July 31, 2014 | 1619 users online

Eye Shadow - Kanebo - KATE Gradical Eyes S

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Fluffysealion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think that this eye shadow works really well for Asian eyes and skin tone, but I'm not so sure how good they will look on other people. As an Asian myself, I find that it is difficult to wear highly pigmented shadows on my monolid eyes, and prefer more natural eye shadow colours. This makes Kanebo Kate's Gradical Eyes palette perfect for me. The brown shades look natural on my eyelid, yet give my eyes some definition. I don't use the white primer (the cream section) as it is too white, and I'd prefer to use a nude primer instead.

I would definitely purchase this palette again as it was cheap and is travel friendly, though there are some cons to the product which I will list below.
- As I said above, the white creamy primer is not fantastic. I feel like it's too white. Other people might like it but I don't. I also find that it is quite thick, and I have to drag it across my eyelid a little too hard for my liking in order to spread the product.
- There is too much shimmer. Once again, other people might like it, but I prefer less shimmer. It's so shimmery that when I took photos in a photo booth, there were white spots around my eyes.
- The shadow doesn't last all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by fdl56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have BR-1, which is a neutral shade of brown. Like other reviewers have mentioned, the pigmentation is kind of average. I feel like it doesn't show up well on me. Too bad :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have the gradical eyes- A in GD-1. The deepest color is a chocolate brown with gold sparkles in it, the medium color is a unique shade of camel-tan with gold shimmers, the second medium is a light shimmery yellow, and finally the highlight is a shimmery white. Then of course theres the cream eye base, but I don't really use it.

As far as pigmentation goes, its not the best pigmentation. The colors do show up but not vibrantly. This actually works out for me because I find really pigmented eyeshadows simply end up looking garish on me. These give just the right amount of pigment so that your eyeshadow looks very natural without overdoing it. I really love this as an every day look. Packaging is nice for drugstore, at least a lot nicer than US drugstore packaging.

All in all, its not the best eyeshadow you could buy, but it's pretty nice so I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 6:11:00 AM More reviews by huongtbb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Kate's eye shadow!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by millymill

I actually got Gradical Eyes A (whats the difference between A, S and N?) in BR-1 and its a gorgeous gorgeous colour! besides the cream eye base, there is a highlight which is a kinda shimmery cream colour, a golden-ish colour, a caramel colour, and a milk coffee colour. It is a more yellow based palette, unlike i think BR-2 where the darker medium colour is more a reddish tone brown.The colour does not turn up exactly like how it seems in the pan though so be sure to test it out first though!

The Good
Beautiful colour, really really flattering palette. I cant help but gush over the colour! haha. Its neutral and does not go over the top with its shimmer. The eye base does actually help so remember to put it on. It blends nicely and is great for a smokey eye because it feathers out nicely (without all those expensive brushes). Plus this has got to have the best free applicator (that comes with the palette) of all drugstore brands. Colour pay-off is not too bad, dont expect very good pigmentation because this is meant to be a rather neutral palette after all. It is not all that sheer, but not very pigmented. Somewhat average, but still beautiful enough to be seen:)

The Bad
Leaves some residual shimmer after cleaning it off so must be cleaned off twice. The caramel colour (darker medium shade) does not show up so well on my eyelids, but thats probably because i have horrible dark circles and lids. Packaging feels cheap, but sturdy enough for me to feel confident it wont pop open. A little on the pricey side for a drugstore brand but hey, you get a quad AND a base.

All in all, steer clear if you hate shimmers. I personally love this palette and the colours in it, because it creates so many possibilities you can play with, and all the colours are really pretty. Plus they actually give you a little card at the back with instructions on how to use it, which you can use as a starting point. But be sure to test out the colours though. The golden-ish colour looks light brown in the pan actually. A really pretty neutral palette, with just enough shimmer to look glamourous, but not so much to look overdone for a daytime look:)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by funkyfuchsia

I got mine in BR-4, which is a pinkish brown gradient (uploaded in the picture). The colors are beautiful in the palette, but they do not seem to have a good payoff. Also, I have a problem with e/s products that are very "dusty" or "powdery."

However, I did like that they included the cream pearl shadow, it helps with the vibrancy of the color and adds some sparkles. Overall, they are pretty good for drugstore brands, but I'm not sure if I would purchase them again as they aren't exactly wow, and there are tons more products out there to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by starrystarzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are my favourite lines from kate eyeshadows. They are finely milled and lasting power is super good! I love the small glitter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by haneulhouseki

So far, KATE is my favorite Kanebo sub-line. I plan on trying Coffret d'or next. Anyways, I loved my other KATE eyeshadows so I thought I would love this too but I bought the wrong color. I got BR-3 which includes a bronze gold color that I hate. I gave it 4 stars because the eyeshadow pigmentation and staying power are awesome and the cream is to *die* for but I really despise that third color next to the dark brown..but the other colors are great! The applicator it came with is a dual-ended sponge and brush applicator that works really well too. This just was the wrong color for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

I adore this product, I've been trying to find the perfect eyeshadow for my brown eyes, yet I am asian which means there are a lot of color that I cannot use or I'd look like a hooker. This product only cost around 15 bucks and it's totally worth the money. I got the br-1 color (bronze and all that stuff) which I can wear to work. It comes in with bright yet not overwhelming white for define eyebrow bones, the slightly caramel color for the whole eye socket, the darker cappacino color for eyelid and the dark brown color for creases. Plus a glimmering lip gloss. It is all packed in a tiny box with a 2-side brushead. Yet it's enough for the daily work, the color is not overdone, which means even you've done a wrong stroke, you can cover it up, it's easy to use as the instruction on the box is pretty self-explainatory...The glitter is really fine and not annoying at all, the color is very good for everyone.
I just bought another bk-1 and still waits for its shipment, but I think I will just like it as well.
I think Kate-Lunasol has outdone Shiseido and most other Jp products I've tried. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Lk21

I have these in BR-1 and GD-1. Both are great quality and not too intense when it comes to application (i like my eye shadows that way!!). The BR-1 is a great everyday pallette. Wheres the GD-1 is a little more gorgeous, which I like to use for night when going out. You can easily wear all these sets for daytime, and then use the darkest shade (on the left) on the crease to amp the look up for nighttime.

They aren't that expensive; I got each for $15CND online, and am planning to getting more in the future :)