August 31, 2014 | 1323 users online

Bronzers - Essence - Bronzer

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 5:13:00 AM More reviews by aguadora

This review is for both the regular Bronzing Compact Powder - Matt, and the Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder (which has a separate profile here on MUA, but I see people logging their reviews here for both).

I have the Sun Club in 01 Natural (for blondes), and this is a bit darker (more yellow), than my Bronzing one (shade 02 Love to Be Matt), which is a bit more peachy. I would be able to use the Shade 02 as a contour (I am NC25-30) but the Sun Club has a bit more red so I use it only as a bronzer. Bronzing has 0.35 oz/10g. Sun Club is in a huge pan, with a whopping 0.52 oz/15g.

They have different ingredients. The regular one breaks me out whereas the Sun Club one does not, which is weird, because looking at the ingredients list you'd see more potential irritants in the Sun club one. Anyway, typing them out (I'm on a mini tablet, whew!) below:

Bronzing Compact Powder ingredients: Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglycerly Polyacylapidate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sapphire Powder, Pheoxyethanol, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Sun Club bronzing powder ingredients: Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Petrolatum, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Hope that helps anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by aggieecheww

i have the essence sunclub bronzer in the colour for blondes, though im a brunette.
pros:
-nice colour and pigmentation
-alot of product
-matte colour
-doesnt break me iut
-affordable
cons
-packaging breaks apart and label scrapes off
-not sure if discontinued but i cant find it anymore

ive had this bronzer for almost a year now and i use it daily. i still have alot of product left and am considering throwing it out. not sure yet but itmight expire
overall, i love this bronzer for the price and would repurchase

i heard karissa from saturdaynightsalrite mention this bronzer and i got a little excited to hear others raving about this product (:

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Vonnity

It's a good product, fine and pigmented, easy to pick up and deposit colour but it's too orangey for my skin tone so won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Asel030

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this bronzer! For years I used Rimmel, but got sick of how the lid of their packaging never seemed to stay closed. This bronzer is a similar colour (which works well on me) and doesn't have any shimmer, which I also love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

My favourite matte bronzer. Not for proper contouring, I use a cool-toned brown eyeshadow for that, or the full dark contour beneath foundation thing--but I love this for a sunkissed healthy effect that still manages to be slightly slimming/contouring.. I got the one for blondes though I'm brunette, the blondes one looked like it would be more flattering. It is amazing for (slight) contouring for everyday. It is smooth and creamy, almost, with a very finely milled texture. It performs just as well as the Guerlain and better than my Dior bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by texasfinest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I love the packaging it is HUGE! and very cute, i got this in Brunnette ( even though I am blonde) and I must tell you it is quite intense as far as bronzers go, so it is best to be used during the summer. What is fairly odd about this bronzer is that it is scented! mine smells like coconut, which is very rare for a bronzer, did not expect but was a nice surprise. For the 4.99 price, amazing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Worst bronzer I have EVER used. I hoped for great things. It kinda has the same colour as my Rimmel bronzer in Sunlight. It has a beautiful tone and the packaging is huge and you get lots! For sure thought I had a good purchase happening. It's a total trick. I have NW 15 skin and this created a streaky orange mess. I took it off and started again. Tossed in trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by dw018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use the Essence Bronzer in the blonde shade. Its the product I use for contouring my cheeks. I find that the color is really nice for my pale skin. It's not too orange and not too dark. It's smooth and not too dry of a powder so I don't get a lot of fall out in the package. The price is pretty amazing at $3.99 from Shoppers Drug Mart. I only have one down fall to the product and thats the size of the package. I cannot carry it in my everyday makeup bag or keep it out in the open because it takes up a lot of room. I do admit that the package is very sturdy though and protects the bronzer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by LauraDB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The price is definitely right, but the colour isn't what I hoped for. I am very pale and got the bronzer for Blondes. I just find it too orange on the skin. It's a nice darkness for blondes, but I just wish the tone was a little less orange. However, if the colour is right for you it is a really great product for money. Large, inexpensive, and matte!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by nahlaelkadi

ok, i bought this product 3 times before. and each time i buy it , it breaks before even using it .. i mainly got it to use it on my body to give me this bronzed golden look .. but each time before using it it breaks .. i dont know if its the packing or the quality of the product it self is cheap .. but i actually noticed that alot of essence powder products break really easily ..

the color is really nice its a shimmery bronze color that gives a nice glow to the skin