July 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Powder - Guerlain - Parure SPF 20 Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by kristyliu

Originally i bought the LANCÔME Translucence Mattifying Silky Pressed Powder, color : 150 Ivory. Maybe i didn't choose the right color, I noticed that when i applied on, it made my skin-tone very red like i got a sunburn or something. Also that powder doesn't have enough coverage.
Then i switched to Guerlain, now I'm totally in love with this powder!
It gives you the flawless looking skin.
The powder itself proves enough coverage without the liquid foundation.
However, this product is much more expensive than lancome or dior ... but it worth every penny!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by happyathome

I admit I hate perfumes in makeup - except for when Guerlain does it. Aahhhh, yaa, they seem to do everything right, especially when you just wanna feel like a girl. I found my compact filled with my spot on colour match (23 dore star), took a big whiff, and just had to review.
Yes, this is the makeup with built-in crystal pearls. You must be prepped. That is, if you have dry patches, exfoliate. If you are oily, take steps to matify. But when you are ready and wear this, it can conceal, soften, and make you so naturally radiant that you won't know if the camera, the crowd, or the mirror is your best friend. It is well worth the time, and it is well worth the money.
Very finely milled, yet there is another quality to it that no other can even come close to replicating. It gleams softly, very unlike a tacky looking sparkle or sheen. A touch matifying, the powder blends incredibly well, it does not cake in the slightest.
Packaging is a dream, as usual. Heavy, refillable, and in a signature pouch. I love the magnetic closure and aerated compartment for the signature sponge.
I tell ya, this may run you up more than the usual... but if looks are your thing, you can feel like a million bucks for a fraction of the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by chessablue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my best Duty Free whim ever. I needed a foundation that was a little darker than usual after getting a bit tanned in Istanbul. I've always liked Guerlain foundations but thought I'd regret it at first, when it seemed too heavy. But I soon realised that the trick is to apply sparingly and blend blend blend into well-moisturised skin, like a mineral foundation. It does look a little dense at first, but quickly melds and looks like natural, healthy skin by the time I've walked to the tube station. It lasts really well on the skin and in the pan, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and has fantastic coverage. Very highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by whitedove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a superb powder foundation...good coverage and color yet doesn't settle into lines. It wears all day. I use a brush to apply it lightly...since the coverage is fairly moderate I don't need heavy application at all - which is nice because I do have rosacea. It has never broken me out either! The only drawback is price and availability. It is a pricey product...though the product & compact it comes in is so pretty at least you know what your paying for! Not all stores carry it either. Definitely a foundation worth looking for though, especially if you can get a good color match for your skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

Sorry Guerlain; now it`s defenetely a no. I got refill ( I always do that if available 1st) about over a year ago in 02 beige exquis and have been testing on and off since. Colour is somewhat off but as close as I could get. Guerlain needs a shade check in fndns.. Coverage is medium at best but enough for me to even skintone and some redness. The finish is something between glowy and matte but not in a good way. The powder doesn`t melt into skin and looks very unnatural no matter how I apply, with a brush or sponge. Every dry spots shows and lasting power on my comb/ dehydrated skin is 5 hours at best. I rather go all matte and use MF Facenety compact or Kanebo Total Finish for flawless lasting finish even though I am over 30years. This is horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by piradanan9

Ofcourse this is also my HG compact foundation. Good coverage and stay on for whole day. Didn t break me out and not my face more oily and I got the right color. The packaging is beautiful but heavy. If include all I have from Guerlain my god it s more than a kilo :( Ha ha so heavy when traveling.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by nuts4dogs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love this powder foundation. It melts in to the skin and doesn't settle in fine lines during the day. I like that I can build the coverage and it gives an airbrushed look. It is expensive but the fine mill is like silk. The down side is the price and the compact is bulky. I've been using powder foundations for a number of years and tried numerous brands and this is by far the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So every makeup junkie tends to have their drug, things you just can't avoid testing, and mine is definitely foundations (...and concealers, blushes and mascara...), and I also have a tendency to be attracted to the higher-end brands, such as Guerlain, Dior and Chanel. So when I was on the lookout for a convenient powder foundation to use on busy days, this seemed to fit the bill. In addition, the SA was very enthusiastic about it, and I was instantly smitten. I quite instantly liked the feel, the colour (#2 Beige Exquis) seemed to blend in nicely, although Guerlain foundations are in general too orange on my skin, which this one didn't. I also like that it doesn't fly everywhere, and that it doesn't leave a very powdery layer on my dryish skin.

So what are the downsides? Well, first of all, this doesn't last long at all, and it wears off in patches, which is not a charming feature. My skin is quite dry, so I don't normally have trouble with the wear of products, but this turned my nose into a shiny mess (yes, it's obviously possible to get a shiny nose even if you're dry), plus it seems to disappear also on my chin and in the area around my nose. Definitely not the look I was after.

Right now, I'm hesitant as to whether I could possibly repurchase or not.
*Edit* After wearing it in winter, when I tend to use richer skincare products, this has sailed up as a definite repurchase, both because it stays true to its colour without oxidising, and also because it stays put all day without disappearing or morphing into powdery hell.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by ge1shh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a replacement for Prescriptives Flawless pressed mineral powder, as Prescriptives stopped trading and I was desperate for a replacement which would be as good. However, I am disappointed. It is expensive and the packaging is lovely - however, I'm not interested in the beautiful gold case (which I find quite cumbersome and not easy to open)- I want something more compact and lighter to pack for air travel and holidays. I don't like the sponge as much as the thinner round applicator I had with Prescriptives, and a brush makes far too much powdery mess - I prefer to use a sponge/powder puff applicator. Also, although Parure looks lovely on me when I first apply it, it doesn't seem to have any staying power, and when I wipe off my make up at the end of the day, there's hardly anything left. This didn't happen with the Prescriptives.
I have said that I will buy it again, but that's only if I can't find anything better, or any way to get hold of the Prescriptives product from the USA, where I believe it might still be available (though not to me trying to order it from the UK!).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Gogowa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder foundation because i used to have the old version "divinora compact foundation" and it was my HG powder foundation, so i thought that this one "parure" would be the same except for the packaging but i was wrong. This powder is diaster, let alone its price, it has zero coverage, and the color is strange, im nc 30, so i chose Doré Sensuel 22 which is relatively abit darker than my skin, but when i apply it it turns out very powdery and very light, i look like a ghost. i dont recommend this powder foundation.