February 27, 2015 | 1838 users online

Skincare - Body - Hawaiian Tropic - Dark Tanning Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 3:41:00 AM More reviews by mimislamb

The best tanning oil to take to the pool or beach. And it smells wonderful!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by kaaayxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff does nothing for me. It's super thick and greasy, I like more of a spray that goes on thin. It doesn't give me a tan, it's almost as it acts as a barrier that prevented a tan.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by missnancynancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this tanning oil, and the only complaint I have is that it is very greasy. Everything sticks to me after I apply it. Other than that, it does it's job, smells amazing and I really enjoy using it. I have trouble tanning in the summer and this oil makes all the difference. Especially with my legs, that barely change colour no matter how much sun they get. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Nikovaa

Straight to the point, it works.

Smells pretty good, although its really messy and if you're at the beach expect to be covered in sand (not all over just sand here and there). I wish it was a spray bottle or maybe a roll on, but that's not a huge thing to complain about.

Put it wherever you want a tan and the sun doesn't even have to be out, just lay out for a few minutes and you will see a difference.

DON'T DO WHAT I DID!!! I vacationed in Cancun a few months ago. I was extremely pale to be a latina. So I wanted some color in me. Cancun was always sunny so it was the perfect place. First day on the beach I put this all over (didn't even drench myself, just a mild coverage) but this was all I put. I did not put sunscreen or any SPF underneath or over. I also fell asleep on the beach...horrible HORRIBLE idea. Anyway I got a great tan :) lol. After being out there for 2-3 hours I got about 4 shades darker. and this time my tan actually stayed! usually it fades with time but I have a nice golden tone :) im pretty happy.

If you want a fast tan, use this. BUT PLEASE USE SPF UNDER. Even if it's a low SPF like 30. You will still get tan. Trust me you do not want to look like a shrimp, and a HORRIBLE sunburn to the point where you don't even want to wear clothes.

Good story to tell though, and now I know to always put SPF

(Exact same thing happened to my sister a month later...you can tell we're related)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by janeeugenia

Little thick but very nice smell and helps create nice dark tan while protecting skins and not letting it dry out under the sun

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Jennbabbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. whenever im ready for a tan session i will literally bath myself in this. it smells sooooo good and doesnt irritate any part of my body. i could literally use half a bottle in one session, you obviously dont need that much but its just soo great and very affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by BeautyHaunt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I will buy this product over and over and over again based soley on it's beautiful, tropical, coconut scent. I would never use this to tan. As a body moisturizer, it works fairly well on my sensitive, KP-prone skin. The ingredient list is surprisingly short. This can also be mixed with brown sugar and olive oil to create a delicious, coconut-scented body scrub. Mostly, I use this to smell good, as well as to relax, since this is one of my favorite scents in the world.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by missx6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't used this for tanning, just as a moisturizer. It smells wonderful and does make my skin very soft. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

This is a horrible product for tanning! It's almost all mineral oil! Mineral oil combined with tanning can actually STRIP the colour off your skin! When I tan, I usually get a deep pretty golden colour really fast. I used this last summer, and at the end of summer I was still SO PALE! Also: it was the first time in my life that I actually got a sunburn!!! I couldn't understand what was going on, and decided to investigate. This is what I found:
No wonder I got almost no colour! It's quite easy to find information about this; just search "mineral oil tanning". Seriously people - don't give me a thumbs down without researching this...! Are you really not concerned about this? When something makes you burn in the sun, it makes the risk of cancer much higher!
The smell of this is coconut. It's quite strong, but not bad really. If you want to use this as a moisturizer, it's maybe OK, if you don't think the oiliness of this is a problem. In my opinion, to get more tan, it's better to find a lotion that absorbs and makes your skin produce more melanin, instead of something that sits on top and reflects the sunlight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this for tanning, just as a body moisturizer. Works great to seal in moisture after a shower and gives a nice sheen, especially on the legs. I love the scent (slight coconut/tropical) - and I usually don't even like coconut smells as I find them too strong or fake. Just bought another bottle!