April 16, 2014 | 1846 users online

Loose Powders - Bella Pierre - mineral powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by JanM

This is a review for the pressed mineral foundation. I bought this when it was first on QVCUK - it was a fair price around £25 with p+p and I figured that I could send it back if it did not suit. I went for the lightest shade (Ultra) and although I am not the fairest of the fair I correctly assumed that with an oilier skin there would be some oxidation and darkening on my skin.

So this is a pressed mineral foundation, the ingredients are minimal - Mica, Zinc Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lauroyl Lysine, Lonicera Caprifolium(Honeysuckle) Flower Extract May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, ChromiumOxide Green.

The packaging is tinny and plasticy, and rather cheap looking but the product is great - it is heavily pigmented and quite creamy, but the pigmentation is not dense and powdery nor is the creaminess so much that it slides off my skin. I tend to go in with the Bare Minerals/Escentuals Maximum Coverage concealer brush (possibly the only BM product that I actually get on with) around nose, under and around eyes and to cover any areas of hyperpigmentation of which I have many, and then picking a densely packed kabuki brush I apply to the rest of the face in long strokes and then buff in to blend.

The coverage is buildable and the longevity is excellent - it lasts a good 7 hrs on my oily skin, I may need to reapply at lunchtime but I often don't have time and there is little deterioration.

What I really like is that in a relatively short space of time I can achieve a flawless face and whilst I may initially look a bit dry/mask like within a couple of minutes my face looks like my face but flawless with a bit of a glow but not a shine and all the areas I dislike, ie brown spots, reddened cheeks, blackheads have disappeared and I look like me but infinitely better.

I have re-purchased on several occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by lolapolar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. Goes on great covers broken and spider veins. Does not irritate my very sensitive rosacea skin. Only 4 ingredients and no bismuth hooray. Does not sit in pores. Flawless. The Bella Pierre website says you just need to sweep it on to the skin and not buff, but I do buff gently in just to make it more flawless. Contains jojoba oil which is excellent for problematic skin. Your skin will thank you for putting this little beauty on.

Pros:
Excellent coverage
Makes pores look smaller
Nothing harmful, only good ingredients
Not tested on animals
NO BISMUTH, why make-up companies are still put this in make-up is beyond me. Just a cheap, man-made nasty filler and I for one would not buy a single product containing it.
Lasts all day

Cons:
Colour range is not very good (limited), really needs to expand colours
Can be pricey to buy. QVC are quite reasonable as is Ebay
Packaging is a bit flimsy.
Can oxidise slightly

Overall, this really is a great foundation. I always return to this when my skin starts playing up (damn you rosacea). Would highly recommend this powder foundation if you prefer powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by catmcg

I have combination skin and a few fine lines around my eyes, as well as a few red acne scars around my chin so I was wary of using a powder foundation, but oh my goodness i loveeeee this product!! All my worries were set aside after my first few days wearing it! Normally i find makeup just slides off my face by the end of the day but not with this, the coverage was perfect and I had no need for a consealer as i just loaded my smaller brush and applied some more over the problem area! Although this is a powder foundation it doesnt not feel tighten the skin, and feels very light! I had so many compliments since changing to this and im recommending it to so many friends and family that im probably starting to sound like a sales woman lol but this is such a good product I just had to write a review and share the love lol!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by ge1shh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't been using it for long, so may need to revise the review. It's lovely to apply, especially with the Bella Pierre Kabuki brush, despite getting a bit powdery and messy in the container - but I guess they all do that when you apply with a brush. Haven't tried yet with the pad that is supplied, which fits inside the compact. I felt a bit concerned before using it, since a few reviewers have said that it sits heavy and enlarges their pores, and also that the ivory looks a bit masklike. The salesgirl in the store was very persuasive that ivory was the right colour for me, and I thought it looked rather pale. Anyway, it doesn't look as pale and masklike as I expected - there is some warmth in it, and the colour is fine once I have applied some blush or bronzer, or put it over a tinted moisturiser. I have not given it a 5 star because I do suspect that it does in fact enlarge my pores and fine lines somewhat - though I may be just imagining it. I'm in the older age bracket, so maybe it is more suitable for younger skin. But I'm loving using it so far and don't regret purchasing it, and especially the kabuki brush as well - it feels so soft and suits the texture of the powder so that it goes on very smoothly. I got these products cheaper online than from the store, but I don't know if those prices will last online. At full price, it is indeed expensive.
AN UPDATE - after using this for a while, I realise that it really does pay off if you use a good primer underneath. I think that solves the problem of it appearing to enlarge pores and emphasising fine lines in more mature skin. I've just ordered the Bella Pierre primer - don't really need it as I have a few others at home, but it sounds really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Valerie84

I gave this a 5 star rating because it is a very good product. The overall worth and price is on the high end, however I found the face starter kit on Clearance for $23 in Canada. I saved around $80-$100. The kit (medium) contains foundation in Ivory & Cinnamon, blush in Suede, and bronzer in Starshine. Also included is a concealer brush, angled blush brush, and loose foundation brush. The foundation goes on to a beautiful natural, matte finish, and the blush is Terra-Cotta color. The bronzer is light and makes a beautiful highlighting powder. The brushes are very nice, however had some shedding. But it may just need to be broken in. The foundation conceals redness and pores, however it can dry out fresh pimples. Which heals my acne fast, but left that dried out crusty look. I would recommend a creamy concealer instead. Products I have used in the past are Jane Iredale, Youngblood, and Elizabeth Arden.Overall, I would say Youngblood has the best coverage, but slides off during the day on oily skin. I would recommend it for people with dry skin. But for women with oily or combination or large pores....I would go with BellaPierre. Also, BellaPierre is healthier for the skin and will not clog pores. And I broke a beauty rule bu sleeping in the BellaPierre and had it on my face for over 24 hours...and it looked untouched, except for the dried out acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by linda80

I have been using this for 2 weeks now and it has not caused me to breakout (knock on wood!). It feels natural on my skin and easy to apply. The only problem I had was with the color being a little dark for me. I purchased it in cinnamon because I have a light tan but I forgot that my face and neck was a lot lighter. I am thinking about purchasing the ivory and mixing the two. Overall, I am VERY happy with the product. Don't forget to moisturize before applying and having taking it off. That way you won't get dry from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by aknecht13

This stuff is fantastic! So natural looking, I have had so many compliments on my skin since wearing it. It doesn't clog my pores like BE did.
Only reason I can't give 5 stars, is the color cinnamon in the compact has a reddish (terracotta like) undertone that makes me look odd. The loose powder in the same color looks fine, but since my skin is very oily, i prefer the compact that has a matte finish.
I ordered mine on Amazon and got a reasonable price. It is odd how the company website is so expensive compared to their amazon store...
I also own their primer which is great! doesn't clog my pores and controls shine.
After trying many mineral foundations and powder foundations, this is my favorite thus far.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ladybgn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this with a groupon of some kind. i was like, eh, whatever, it's a good deal, why not try. i have to say, i'm pleasantly surprised by the results. compared to BE, it feels more lightweight and i experienced no slippage during the day; with BE - i was a greasy mess by mid- to late day and i have combo skin; that shouldn't happen. anyway, i got a starter kit and i combine ivory and cinnamon. totally happy at the moment.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by beanshta285

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This company is a rip off. I went to the Planet Hollywood kiosk and they were charging $100 for foundation, blush and primer which are far cheaper on the bellapierre website. They sold the make up brushes for double the price on the website. It is terrible they are so dishonest.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 7:23:00 AM More reviews by sabiha93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*IM REVIEWING THE COMPACT GET IT, ITS BETTER*

IF YOU HAVE ACNE/BLEMISH PRONE SKIN THIS IS THE FOUNDATION FOR YOU!
I have never written a review for anything before but this foundation is seriously so good you really have to try it!
To make it quick
PROS
- FULL coverage and I;ve got acne scars since I was 13
- If I have cysts and whiteheads by the end of the day it is dried out & flat (then a couple of days its gone)
- 20% zinc as opposed to other foundations containing 2%
- If you do sleep in it you won;t break out
- Waterproof
- Sturdy and convenient packaging
- Stays on all day
- Doesnt break me out
- No expiry date

CONS
- Price
- Packaging does look cheap
- Accessibility
- Shades are limited
- Weird staff

I wear this foundation every single day and it doesnt break me out, it actually heals and makes my skin better. Ive been using it for 4 months and its just a small "dent" in my compact so this compact will last me ages
I found this on the internet and went into House of Fraser, the price is 40 but if you do know your shade you can order it from loads of online shops (found it for 16 - annoyed now).
When I brought it the staff really did seem OTT but I'm glad I brought this - it really is a miracle for those with oily skin. As long as you put primer first, it lasts ALL day. I'm used to liquid so when I found that it didn't make any excess marks on clothes and didn't look "cakey" I was shocked. As this brand isn't that well known I thought it would be dodgy - but the guy said theres only 4 ingredients so you wont get a reaction or anything. Even cancer patients who cant wear make up due to getting into their bloodstream has raved about the health benefits of this. There is no expiry date and I'm happy to stock up on this! HG HG HG

GET IT!