October 24, 2014 | 1730 users online

Highlighters - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Mineral Glow

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in pink glow.
IT IS CHOCK FULL OF GOLD GLITTER. Not exactly what I had in mind. For summer nights out, sure, I don't mind some glow. But for every day wear, this wasn't for me. It's dry and can settle into fine lines easily. The color didn't seem to really show up on my face, which could be entirely my fault, perhaps I chose the wrong color for my skin tone. I'm not spending another 15$ to find out.
Packaging sucks, I don't use the stippling-type brush that came with it, I use my own blush brush.
This product did not clog my pores, cause breakouts or cause any other unwanted affects.
I will use it up, but not often. And typically I mix some of the powder with an oil and apply it like liquid. This does help with settling some.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in Muave Glow (I think my mom gave it to me) and I would only use this lightly as a highlighter. It's SUPER shimmery, I think. I use Physicians Formula shimmer strips as a bronzer/glow and I think that's more pigmented and shimmery but not so glarring. I guess I wouldn't want this to be too pigmented considering it's a glow, and it is mauve which is a sort of drabby color, but idk, it's almost too pinky. I have to go very lightly on this. I use it, but not often.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by kits4cat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok-I realize this is pretty sparkle-heavy, but I think like anything else it is YMMV....on me, it is wonderful! I have the pink glow and I use it as blush on days I don't want much color, but need a "pick me up" not to look washed out. That said, I do wear FULL coverage foundation due to severe melasma, so the sparkly glow actually works in my favor to keep me looking too flat and dead. I also sing and the stage lights can be brutal without some sparkle, so I wear over my regular blush for that effect when I am on stage. It takes very little product, and I don't seem to have the issue of it fading or losing color that some people have complained about, so even though it is pricy for a drugstore product, it will last a long time. The only thing I can't stand is the packaging! Not very travel friendly, and not helpful to attach a brush when you pretty much will want to use your own brushes anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by ObeyBoo7998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

U have this product in Muave Glow(430) and it was actually a gift. Normally I would not pay the $15 dollars because IMO that is a bit pricey. I dislike the packaging as well because if you have ever used the brush it make somewhat of a mess in your makeup bag.. I use a dense kabuki brush when I apply this to my cheeks.. Many people complain about the glitter, however Muave Glow is very subtle on the glitter.. I would reccomend this as a bronzes for tanner people.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by SilentWinter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this thinking it would be a nice, gentle blush as I have terribly pale skin certain kinds of blush can make me look washed out or artificial. This does both because it is not a blush at all, but pink glitter. Literally. I have to apply a bunch to even give myself any color and then I have to put more powder foundation on to tone down the sparkles. Spend your money on an actual blush or bronzer, but not this, It is simply a waste of your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck! I really didn't like this product. It's hard to set it in the right place for a highlight and it looks glittery on... It doesn't leave a nice sheen, but looks like you had glitter fall out from eyeshadows. I think it's expensive for what it is, and dislike the packaging because it's not very convenient. Overall, you're much better off investing in an MSF or a LORAC luminizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by diana225

I loveeeee this product! it's absolutely amazing! it gives your face a great glow, and radiance. I usually wear victoria's secret trio bronzer but I put this one on top and it works great, it is just wonderful and I will keep repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by devildogs_doll

I love this product! I saw it in the store and I liked the idea of a 'glow'. I used to use Revlon's Skinlights...the illuminating cream that they used to sell...and I loved it. Then it was discontinued. Bye bye glowing radiant skin. I couldn't find anything else like it...and I was absolutely not going to pay a fortune for it. I am one of those people that steers well away from department store cosmetics. I've always found I can get the same or better product at the drugstore and I still do.

I bought this in Nude glow. I've got platinum blonde hair right now, blue eyes and fair skin...I don't like using the brush that comes with the packaging. It just makes a mess. I use a smaller-size kabuki brush to apply this and I apply it over my cheekbones, blending down my cheek a bit, the bridge to tip of my nose, and then the sides of my forehead. After this, I'll dust translucent powder over my skin to tone it down a little and "set" it. This really gives a beautiful lustre to dull skin.

I know people are REALLY afraid of glitter now that the glitter trend is long over so they are automatically put on the defensive the minute they hear the word 'glitter'. I've bought products with huge chunks of glitter in them before, too. Yes, you don't want to put that on your skin. Nothing more appealing than glitter in your pores. However, this glitter is finely ground enough where it's really not that noticeable. More a slight sparkle than Your face will not look like a disco ball or a tiara. Just apply some translucent powder over it and it looks fantastic. I've gotten so many compliments on my skin since I started using this. I have terrible skin...but I've had quite a few people tell me, "You have the most beautiful skin!" I just want to laugh and say, "It's the makeup...underneath, I'm a fright mask..." I'm highly impressed with this stuff - A few pointers: Tap your brush on the side of the container over the collection tray to knock off some of the excess product on your brush. You only want a small amount on your brush and can reapply up to desired result. Don't put this on over your whole face. Cover with translucent powder if too dark or too shimmery for your tastes.

My only con is the packaging. It's bulky and doesn't fit well in a makeup bag. I wish them made this in a small canister and just skipped the brush. I think everyone knows, now, that you apply mineral makeup with a brush and should have one on hand. Or put it in a package with a detached brush included.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

Received this as a gift, but not blown away by it. On my NW20 skin it looks really shimmery (I have the pink rose one), and I think as a highlighter, there are better products out there. My personal favourite is MAC skinfinish in soft and gentle. Good for the price though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by markb91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in transluscent rose. This is like magic. My skin is very fair but this product applied overall on top of my bare naturale foundation gives me an almost elfic glow. My skin looks so white and pure. And if I apply more on cheekbones, noe bridge, jawline and brow bones it act like a subtle illuminator. I recommand this product for everyone who has fair skin and want to have the porcelain skin glow.