Bella Pierre - mineral powder

on 7/13/2015 9:26:00 AM

I love it! Bough it with a contouring set box in ivory shade. I ve never used loose powders before as i was a bit scared that is difficult to apply, it is messy etc. With this powder I change my mind. I apply it with kabuki brush all over my face and it leaves it looking super natural and also, what surprise me it does have a quiet good coverage!! I use it as a powder and setting powder after foundation. I think is good especially now for summer as i dont want to put too much make up on my face but still look flawless! I am very happy with purchuase. I found this kit in tk maxx and paid only 20 for mineral powder highliter bronzer and 2 brushes which i think is super deal!

on 2/13/2015 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have a fairly high opinion of BellaPierre's mineral foundation.

The powder comes in a sift lock container. I purchased it in the shade Ultra, as I'm as pale as they come. It's slightly yellowy, I wish it was more to the pinker end of the scale, but, it's a good match and doesn't look out of place on my face. So I'm happy.

I only need a tiny amount to buff into my skin to get a decent, medium coverage and it's so easily buildable to give a full coverage finish, without looking cakey. It's very lightweight, very blendable, it almost melts into your skin. And it leaves a flawless finish. And I mean flawless. My skin has a doll-like quality when I wear it, but not over the top, still with character, but refined. I adore that look.
So, it covers blemishes, uneven skin tone and even dark circles! I don't need to use my concealer under my eyes. It doesn't tend to catch on dry skin or flakes. Now, I do moisturise and use a primer before applying this, so it's not all down to the foundation - it's imperative that you moisturise and use primer. You can't skimp on these things when striving for a flawless look.

Ingredients are minimal, Mica, Titanium Dioxide , Zinc Oxide , Iron Oxides. No fillers.
Importantly, it does not contain Bismuth Oxychloride. I like that. I like that there's not a chance of me breaking out or getting skin irritation.

I cannot recommend this foundation enough, it's my go to foundation, my holy grail. I couldn't live without this. I've spent so many years looking for the right foundation. This is it for me.

on 1/26/2015 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for 5 years now. The powder is finely milled and looks best when applied on top of a thick moisturiser. I do start to get a little oily around the T-zone areas after 6-7 hours though so if you have super oily skin, I'd stay away.

on 7/20/2014 7:18:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

Bella Pierre is a finely milled makeup that's easy to apply. I use a dense flat top brush with only a speck of powder at a time. I really love the initial look of the application. However, as the day wear on, this mineral makeup started looking quite hideous on me. I don't know if my skin might be producing too much oil. Within 3 hours, the makeup started sliding off and oxidizing. I also used a finishing powder but it still didn't help with keeping the makeup on my face. I was so disappointed. The color I ordered was latte. Maybe I should ordered ultra .

Here are the pros:
1. very smooth and pretty during the first 30 minutes or so.
2. Seems to make pores smaller.
3. It hasn't made me break out yet.
4. The coverage is about sheer to light coverage.
5. I purchased mine on amazon for only $20/ jar. I think it's a pretty generous size.
6. The application is easy and smooth.

Here are the cons:
1. It doesn't last on my skin. Things were streaking and breaking apart within 3 hours. It just look dirty. It is not transfer resistant as advertised. If your skin produce any type of oil, it will slick off anything you touch.
2. Oxidizes pretty bad. Latte is considered the top 3 lightest shade and I still look like I was wearing mud in about 2-3 hours. If you have fair skin with any oil production, stick with the top fairer shades.
3. If you are looking for something to cover any type of skin pigmentation, this makeup won't do it. If your skin doesn't have any issues, I think this makeup will be fine. I had to layer at least 10 times , each time just a few specks of powder to create a smooth canvas. I did created a smooth canvas with my extra careful application and was happy for about the first 30 minutes then it gets all crusty, thick, accentuating pores, and imperfections one hour into wearing Bella Pierre powder.
4. They do not have a good color selection. All of the colors look very yellow and deep. I have fair skin and I cannot find anything that look natural on me from Bella Pierre.
5. In my opinion, this makeup isn't made for oily skin. It probably is better for more matured skin.
6. No coverage. So it's great for those with already perfect skin.
7. It is not waterproof , transfer proof, or anything proof. It feels like I am wearing a conventional powder. It rubs off of everything.
8. The makeup feels itchy but I haven't had any bumps or rashes yet. I will update on this later.
9. The longer I have this makeup on, the more hideous it looks. I just can't wait to wash it off.

I might consider buying this powder again in the future when I reach menopause or can no longer produce any more facial oil. I am so disappointed after reading all the hypes everywhere online. Sadly, it didn't work out for me.

on 7/17/2014 4:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

Mineral Foundation, Blush and Bronzer review (Get Started Kit)

I bought this for the first time about 3 or 4 years ago
I only bought Cinnamon then. Sadly I had forgotten about the fact that I had gotten tanned from the sun so this color soon got way to dark for me, causing me to not use it anymore.

About 2 or 3 years ago I got the Get Started Kit for my birthday
This time I got the right colors, and if I got a little tan I could also mix colors which came in handy.

I have noticed that the mineral powders work best for me if I don't wear anything underneath it. If I do it strangely enough gets a bit patchy (which is kind of weird considering I used fairly good moisturizer) and wears off faster. I don't think I would say that they last the entire day, but maybe with the right moisturizer or primer it will.

The Mineral power doesn't make me look dusty or too matte. If I remember correctly the color Ultra also has a bit of light reflecting minerals in it . They don't make you shiny or shimmery at all but they do give you a nice glowy look.

The only thing I did not like was the bronzer. This was because it was extremely glittery/sparkly which I did not like. Until a few weeks ago, where I decided to take a super small amount and pat that on my cheeks where I had put some blush. I was amazed by the way it looked. It doesn't make you that glittery but it kind of reminds me of the Shimmering Skin Perfector from Becca Cosmetics.

+Looks natural
+good colors (mixing is easily possible
+easy to apply
+good texture on skin because if fine minerals
+it goes a long way (I gather 1 pot lasts at least a year)

-can get patchy on dry faces (I advise a good primer or moisturizer)
-wears off quickly (but I do touch my face a lot and I don't use a primer)
-Bit of a messy package (you have to pour the powder into the lid and then you can dap your brush in it)

on 4/22/2014 10:06:00 AM

The whole makeup (anti-aging cream, foundation, blush, eye shadow) was applied to my face at a kiosk in the mall at about 1130 am. I was told by the sales person that it would last for 12 hours. When I got home from running errands at 6 pm that night the makeup had worn off!
I had purchased everything and returned it (unopened) the very next morning at 930 am just to be told that they would NOT refund my money but would gladly exchange the product I purchased. Why would I want ANY product from them when it DID NOT live up to the sales pitch ravings!

on 11/16/2013 10:44:00 AM

This is a review for the pressed mineral foundation. I bought this when it was first on QVCUK - it was a fair price around £25 with p+p and I figured that I could send it back if it did not suit. I went for the lightest shade (Ultra) and although I am not the fairest of the fair I correctly assumed that with an oilier skin there would be some oxidation and darkening on my skin.

So this is a pressed mineral foundation, the ingredients are minimal - Mica, Zinc Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lauroyl Lysine, Lonicera Caprifolium(Honeysuckle) Flower Extract May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, ChromiumOxide Green.

The packaging is tinny and plasticy, and rather cheap looking but the product is great - it is heavily pigmented and quite creamy, but the pigmentation is not dense and powdery nor is the creaminess so much that it slides off my skin. I tend to go in with the Bare Minerals/Escentuals Maximum Coverage concealer brush (possibly the only BM product that I actually get on with) around nose, under and around eyes and to cover any areas of hyperpigmentation of which I have many, and then picking a densely packed kabuki brush I apply to the rest of the face in long strokes and then buff in to blend.

The coverage is buildable and the longevity is excellent - it lasts a good 7 hrs on my oily skin, I may need to reapply at lunchtime but I often don't have time and there is little deterioration.

What I really like is that in a relatively short space of time I can achieve a flawless face and whilst I may initially look a bit dry/mask like within a couple of minutes my face looks like my face but flawless with a bit of a glow but not a shine and all the areas I dislike, ie brown spots, reddened cheeks, blackheads have disappeared and I look like me but infinitely better.

I have re-purchased on several occasions.

on 4/13/2013 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. Goes on great covers broken and spider veins. Does not irritate my very sensitive rosacea skin. Only 4 ingredients and no bismuth hooray. Does not sit in pores. Flawless. The Bella Pierre website says you just need to sweep it on to the skin and not buff, but I do buff gently in just to make it more flawless. Contains jojoba oil which is excellent for problematic skin. Your skin will thank you for putting this little beauty on.

Excellent coverage
Makes pores look smaller
Nothing harmful, only good ingredients
Not tested on animals
NO BISMUTH, why make-up companies are still put this in make-up is beyond me. Just a cheap, man-made nasty filler and I for one would not buy a single product containing it.
Lasts all day

Colour range is not very good (limited), really needs to expand colours
Can be pricey to buy. QVC are quite reasonable as is Ebay
Packaging is a bit flimsy.
Can oxidise slightly

Overall, this really is a great foundation. I always return to this when my skin starts playing up (damn you rosacea). Would highly recommend this powder foundation if you prefer powder foundation.

on 3/17/2013 2:49:00 PM

I have combination skin and a few fine lines around my eyes, as well as a few red acne scars around my chin so I was wary of using a powder foundation, but oh my goodness i loveeeee this product!! All my worries were set aside after my first few days wearing it! Normally i find makeup just slides off my face by the end of the day but not with this, the coverage was perfect and I had no need for a consealer as i just loaded my smaller brush and applied some more over the problem area! Although this is a powder foundation it doesnt not feel tighten the skin, and feels very light! I had so many compliments since changing to this and im recommending it to so many friends and family that im probably starting to sound like a sales woman lol but this is such a good product I just had to write a review and share the love lol!!

on 1/13/2013 11:10:00 AM

I haven't been using it for long, so may need to revise the review. It's lovely to apply, especially with the Bella Pierre Kabuki brush, despite getting a bit powdery and messy in the container - but I guess they all do that when you apply with a brush. Haven't tried yet with the pad that is supplied, which fits inside the compact. I felt a bit concerned before using it, since a few reviewers have said that it sits heavy and enlarges their pores, and also that the ivory looks a bit masklike. The salesgirl in the store was very persuasive that ivory was the right colour for me, and I thought it looked rather pale. Anyway, it doesn't look as pale and masklike as I expected - there is some warmth in it, and the colour is fine once I have applied some blush or bronzer, or put it over a tinted moisturiser. I have not given it a 5 star because I do suspect that it does in fact enlarge my pores and fine lines somewhat - though I may be just imagining it. I'm in the older age bracket, so maybe it is more suitable for younger skin. But I'm loving using it so far and don't regret purchasing it, and especially the kabuki brush as well - it feels so soft and suits the texture of the powder so that it goes on very smoothly. I got these products cheaper online than from the store, but I don't know if those prices will last online. At full price, it is indeed expensive.
AN UPDATE - after using this for a while, I realise that it really does pay off if you use a good primer underneath. I think that solves the problem of it appearing to enlarge pores and emphasising fine lines in more mature skin. I've just ordered the Bella Pierre primer - don't really need it as I have a few others at home, but it sounds really good.

Recommended for Normal Skin