April 17, 2014 | 1858 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Groundwork

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You tend to forget just how lovely a new jar of Paint Pot is - so creamy smooth and soft. I've got a jar of Painterly that is several years old and while it's still going strong, it's not as smooth as when it was young (well, who among us is?). So when I opened this new jar of Groundwork - a lovely soft taupey light brown - I was thrilled by its texture and the smooth, easy application. This is a great shadow for a simple, every day, workplace perfect look. Groundwork on the lid with either pencil liner (smudged) or a darker shadow smudged along my lash line and something slightly darker to define the crease and I feel polished and appropriate.

The great thing about all of the Paint Pots that I've used is that they don't crease and last all day long and work either as shadows in their own right or as terrific bases for other eye shadows. For example, Cargo Yukon or Stila Grace applied over Groundwork makes a lovely effect with very pretty sheen. And whatever shadow you apply on top will also last for a good 10 hours or more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS. I think mac's description of if is accurate, it is a soft medium brown with a taupe undertone. I got this a little over a year ago and it's still as creamy as the day I got it. I put this as a 2 for good value because you get SOO much product and you only need a little for each use. This will last you a while before you need to repurchase. $20 does seem like a little much at first but when you think about what you're getting its not so bad. I love using this on the lid with Charcoal Brown eyeshadow (MAC) in the crease for a "naked" eye. You can also tightline or waterline with some black or brown liner for a little drama. I personally don't use this as a base just because I rarely use a base. I let my eye primer do that then just apply shadow. However, I am c7 and I can tell this would be a good base for women of color. With that being said, women with a deeper complexion may find this too light to use a base. Packaging is standard Mac, classy looking glass with a black lid. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

I bought this at the MAC counter recently and I can see myself using this quite often. It can be used on its own or as an eyeshadow base. I'm a MAC NW20 and this compliments my skin tone really well, plus it looks great underneath the neutral taupe, brown and champagne eyeshadow shades I usually wear. I've been wearing it over Milani's Eyeshadow Primer and it lasts all day with zero creasing or fading away. MAC's website has this listed as a taupe but honestly, to me it seems like more of a soft brown color with just a hint of taupe. There IS a hint of shimmer to it as well, but it doesn't overwhelm the color which I really like. Overall I'd say this is a product to go for, my only issue with this is the eyeshadow does seem a bit dry but that's not as much of an issue when I apply it with my fingers or a concealer brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You know when people have slight natural darkness on the lids but it's like perfectly placed and grungy-trendy?

This gives me that! It's just a shade of two deeper than my skintone (NC20) and gorgeously taupey-brown hued. Applied with the ring finger and paired with a black tightline on the upper lashes and tons of mascara, it's the perfect effortless everyday smokey eye. Add a little taupe in the crease and black shadow along the lashline and outer corner, and you're ready for a night out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by misssweetmarie

Groundwork was a surprise love for me. I ordered online - not sure of what the outcome would be. It's a lovely basic and can be worn alone or as a base with eyeshadow over. I use a brush to apply and it goes on smoothly. Alone it's a nice subtle wash of color and provides a polish... with eyeshadow it can add dimension. I thought it would be darker than it is. On me it's just a nice added something - not overly dark at all and certainly not *too* much. I am a NW20 and can be a tad darker than that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it! When I wear this alone, for a low maintenance look, it evens out my eye skin tone with just a hit of a glow. There is no shimmer! It is not too light or dark, and it is not bronzy. Perfect for me! I figure I will get two years out of it as I did with painterly before the lovely creamy consistency dries out a bit. Nc40 girl here!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is a beautiful paint pot shade, a soft brown. It looks great as a soft subtle crease color, and unlike many MAC Paint Pots I have tried, DOES NOT crease on me : ) Pairs beautifully with Rubenesque in the inner corner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by sinthuja19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an NW45 and I like the way this conceals the darkness on my lid but also gives me a highlighted colour. I usually wear this alone. I have supper oily lids and I find that after 6 hours I notice a little bit of creasing. I still love this product and would definitely repurchase when I run out of the one I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference I'm NC40 and this is the perfect natural lid color for me. Just a quick swipe is all it takes. It blends super easily and never creases. Sometimes I find myself wondering if I put lid color on because when applied sheerly this matches the color of my own eye lids so perfectly. Evens everything out and works as a great base for other colors. I have no complaints about this at all and the packaging makes me happy. I hate the small size of the Bobbi Brown cream shadow pots - total pain to get my finger in it - but I have zero issues with MAC Paint Pots. I have several different colors but this is my mainstay, my staple, my most-reached-for. Would repurchase for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite Paint Pot for my go to no makeup look everyday shadow.

Lovely satin fish, non crease cream shadow.