The Body Shop Mattifier IT

2.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have quite oily skin and found this little number to be quite good at stopping the 'sinking into the pores' effect! A fairly good primer but I didn't find much of a 'mattifying' effect. Would also be a lot better if it had sunscreen in it - three layers is a little much first thing in the morning!

on 10/6/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin so I was skeptical about the texture of it, because it feels oily when applied. I bought it because it advertises to cover large pores. what I've noticed is that my mineral makeup goes on smoother and also I personally cannot tell any difference when I apply as to when I do not apply, however I have noticed on pictures that my skin looks very smooth. also, I put on SPF 30 after my moisturizer which can leave a oily film, and this product really helps with the shine at least for 2-3 hours. the size of the product is great because a little bit goes a long way, I will probably use it until it runs out which if I continue using daily it will probably be 3 years. So in conclusion I'll probably throw it away in a year from now rather than wait until it runs out just in case it has an expiration date.

on 10/4/2012 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was extremely excited to use this product when I bought it. The next day when I tried this on, my face got really hot and this product 'burned' my face! I thought it was only that day, but when I tried other days it happened too!

Definitely tossed this out the trash. Wasted my money.

on 9/8/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this makes my face feel so soft and smooth!!!

on 4/15/2011 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have a love/hate relationship with this one. I have oily skin, and it probably keeps my skin matte/lovely for 2-3 hours (under liquid foundation; its pretty much useless under powder foundations) and then its down hill from there, blotting sheets to the rescue! I only use this on my t-zone though -- the texture of this product feels like a oily serum, which makes me cringe since I have oily skin to begin with. It does however make it a bit easier to apply my make-up as it leaves a 'film' on top for smoothness, but that doesn't mean I'd repurchase.

on 11/14/2010 3:40:00 PM

Didn't do anything bad, but nothing good either!

~Made my skin kinda greasy and had a weird film :(
~It however did make my foundation go on smoother of that makes any sense!

Not a paticularly useful product...

on 6/16/2010 11:18:00 AM

A very nice product. Does what it says on the package. Made my shiny forehead smooth and flawlessm and the effect is long lasting

on 10/1/2009 8:29:00 AM

So i bought this after i saw one of the youtube gurus recommendations and so far this is the only primer that actually worked for me. I've tried other ones and they all made my face very oily, everytime i take pictures my t-zone always stands out...sooo not cute. With this product it did mattified my face.

on 9/3/2009 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this just to see how a primer works, and even though im a total body shop fan, this stinks. it made my skin real dry and it was almost impossible to apply foundation without looking VERY cakey. plusalot weird bumps(not acne) appeared all over my face soon after.

my suggestion for people with oily skin is to have a great cleanser to control the sebum and use loose powder on top of light foundation. no one wants to look like theyve got tons of make up on.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is the anti-mattifier. I don't know how, but my t-zone manages to get even oilier with this on! A total waste of time and money. Don't bother...

Popular Primer/ Correctors