Alba Botanica Terra Gloss in Dawn

4.3

Not tested on animals

on 6/9/2008 5:40:00 PM

this is my favorite lip balm. the slight tingling feels really good, this stuff is not sticky yet stays put on your lips. The color is what really does it for me. I love this light sparkly and frosty color..if you like MAC Oystergirl lipglass, this is really similar in tint. I found it on sale at Shaw's supermarket and want to go back to get some more!! It's hard for me to find colors like this and I want to get more before they sell out!!

on 5/19/2008 6:15:00 PM

I've never seen Terra Gloss before today when I was at a local health food store. There were about a dozen tubes of this color and, until I read the MUA reviews, I figured this was the only gloss Alba made. Dawn is a very light, lavender pink with white shimmer, way out of my comfort zone, as any gloss with even a hint of blue looks horrid on my NC25 skin. This really was an impulse buy - I liked the packaging and the color is pretty in the tube, although I was reasonably sure it wouldn't work with my skintone. When I got home, I lined my lips with MAC Beurre and applied the gloss, which went on shimmery white! The surprise was that it blended in to an ethereal, pale, neutral lavender. This gloss looks and feels great and I am so happy I have a wearable cool-neutral gloss in my stash. I can't wait to purchase more Terra Glosses :)

on 8/9/2007 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Alba Botanica's lip balms, so when I saw this Terra Gloss at CVS, I thought this would be just as good for my lips. Unfortunately, their gloss is not as good as their balms. Dawn is a soft, sparkly, pinky-nude, color with a tolerable, light vanilla fragrance. Very light pink, almost white- yet opaque- in the tube. On the lips, it initially applies frosty, light pink (almost white); but after you rub your lips together to work the product in, it sheers out to a pretty, frosty pink. It is not too thick of a gloss, so your natural lip color does show thru. I don't really like the consistency of this gloss, though. It is very gritty when you rub your lips together, and I am not that crazy about the overall look of this after it sets on my lips. It settles into the cracks of your lips- it just has the look of a "cheap" gloss. I also found it a little drying after it wore off. I would not repurchase this, I will stick with my more expensive glosses that look better on my lips and moisturize and soften them.

Recommended for Medium Skin