October 25, 2014 | 1740 users online

Eye Primer - Red Earth Cosmetics - Eye Perfection Primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I went on search for an eye primer & this was the only eye primer in stock, plus it was cheap so I decided to try it.

The packaging is nice - it's a small shiny mirrored compact with a mirror inside.

It does a good job - the colour is light & neutral so eyeshadow shows a very nice true colour.

One thing I don't like is having to wipe my fingers around the compact to pick up product. I suppose in hindsight I could have used a brush but I don't have one, and I think my fingers have much more control.

I won't be repurchasing for a couple of reasons 1) it looks like this line is being discontinued 2) I bought 2 as it was so cheap 3) I've discovered there are better eye primers out there.

All in all it's a good product but it does a job that a lot of others do just as well, or even better.

My next eye primer purchase will be primer in a tube so I can squeeze out what I'm going to use at that time. Much more hygenic.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by clothingcult

INGREDIENTS:

isohexadecane, ethylhexyl isononanoate, dimethicone, talc, cera microcristallina (microcrystaline wax), squalane, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, boron nitride, cetyl ethylhexanoate, silica, polyglyceryl-2 tetraisostearate, polyethylene, polybutene, zinc oxide, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, tocopheral, may contain: ci#77492, ci#77491 (iron oxide), ci#77007 (ultra marines)

I THOUGHT that Red Earth was mostly natural products but apparently this one is anything but.

That aside, if you are looking for a good primer, this does what it's intended to do. It is a light shade so unless you are very pale (practically porcelain) you'll only want to apply this to the area of the eye that you intend to apply eyeshadow. You will get very true color from your eyeshadow with this. It is incredibly silky feeling (wonderful feeling actually) and glides on pretty easily. No creasing so far but I haven't had it but a day (I wanted to get the ingredients list online ... ingredients for this company are impossible to find!) The packaging is really nice, has a mirror inside the lid and it's almost elegant.

Will I buy it again? Probably not now that I know what the ingredient list looks like (I'm trying to use more natural makeups and skin items.)

Will I keep this one? Probably ... at least until I find something more natural ... I won't be using it daily - just for special occasions or times when I really want my eyeshadow to be perfect and true to the color it is in the package.

This is the new name for the eye makeup base so additional reviews can be found here: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=28742/Eye_Make_Up_Base/Red_Earth_Cosmetics/Primer/_Corrector continued >>