December 20, 2014 | 1755 users online

Styling Products - Beyond The Zone - Super Sexy Texture & Distort Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

During the summer, I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to my hair. I would prefer to let it air dry rather that to blow dry, iron or style it. And Wave sprays have the tendency to not work for me unless it's sea salt based. Unfortunately, the sea salt type ones irritate my skin(neck) and scalp so I was pretty happy when I found this. I spray it on when my hair is still wet and gives my hair subtle beachy waves when it dries. Yes, some areas are left stiff and crunchy, but I think those are the areas where I tend to over spray the product. As for the smell, it's not the best, t's a fruity citrus sweet smell but tends worsen throughout the day.

About my Hair: Super Long, color treated, straight (slightly wavy when dried naturally), fine hair but very thick, thinned out by salon, all over layers, scalp can be easily irritated and oily after 1 day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by hollyhoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I. Love. This. Stuff! I've been using the BTZ Curl Cream for a couple years and really like it but I saw this and thought I'd give it a try, just for something different. I have very thick, wavy, med to long hair and this works great for me. I pair it with Regis conditioning/styling product and use a diffuser to dry my hair. Dry time is cut in half with this stuff which is great b/c I hate drying my hair. I end up with a great defined texture without stiffness, crunch, or clumpy chunks. However, I do have to be careful about not combing through it, it looks crappy if I do. I'll definitely continue to use and purchase this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Uglyashley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, this product works slightly better than I expected for such a cheep price. The smell is horrible though. It reminds me of a rotten fruit mixed with hair spray. YUCK. I have fine, medium length hair with tons of layers. The spray managed to make my hair appear naturally wavey but kinda stiff. It was nothing a little sprits of water and running your fingers through couldn't fix though. I gave the texture spray 4 lippies because of the stiffness and smell. It all goes away after a little playing with your hair. I would buy this product again but not use it a lot. Good for second day hair. It does dry your hair out!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I've finally learned my lesson and I'm swearing off BTZ products. I've tried the noodle head cream which everyone seems to love but me and heat spray which makes my hair look really greasy and never looks dry. Now that this didn't work out for me, I'm done with this brand even though people seem to love it. I guess it just doesn't work for me. Anyways, this product makes my hair feel really dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by feri

I love this stuff. It is moderately priced, and does what it claims - adds sexy texture. It also adds volume, which is a welcome bonus and something I wasn't expecting.I am indifferent to the smell (a strong, vaguely berry-watermelon type of scent) because it dissipates once the product dries. I haven't had any problems with stiffness or crunchiness. However, I have pretty thick hair, so my hair can handle a lot more product than most. Sometimes the spray nozzle does get clogged though. Running it under warm water seems to solve the problem, but it is kind of annoying. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this. I use Jessicurl products for curl enhancement, and have been using this over them for hold. I hate the smell; icky rotten fruitiness, but it doesn't linger at all. It is stiff, but you can scrunch that out if you choose, and it softens as the day goes on, without really losing any curl. One water soluble (I think) silicone pretty far down on the list - it doesn't seem to cause build-up for me.

It does give me nice lift at the roots, and if I shake my hair out I do get some nice volume - doesn't weigh my hair down at all.

It works well for what I want it for, and the price is excellent. I was using Herbal Essences spray gel for hold, but I prefer this. I see no reason not to repurchase, unless of course I find something I like better. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by bluemoon1961

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product works great for me. It gives my very fine, slight wavy hair nice waves and even curls and so much Volume!! It does not make my hair stiff at all. My hair stays soft and bouncy. Not sure if they changed the formula or some use too much? I only spray it lightly. You have to wait to the hair is almost dry for the waves and curls to show. Don't think you have to use more, because there isn't much of a wave when the hair is very damp. Just keep scrunching.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by michellemk

This is a great product! My hair is not naturally wavy. It waves in spots, but not a pretty all over wave. After using this product- my hair looks naturally wavy. I love it- It looks so sexy and messy. I actually like the seperation it gives the hair, kind of crispy. But if you comb out your hair- it still looks great.
I will definately repurchase! It makes getting ready for work quick and easy- no need to blowdry anymore!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this has a good, fruity fragrance and gives me the volume and texture I crave, I cannot deal too much with the stiffness this stuff gives my hair. I have to end up twirling and playing with my hair to get out the crunchiness. I want soft, touchable curls, not ramen noodles. I will continue to experiment with it for the time being to see how good it pairs with other products such as a styling cream.
Edit: This is way too sticky and leaves my curls crunchy, which is unfortunate since I like that it gives me lots and lots of body. Might have to toss this away.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2007 2:14:00 AM More reviews by kad204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really not sure about this product. I was also hoping it would be like the John Frieda sea salt spray but sadly its not! This spray made my hair extremely stiff and crunchy which is not what I was looking for.