October 30, 2014 | 1468 users online

Other - Listerine Whitening Mouth Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never really used mouthwash before. So I bought this on the off chance, just on a whim. And I really like it!. It's not 'stingy' in your mouth and is leave a white film of 'whitening' peroxide on your teeth and then washes off. I also used this in my waterpik I put maybe 1 part Listerine to 4 parts water and it's just great. I will definitely be repurchasing this over and over.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I've just finished my first bottle of this product, averaging 2 uses daily and following the directions (depending on the day-sometimes 1, sometimes 3 uses). I do see a slight difference. I use a wide range of whitening products fairly regularly from gels, pens, toothpastes, strips, trays, and rinses. I almost always include one of these in my regular ADL routine. This is because of my addiction to both cola and coffee. I figure regular use of whitening products can't hurt. I have not developed sensitivity or enamel damage (from what I can tell).

This particular product is pretty good considering it works pretty well (from what I can tell) and the cost is low. My teeth are obscenely white to begin with, so it's hard to tell which products are working since I use so many.

If you're sensitive to traditional mouth rinses, this is a great alternative because it doesn't have the harsh alcohol burning sensation; and at the same time you're whitening your teeth! This is worth purchasing for that reason alone. The taste is minty, but not harsh to where your eyes tear up. Because the directions suggest to use this BEFORE brushing, I did find I woke up with bad breath a lot. (Usually, I use traditional mouth rinse after brushing.)

Overall, I'll probably buy again simply because it's by far the most convenient way to maintain a white smile, especially when combined with a whitening toothpaste...much better than 30 minutes with $50 strips in your mouth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, so I've been using this product for approximatly two weeks and I DO see a difference. I've always had a yellow "tint" to my teeth. When all the whitening products hit the market, I was skeptical and kind of avoided them, especially after hearing they caused sensitivty.

Well, I finally tried a whitening toothpaste and it helped, a little. Then someone on the boards mentioned this product and I thought I'd try it out to see if made a difference. I rinse with this BEFORE brushing and then brush without rinsing it out. I rinse after I get done brushing my teeth. I definitely see whiter teeth, not pure sparkling white, but a lightening of the yellow tone. At first it's a little intense and you have to build up a tolerance to the taste of it, but after about a week you can go the full minute of "swishing", you just have to build up to it. I only use this once a day, but the bottle states you should use it twice a day.

I drink alot of water, but I do love my Iced Tea and Hot tea and the occasional diet soda, so I do get a a little staining. The only thing this does not eliminate is the greyish strip that runs through the center of my teeth. If you have something similar, think back to when you were a child, if you ever took antibiotics while your teeth were developing. That's what happened to me. The dentist told me that if you take them while the teeth are developing the grey line occurs and except for caps it's pretty much permanent.

So, I whiten what I can and just live with it. This product is reasonably priced and does the job. Also, doesn't hurt that it freshens your breath too. Please read the back of the bottle as it does say it needs 6 weeks for "full whitening to occur."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i've been using this for about a week, once a day (as opposed to the twice-a-day rec on the bottle), and already see results.

the taste isnt amazing, but its not as bad as other mouthwashes i've tried in the past either. and this one doesn't make my mouth feel like it's on fire so much as others have. as you swish this around it will foam up, so you have to use a little bit less of this than you woudl other rinses, just so you'll have room in your mouth to continue swishing.

i don't smoke or drink coffee or tea, but my teeth had gotten yellowish in the creases in between teeth. switching to an electric tooth brush for sure helped, and i've been VERY happy with Rembrant's whitening toothpaste in the red tube, but i figured a whitening rinse might help. i did NOT like the pre-brushing whitening rinse. it tasted horrible! so i figured i'd try this instead, to be used AFTER brushing. in theory, i guess one could use all 3.

only drawback is that after i spit this out i have to spit a few more times to get all of the foam out of my mouth. but i DO lik ethat it foams up-- makes me feel like its really getting in between my teeth!

i'll for sure re-buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by jenners

WOWOW oh my goodness! This product REALLY whitens your teeth!...like a noticeable difference in about 2 days? I didn't even think that was possible. So I have had braces on for a little over a year now (yes in my early 20s - how sad..) Anyway, I noticed my teeth have gradually become an unsightly yellow shade since and decided it was time to do something about it.

This product WORKS. I've only used this four times now (once in the morning and once at night - 60 second 15mL gargle). I noticed it is different than other mouthwashes in that it gets really foamy. My teeth are noticeably whiter - and I am definitely not imagining things. I wasn't expecting such quick and dramatic results - talk about instant gratification! I'm honestly a little amazed at how well this product works.

I am extremely pleased with this product and will definitely repurchase. Although I will say once I get my teeth to the shade they were pre-braces, I will take it easy on the mouthwash as I do not want to whiten my teeth to a shade they were before braces! After my braces come off, I will definitely keep using this mouthwash to get an even more super white smile :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Jasmine19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff really whitens your teeth. The only negative is it made my teeth too sensitive :(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by karinb1219

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My husband and I both use this, and he had fantastic results. I, however, didn't have such good luck. The peroxide in this turned my tongue brown and made all food/drink taste like metal. A quick Google search turned up the information that peroxide can kill off the 'good' bacteria in some people's mouths and cause these symptoms. I was fairly disappointed because the product was easy to use and very price friendly. I'll stick with GoSmile.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by edse

you guys should try this, before washing your teeth with tooth paste put some of the pmouthwash in your mouth and brush your teeth (no toothpaste)... I think this achieves maximum whitening...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 6:18:00 AM More reviews by mikkajd87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really great whitening mouthwash. Immediate results for me. It stands out from the others and it's got a very reassuring taste. My teeth were really clean after using this, my breath is better and I couldn't stop giving big toothy grins in each reflective surface. I also like the packaging as it's very shiny and eyecatching. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Yowza! This review is for what I think is the reformulated version of this -- the whitening *restoring* rinse. I have some acid wear and, for no real reason, wanted to get away from abrasive whitening toothpastes so I decided to try this since it basically relies on hydrogen peroxide to whiten, with added fluoride for cavity prevention. My teeth are naturally pretty white, and in conjunction with borderline obsessive oral hygiene, have minimal staining -- mostly from coffee and tea. I swear -- though I know there are people who will refute it -- that my teeth were noticeably brighter by day 2. Not, like, total transformation white, but what little staining I had definitely seemed lesser. Rinsing with this is far easier than with regular Listerine, as there is very minimal mouth-afire feeling, and my mouth feels nice and squeaky clean after using it. Because of the added fluoride, it is recommended not to eat or drink for 30 minutes after rinsing, which is either a non-issue or a serious annoyance, depending on my schedule any given day, but that's the only downside. I'll definitely repurchase.