October 24, 2014 | 1076 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Technakohl in Photogravure

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not a good eyeliner.

I was looking for a long wearing pencil eyeliner that was a black/brown or a very dark cool brown.

I have and love UD 24/7 in both demolition and LE crave, and I love them but they're a PITA to sharpen. I found mac technakohl in photogravure and thought this was the answer to my prayers.

It is not.

This liner drags across the lids. DRAGS. No matter what my line always looks shaky and just unskilled. I'm not an eyeliner expert or anything but I know how to draw a straight line. I cannot with this eyeliner.

The color payoff is mediocre at best so I find myself having to go over the same shaky line again and again and again.

This product does not last on my lids AT ALL. Even with a primer this goes under my eyes on the outer corners and I have horrible raccoon face. Even on days where I'm not out long.

This performs worse than any, ANY drugstore eyeliner I have ever bought. Truly.

Why 3 stars then? The color is perfect. This is exactly the color I wanted.

But everything else is absolutely unacceptable. I'll finish this on days I guess I don't care what I look like (when is that honestly?). But I will not repurchase. Not ever ever ever.

::sigh:: I guess my search continues :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: After 6+ months I'm finding it's getting more difficult to get a nice dark line from this product. It seems to be drying up a bit and becoming harder in texture. I will not repurchase. I've switched to Stila Smudge Stick e/l in Damsel, which is softer in texture.

My coloring: NC20, brown eyes/hair.

Photogravure is a neutral, matte, dark brownish black and is the perfect softer alternative to black. There are no red or grayish tones, which makes it flattering for a variety of skintones/coloring.

I really like the Technakohls as they are long-wearing (I don't wear e/l on my waterline), glide on smoothly with a nice point, and don't need sharpening. I love this one so much that I also picked up Brownborder and sadly that one wasn't dark enough and had unflattering red undertones against my eye color.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by arkindt

This is an okay liner. It's no better than any DS liner I've tried, though. I don't think it's worth paying the extra cash. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by StilettoQueen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the first MAC product I ever purchased, and once I used it I was hooked. It was the FIRST, and continues to be the ONLY eyeliner that STAYS PUT. I've used so many others and on my oily skin with my small watery eyes they would be all over my undereye area - ugh. This stuff stays put. Will always have one of these in my makeup bag. And I love the colour. I have very fair pale skin, with blue eyes, and black always looks waaay too harsh on me. This is a nice dark brown, and it contrasts my eyes very nicely. I will never be without this :).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my staples. I love this eyeliner... great staying power, beautiful colour, easy to apply. When I want a bit more of an Audrey Hepburn feel I go for the Penultimate liquid eyeliner pen, so I alternate this one with that. I usually don't even apply mascara, just this eyeliner as close as possible to the lash line (and extended a tiny bit). This is the ONLY eyeliner pencil I have ever found that does not budge or smudge and that's saying a lot, I have been known to show up in people's wedding pictures with raccoon eyes before discovering this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this color. It's a brown/black with no red-tones. I have pale skin, so this is a good version of a black liner for me. I also love the Technakohls, since there is no sharpening involved :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by eskimojoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Iím going to echo the positive reviews that have been written to date.

This is a great colour just a black/brown no red undertones no shimmer. Exactly what i was after.

I apply this on my inner rim and it stays all day. Previously i was using liquid liner but this is my new favourite. A definite keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by nguyen8733

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Looks good on my upper lid but smudges badly on my waterline. Mac fluidlines have better staying power.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to the Dept Store and tried before buying this eyeliner in one eye and Lancome Stylus Waterproof long lasting eyeliner on the other eye. I tried them as a regular eyeliner and not in the waterline. After 2 hours in air conditioner, Lancome eyeliner has disappeared and the MAC one was as new, so I bought MAC, which was also $10 cheaper. Today, I used MAC eyeliner in over 80 degrees and high humidity and after 5 hours, the liner was there, no smudge and still in place. So I think is an excellent choice. The color is also nice, creamy, matte.

update 4/8/12 - My 22 years old daughter also loves this eyeliner and is now buying her second one in same color.
update 4/11/14 - I'm taking lippies out of the previous review. The last 3 times I have bought this eyeliner, it dries out after a month or less and I am unable to use the remaining product. I don't know if they changed the formula, but this is not what it used to be.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

It's an ok pencil, nice neutral matte dark brown. Applies easily, creamy etc. Nothing supernatural though - does not last on the waterline for more than 2 hrs but then again, what does? My old GOSH Velvet Touch in Truly Brown looks identical and performs just as well if not better in terms of staying power. Oh and it's a few bucks cheaper, too. So guess what I'll buy next?