Alba Botanica Terra Gloss - Bloom

4.3

Not tested on animals

on 7/20/2011 8:56:00 PM

I bought this mainly because it has natural SPF in it - no chemicals! It has a pretty hint of color, and not shiny. It is very softening and moisturizing, and has a fresh minty taste which I love. Definitely worth $4.

Great lip balm - quality, color and price. Can't be beat. Have tried several other brands from Clinique to Neutrogena but this is the BEST. Definitely buying again!

on 3/18/2011 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is just a great gloss! It is more moisturizing than most lip glosses. It has a pleasant scent/taste and is nicely shiny and not disco ball shiny. The staying power is that of most glosses. And, the price is very nice! But, what I really like about this particular color, Bloom, is that it enhances my natural lip color. My lips are pigmented, so a lot of pink lip products either don't show up or appear too light (and ghastly). This color is the color of my lips only better--richer. Will repurchse.

on 12/30/2009 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really nice color. The texture is typical sort of thick, sticky gloss texture, taste/ flavor is a nice vanilla. The color is the good part though (and the fact that it is a natural product). It is a lighter brown-rose pink. Note that it is not a ghastly taupe color or silver/icy pink - both of which look horrid on me. This is a nice warm nude/pink color. It has a really nice color quality/ and shimmer quality similar to more expensive brands of gloss (the gloss is not very pigmented, but no less than most glosses - because its a gloss after all) - looking forward to trying this color in the Alba terra tint, which comes in a tube and seems more like a lipstick.

on 11/11/2009 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love it! I've been using Lancome lip gloss for years, but this is just as good and a lot cheaper, so it's my new HG lip gloss. I like Bloom and Garnet. It has just the right texture -- not slimy or sticky but just right -- and it lasts a pretty long time. I usually use it on top of a lipstick to add moisture.

on 6/29/2009 3:02:00 PM

I bought this gloss on a whim since I am normally just a lip balm kind of girl. I really like the scent -- a subtle vanilla although to me it is more of a subtle coconut/shea butter scent. I already have quite pink lips so I have to only apply a small amount in order for it to appear flattering. I like that it has a thick consistency (although slightly gritty because of the shimmer) which lasts a bit while and it is a nice pink shade ideal for summer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pretty color that lasts for a minimal amount of time. Does not enhance the texture of my lips. Natural product with a clean minty scent.

on 2/17/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like that this is doesn't contain a lot of nasty chemicals, but other than that, I don't care for it too much.

If you want a juicy glossy lips, this won't work. The glossiness doesn't last, but the sheen (like freshly applied lipblam) and color lasts for a couple hours. After it wears off, my lips feel dry - not peely and chapped, but the skin feels a bit hard and makes my lips look really wrinkly.

The color is almost MLBB for me, but just too bright for my taste. I'd prefer something more nude or a softer/lighter pink. There's very fine shimmer, but it's barely noticable on the lips and just adds to the sheen.

I also don't like the smell, and I think the smell lasts longer than the glossiness.

I'd repurchase if they came out w/ other colors, since I'm currently into "natural" products, but if you don't care abt that, then I wouldn't recommend this - those chemically lipglosses would definitely perform better and offer tons more color options.

*UPDATE* I've learned to apply less and this is actually growing on me. If I apply a light coat, it adds just a bit of pink to my lips and the color lasts a long time, so I just top w/ clear gloss or lip balm during the day. I still don't like the smell and I still wish it came in a lighter pink, but I'll up the rating to 4.

*UPDATE #2* I LOVE THIS NOW (except the smell) and will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff :) Recently, I've decided to start switching to more natural products as I run out of my old ones and lip products have been one of my most recent turnovers. The texture of this gloss reminds me A LOT of covergirl's wetslicks, which I loved, only the ingredients in this are so much better to be putting on my lips. As long as you like sheer glosses, a vanilla scent, and a pretty neutral rose color... I would highly recommend this gloss to you. I plan to buy it again, and try other shades.

Edit: This made my throat sore and it dries my lips out :( I still love the scent and pretty shade of rose though.

on 7/31/2008 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this gloss! I re-discovered this while cleaning out my lip drawer, it had been hiding, but no more! I would call the color a light rose, and the shimmery look in the tube imparts just the right amount of shine. It's pigmented in the tube and goes on a misleading bright pink, but the mooshing it around turns it a lovely sheer, just right for a daytime look. I got it for about 4 bucks at the grocery (Washington State, USA - I know it's more other places), which is a fine price for something that's such a gorgeous color and lasts a good long time. I'll definitely be repurchasing.

Recommended for Medium Skin