November 28, 2014 | 841 users online

Lip Gloss - Laura Mercier - Lip Stain in Sugar Violet

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Loving this lip color! It makes my skin look alive, my eyes pop & fades beautifully. I have medium neutral skin with a little olive tinge, brunette hair & green/brown hazel eyes. I tried it on in Sephora on a day I only had powder on & it is just so flattering, I can't believe it. I adore a product that allows me to wear less makeup & still feel pretty.

I'm not a big fan of stains, they dry my lips, then migrate all over my face or pill with lip balm. Not this one! It has a slightly drier texture than a balm, more like a sheer lipstick in a pot. It fades evenly & stays put with lip balm. A true plum with a blue violet sheen when applied, a sheer, buildable color. I love using it under my fresh Sugar Plum balm. I use the stain in the morning & touch up with the balm after lunch - highly recommend these two together.

If you want a color to be super rich & last for days on end, this one probably isn't for you. It does last a lot longer than regular gloss or balm, doesn't settle into lines or leave a crazy lip liner look as it fades. Moisturizing & a beautiful, wearable, flattering color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty impressed with this! I bought this to wear under my wildberry gloss, and it looks great together. Nice for this winter into spring season. Lasted over 4 hours on, and even thru pizza and drinking with a straw! I would love to try the other colors, these are really nice. Price was average. Ok with it coming in a pot, not so hygienic, but I like the color, so I wont complain! Overall, happy with the purchase. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this color ........ Laura Mercier has excellent quality and the lip stain in Sugar Violet is no exception .......... for those who are very pale, like myself, and who are unable to rock red lips, I suggest Sugar Violet ......... gives a nice finish and more importantly allows me to wear color on my lips without looking laughable. This is an excellent choice for PPP's. Sugar Violet also looks great paired with LM's Orchid Mosaic which I wear as a blush (add black mascara, and these three items give you a nice look, especially for winter.)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by premerald2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this product. Tried it on in Sephora while on vacation(not available where I live) and loved it. Unfortunately the one I bought at that time turned out to be more brown then the tester so I'm not impressed. Be careful with this one, product batches seem to differ more then slightly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by trackypup

Very happy with this purchase. Love the colour, suits my skin tone. On me it's an plumy amethest. It has good staying power, I wouldn't say it's the best. I've never understood why someone would mark it down for coming in a pot...it was in a pot when you bought it, if that's not what you were looking for, there's other things on the market. Would repurchase as well as pick up more Laura Mercier stains.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by makeupmandy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This lip stain is a gorgeous and unusual color. It looks very purpley in the pot but swipe it on the back of your hand and you can see that it has a lot of yellow undertones. This works very well for my fair, neutral/warm complextion. I usually can't wear purples--or anything too cool toned on my lips.
This is especially great to wear during the cooler months when I need a little more lip color to perk up my complextion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ikura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color:
This is a rich plummy brown with a definite sheen to it. I swapped for it untested, and lucked out: it definitely complements my coloring. I cannot wear reds, and most pastels look god awful on me.

Lasting power:
It is superior to a lipstick, and since it has shimmer I don't feel the urge to wear a gloss on top. Doesn't come off when kissing.

Texture:
I don't find it drying, but it's not as comfortable as wearing a balm, it has sort of a dry texture, but doesn't dry my lips if that makes sense. I like the look worn over a balm too, so works if my lips are particularly dry.

So I'm definitely happy with it, t has sparked interest in trying other "stains," and I might even repurchase if I ever ran out (seems unlikely).

*UPDATE 2010* still really happy with this - and I wanted to note that it multitasks on cheeks and eyes, at least for my coloring. They should market it as a multi-use product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by grace95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just tried this product... Luv it. It is a very pretty color and nice texture.
I do not feel this is drying at all.
Looks nice on my lips, not feathering into my lines.
Price is alittle high, but I like many other lipstick junkies have lot's of others to to use so this should last a long while.
grace95

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The color on this is awesome but It does make your lips a little dry and doesn't last as long as a lip stain should.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great stain. You put it on and forget about it....and it is so moisturizing....not one of the stiff drying lip colors. I just have trouble finding it to swap....since I have sooooo much makeup I am trying to limit my purchasing for a while....but this may be the hair that broke the camel's back.