October 21, 2014 | 2005 users online

Loose Powders - Bella Pierre - mineral powder

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

Bella Pierre is a finely milled makeup that's easy to apply. I use a dense flat top brush with only a speck of powder at a time. I really love the initial look of the application. However, as the day wear on, this mineral makeup started looking quite hideous on me. I don't know if my skin might be producing too much oil. Within 3 hours, the makeup started sliding off and oxidizing. I also used a finishing powder but it still didn't help with keeping the makeup on my face. I was so disappointed. The color I ordered was latte. Maybe I should ordered ultra .

Here are the pros:
1. very smooth and pretty during the first 30 minutes or so.
2. Seems to make pores smaller.
3. It hasn't made me break out yet.
4. The coverage is about sheer to light coverage.
5. I purchased mine on amazon for only $20/ jar. I think it's a pretty generous size.
6. The application is easy and smooth.

Here are the cons:
1. It doesn't last on my skin. Things were streaking and breaking apart within 3 hours. It just look dirty. It is not transfer resistant as advertised. If your skin produce any type of oil, it will slick off anything you touch.
2. Oxidizes pretty bad. Latte is considered the top 3 lightest shade and I still look like I was wearing mud in about 2-3 hours. If you have fair skin with any oil production, stick with the top fairer shades.
3. If you are looking for something to cover any type of skin pigmentation, this makeup won't do it. If your skin doesn't have any issues, I think this makeup will be fine. I had to layer at least 10 times , each time just a few specks of powder to create a smooth canvas. I did created a smooth canvas with my extra careful application and was happy for about the first 30 minutes then it gets all crusty, thick, accentuating pores, and imperfections one hour into wearing Bella Pierre powder.
4. They do not have a good color selection. All of the colors look very yellow and deep. I have fair skin and I cannot find anything that look natural on me from Bella Pierre.
5. In my opinion, this makeup isn't made for oily skin. It probably is better for more matured skin.
6. No coverage. So it's great for those with already perfect skin.
7. It is not waterproof , transfer proof, or anything proof. It feels like I am wearing a conventional powder. It rubs off of everything.
8. The makeup feels itchy but I haven't had any bumps or rashes yet. I will update on this later.
9. The longer I have this makeup on, the more hideous it looks. I just can't wait to wash it off.

I might consider buying this powder again in the future when I reach menopause or can no longer produce any more facial oil. I am so disappointed after reading all the hypes everywhere online. Sadly, it didn't work out for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by nessiemess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Grey

Mineral Foundation, Blush and Bronzer review (Get Started Kit)

I bought this for the first time about 3 or 4 years ago
I only bought Cinnamon then. Sadly I had forgotten about the fact that I had gotten tanned from the sun so this color soon got way to dark for me, causing me to not use it anymore.

About 2 or 3 years ago I got the Get Started Kit for my birthday
This time I got the right colors, and if I got a little tan I could also mix colors which came in handy.

I have noticed that the mineral powders work best for me if I don't wear anything underneath it. If I do it strangely enough gets a bit patchy (which is kind of weird considering I used fairly good moisturizer) and wears off faster. I don't think I would say that they last the entire day, but maybe with the right moisturizer or primer it will.

The Mineral power doesn't make me look dusty or too matte. If I remember correctly the color Ultra also has a bit of light reflecting minerals in it . They don't make you shiny or shimmery at all but they do give you a nice glowy look.

The only thing I did not like was the bronzer. This was because it was extremely glittery/sparkly which I did not like. Until a few weeks ago, where I decided to take a super small amount and pat that on my cheeks where I had put some blush. I was amazed by the way it looked. It doesn't make you that glittery but it kind of reminds me of the Shimmering Skin Perfector from Becca Cosmetics.

Overview:

Pros:
+Looks natural
+good colors (mixing is easily possible
+easy to apply
+good texture on skin because if fine minerals
+it goes a long way (I gather 1 pot lasts at least a year)

Cons:
-can get patchy on dry faces (I advise a good primer or moisturizer)
-wears off quickly (but I do touch my face a lot and I don't use a primer)
-Pricey
-Bit of a messy package (you have to pour the powder into the lid and then you can dap your brush in it)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by arnettco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The whole makeup (anti-aging cream, foundation, blush, eye shadow) was applied to my face at a kiosk in the mall at about 1130 am. I was told by the sales person that it would last for 12 hours. When I got home from running errands at 6 pm that night the makeup had worn off!
I had purchased everything and returned it (unopened) the very next morning at 930 am just to be told that they would NOT refund my money but would gladly exchange the product I purchased. Why would I want ANY product from them when it DID NOT live up to the sales pitch ravings!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by JanM

This is a review for the pressed mineral foundation. I bought this when it was first on QVCUK - it was a fair price around £25 with p+p and I figured that I could send it back if it did not suit. I went for the lightest shade (Ultra) and although I am not the fairest of the fair I correctly assumed that with an oilier skin there would be some oxidation and darkening on my skin.

So this is a pressed mineral foundation, the ingredients are minimal - Mica, Zinc Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lauroyl Lysine, Lonicera Caprifolium(Honeysuckle) Flower Extract May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, ChromiumOxide Green.

The packaging is tinny and plasticy, and rather cheap looking but the product is great - it is heavily pigmented and quite creamy, but the pigmentation is not dense and powdery nor is the creaminess so much that it slides off my skin. I tend to go in with the Bare Minerals/Escentuals Maximum Coverage concealer brush (possibly the only BM product that I actually get on with) around nose, under and around eyes and to cover any areas of hyperpigmentation of which I have many, and then picking a densely packed kabuki brush I apply to the rest of the face in long strokes and then buff in to blend.

The coverage is buildable and the longevity is excellent - it lasts a good 7 hrs on my oily skin, I may need to reapply at lunchtime but I often don't have time and there is little deterioration.

What I really like is that in a relatively short space of time I can achieve a flawless face and whilst I may initially look a bit dry/mask like within a couple of minutes my face looks like my face but flawless with a bit of a glow but not a shine and all the areas I dislike, ie brown spots, reddened cheeks, blackheads have disappeared and I look like me but infinitely better.

I have re-purchased on several occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by lolapolar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. Goes on great covers broken and spider veins. Does not irritate my very sensitive rosacea skin. Only 4 ingredients and no bismuth hooray. Does not sit in pores. Flawless. The Bella Pierre website says you just need to sweep it on to the skin and not buff, but I do buff gently in just to make it more flawless. Contains jojoba oil which is excellent for problematic skin. Your skin will thank you for putting this little beauty on.

Pros:
Excellent coverage
Makes pores look smaller
Nothing harmful, only good ingredients
Not tested on animals
NO BISMUTH, why make-up companies are still put this in make-up is beyond me. Just a cheap, man-made nasty filler and I for one would not buy a single product containing it.
Lasts all day

Cons:
Colour range is not very good (limited), really needs to expand colours
Can be pricey to buy. QVC are quite reasonable as is Ebay
Packaging is a bit flimsy.
Can oxidise slightly

Overall, this really is a great foundation. I always return to this when my skin starts playing up (damn you rosacea). Would highly recommend this powder foundation if you prefer powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by catmcg

I have combination skin and a few fine lines around my eyes, as well as a few red acne scars around my chin so I was wary of using a powder foundation, but oh my goodness i loveeeee this product!! All my worries were set aside after my first few days wearing it! Normally i find makeup just slides off my face by the end of the day but not with this, the coverage was perfect and I had no need for a consealer as i just loaded my smaller brush and applied some more over the problem area! Although this is a powder foundation it doesnt not feel tighten the skin, and feels very light! I had so many compliments since changing to this and im recommending it to so many friends and family that im probably starting to sound like a sales woman lol but this is such a good product I just had to write a review and share the love lol!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by ge1shh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't been using it for long, so may need to revise the review. It's lovely to apply, especially with the Bella Pierre Kabuki brush, despite getting a bit powdery and messy in the container - but I guess they all do that when you apply with a brush. Haven't tried yet with the pad that is supplied, which fits inside the compact. I felt a bit concerned before using it, since a few reviewers have said that it sits heavy and enlarges their pores, and also that the ivory looks a bit masklike. The salesgirl in the store was very persuasive that ivory was the right colour for me, and I thought it looked rather pale. Anyway, it doesn't look as pale and masklike as I expected - there is some warmth in it, and the colour is fine once I have applied some blush or bronzer, or put it over a tinted moisturiser. I have not given it a 5 star because I do suspect that it does in fact enlarge my pores and fine lines somewhat - though I may be just imagining it. I'm in the older age bracket, so maybe it is more suitable for younger skin. But I'm loving using it so far and don't regret purchasing it, and especially the kabuki brush as well - it feels so soft and suits the texture of the powder so that it goes on very smoothly. I got these products cheaper online than from the store, but I don't know if those prices will last online. At full price, it is indeed expensive.
AN UPDATE - after using this for a while, I realise that it really does pay off if you use a good primer underneath. I think that solves the problem of it appearing to enlarge pores and emphasising fine lines in more mature skin. I've just ordered the Bella Pierre primer - don't really need it as I have a few others at home, but it sounds really good.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Valerie84

I gave this a 5 star rating because it is a very good product. The overall worth and price is on the high end, however I found the face starter kit on Clearance for $23 in Canada. I saved around $80-$100. The kit (medium) contains foundation in Ivory & Cinnamon, blush in Suede, and bronzer in Starshine. Also included is a concealer brush, angled blush brush, and loose foundation brush. The foundation goes on to a beautiful natural, matte finish, and the blush is Terra-Cotta color. The bronzer is light and makes a beautiful highlighting powder. The brushes are very nice, however had some shedding. But it may just need to be broken in. The foundation conceals redness and pores, however it can dry out fresh pimples. Which heals my acne fast, but left that dried out crusty look. I would recommend a creamy concealer instead. Products I have used in the past are Jane Iredale, Youngblood, and Elizabeth Arden.Overall, I would say Youngblood has the best coverage, but slides off during the day on oily skin. I would recommend it for people with dry skin. But for women with oily or combination or large pores....I would go with BellaPierre. Also, BellaPierre is healthier for the skin and will not clog pores. And I broke a beauty rule bu sleeping in the BellaPierre and had it on my face for over 24 hours...and it looked untouched, except for the dried out acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by linda80

I have been using this for 2 weeks now and it has not caused me to breakout (knock on wood!). It feels natural on my skin and easy to apply. The only problem I had was with the color being a little dark for me. I purchased it in cinnamon because I have a light tan but I forgot that my face and neck was a lot lighter. I am thinking about purchasing the ivory and mixing the two. Overall, I am VERY happy with the product. Don't forget to moisturize before applying and having taking it off. That way you won't get dry from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by aknecht13

This stuff is fantastic! So natural looking, I have had so many compliments on my skin since wearing it. It doesn't clog my pores like BE did.
Only reason I can't give 5 stars, is the color cinnamon in the compact has a reddish (terracotta like) undertone that makes me look odd. The loose powder in the same color looks fine, but since my skin is very oily, i prefer the compact that has a matte finish.
I ordered mine on Amazon and got a reasonable price. It is odd how the company website is so expensive compared to their amazon store...
I also own their primer which is great! doesn't clog my pores and controls shine.
After trying many mineral foundations and powder foundations, this is my favorite thus far.