April 16, 2014 | 1925 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Stark77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Ahh.. I was expecting to love this, as I did HP. It's a little too masculine for me. It smells like manly detergent on my skin, sadly.. I guess the notes just don't mix with my chemistry. I'm sure the sweeter, reformulated version would smell pretty good on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by fiouu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HOLY BABY JESUS. This smells DELIGHTFUL. I'm just so sad I wasn't able to purchase this, since they only had the 100 ml bottle, and I have way too many perfumes to buy that large version, I mostly stick to 30 ml bottles since I don't want my perfumes to get spoilt (that goes for dior addict 2, one of my faves that went to waste only like three years since I bought it because it was 100 ml, never got to the half of it and it just smelled old whenever I sprayed it). Anyways, sorry for the rant, this smells SO good, except for the opening which smells way too masculine, once it dries down, it smells very very creamy and spicy and floral, quite berry-ish and.woody, so delish.
This is one Poison flanker that actually smells like the Original one, before the reformulations. My grandma used to wear it when I was veeery little, but since it was my grandma's scent I'll always remember it clearly. Don't get me wrong, she now wears hypnotic poison lol c: the point is that if you take a reaaaly deep smell and hold your breath you'll see how midnight develops into the wholesome Poison we all know to love, yet more woody. Definitely not love at first smell unless you let it develop on your skin.
Instead I got Tresor in love since it's still summer here in arg. And there's plenty of time to get it before fall strikes c:
The 30 ml bottle retails around $50 dlls here. Talk about BAR GAIN

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by LadyTigerLily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my signature night scent. The Oriental notes of patchouli, musk, and orange work so well together on my skin. I apply some right at the base of my hairline at the back of my neck and on my wrists. It's a deep, dark, mysterious scent that lasts and last. I barely use any and the way it develops is just beautiful. It's classy, and when used moderately, not too overpowering. This scent is very unisex and can be super heavy if you put too much on. My boyfriend and my other friends really love it because it's so unique and not too sweet and floral or girly. It's definitely not a scent for everyone, and is extremely dark, even for the Poison line. It's also very hard to find in stores, I've noticed, so whenever I find one, I stock up and buy one. The packaging is beautiful, as with all the Poison bottles, and since blue/green is my favourite colour, it looks so nice on my nightstand. I have never paid more than $65 for a bottle, but I think I've been lucky. Your best bet if you're unsure is to see if a friend has any and try it out there first, since the scent lingers a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by LBC23

I'm not good at describing fragrances but I love this. It appeals to the goth in me. It's very dark and sexy. Love wearing it on date night or out to a concert. It's a strong scent but not too overpowering or heavy. I can even wear it in the day if I'm in the mood, especially in winter.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a free small bottle of the LOTION in Midnight Poison. Not my bag, baby - far too "oriental" and musky for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Lilosette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dior's Midnight Poison is the Serpent Imprisoned in a
Blighted Kingdom of Perpetual Darkness. The Note of
Dark rose Conjour an image of Black Roses decaying on
Jagged and rusted from age Vines upon a Sunless shady Garden wall where no sun ever Penetrates,
As we enter the middle of Midnight Cold Saturnine Patchouli comes steeping to our senses Conjours Cold marbled Angels
weeping upon tombstones crying tears of blood at a Cematary Vanilla Supports the bottom of midnight
Makes the Drydown sweet,I dectect an Obscure spaseness
of Incense brings a sense of Esoteric Veritas.

Midnight Poison Is the Sonambulist Who is Comdemed to Sleep for Eternity in her dark Crypt.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful winter evening fragrance that isn't too heavy in that headache inducing way, it's got the perfect balance. Even though I would say this is a cold weather fragrance this does have a warmness from the rose notes. It isn't by any means a classic or very expensive smelling perfume though, which is why I'm sad to hear that it is possibly going to be discontinued, as I wouldn't want to pay a huge amount for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by randd1

Just read the devastating news that this is being discontinued! Why?!! This is one of the few "heavy" perfumes that I have had a sucessful relationship with. I read somewhere that it had an underlying smell of eucalyptus, in all honesty I jsut loved this perfume more when I found this out. It really does and it works so well. This perfume has staying power, so use sparingly! It's amazing for a night time event, I like that I can smell it on myself even a few hours after wearing (I know you're not meant to if the perfume is right for you). It's memorable and totally unique.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Totally in love. Classic perfume with classic notes like rose, patchouli, amber, vanilla, bergamot, mandarin orange. This is what a sexy vampire would wear. Evenings are getting darker, climate is getting cooler, sexy heels, blood red lips and Midnight Poison. Walk to a mystic, sacred forest at midnight when the moon is full - it must smell like this perfume.
A real perfume that grows and changes. And great longevity.
I think this 30 ml EDP is discontinued, but 50 ml and 100 ml are still on the international websites.
For classy ladies who like classic orientals.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by nahyt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

this is THE femme fatale/ dominatrix fragrance. this is all dark, mysterious,brooding,passionate,bold,sensual,sexual kind of woman. this should ONLY be worn at night imo. in cold/cool weather. when i smell this i think of icy blondes..or super dark haired beauties. this is what a female vampire would wear, unless shes a girly,snobbish, delicate vamp.. this is elegant goth in a bottle. i wish the bottle had more of an obvious blue hue to it..you have to twirl it around some and put it near a light to see that wonderful deep blue with slight deep teal tinge( i think thats the color of the perfume). this is what saturn/plutonian personalities would wear. Mp smells cold to me. similar to the coolness you get from vicks vapo rub (others mentioned it smells like vicks but i dont get that). i also detect a dark red damp rose..the cool spice of patchouli, and a dash of mandarin orange. its a hauntingly beautiful scent. and I'm really pissed this is being discontinued! girly girls will be offended buy this perfume for sure, and i LOVE THAT lol

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No