August 20, 2014 | 2059 users online

Mascara - Kanebo - KATE Magical Long Gel Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Piximix

I was really excited about this mascara and asked a friend to pick up a couple of tubes for me when she visited Japan. So 2 tubes later (and this is how much I wanted to like this mascara!), I cannot deny how disappointed I am with this mascara. My lashes are straight and tend to point downwards without curling, this mascara cannot hold a curl at all. Yes it does wash off easily with warm water. But the most unforgivable con of this mascara is that it seemed to cause my lashes to break. Not fall out from the root, but break in the middle, thus making my short lashes even shorter. I made the discovery when I took a break after finishing the first tube with a different brand of mascara and then going on to the second tube thereafter. This being my first foray into the huge (and not necessarily cheap) market of Japanese mascara could have put me off forever, fortunately, I have had much better luck since.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2008 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Frostblade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The tube looks pretty and all but the stuff inside is not great at all.

It kinda curls if you let it semi dry and push it up with your finger or heated curler.

Washes off in the shower without special cleansers.

Only lasts 1 month before it goes bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by spaceagemouse

New for Fall 2007. I didn't notice any significant lengthening from this mascara, even though it promises to be "magical" and "long." My eyelashes are very stubborn, short, and straight, so to be honest, I wasn't expecting a lot. When I used it with a base, it worked a little better, but didn't hold a curl particularly well either. It's a nice black, the gel makes my lashes feel soft and not crunchy, and it's easy to remove, so it's not a bad buy, but don't expect any miracles.

UPDATE: Taking one lippie off. When you remove the mascara, it leaves behind all these little black flakes. It's a pain to get every little one, and I still wake up with little black "crusties" (sorry, that's gross) from the leftover mascara bits.