July 28, 2014 | 1946 users online

Eye Shadow - Kanebo - Lavshuca Grade Color Select - eyeshadow quad new for fall 2007

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by visee

I have this in the BE-1 quad, which is shown in the pictures in the review below. It's one of my favourite neutral eyeshadow palettes and I use it quite regularly. The only shade I don't use much is the lightest beige (with the heart emboss), as it's a tad glittery. But the rest of the shades are really flattering and last all day.

The palette is really cute and tiny, great for travel or bringing out in your makeup purse. Plus Lavshuca products are really reasonably priced for the quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 9:05:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***Click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic***

Kanebo's drugstore brand Lavshuca is getting better and better. I really loved their Spring 2007 collection, especially their Eye Color Select quads and now Kanebo released their newest quads, called Grade Color Select for autumn 2007.

Lavshuca always have the cutest packaging and their new quads are no exception (please see pic). There's even a little heart embossed in the highlighter shadow!

The texture is fantastic, silkier and smoother than their previous quads (but I still love Eye Color Select, they're great nonetheless) and with great pigment. I think that the shadows blend effortlessly, too.

Grade Color Select quads have fine pearly shimmer, they're not as glittery as the other quads. For work or someone who prefers a subtler shimmer these are perfect.

These quads retail for 1680 Yen/each and are only available in Japan (and I think Taiwan and Hong Kong, too?)

I don't have any problems with creasing, fading or irritation when wearing Grade Color Select.

There are currently 4 palettes available, most of them in varying shades/degrees of the same color (the purple one is a bit more special). There's a brown, a pink, a blue and the following 3:

GN-1: Finally Lavshuca released green shadows! It took them quite long for that! This palette has a dark smokey forest green, a medium olive, a light yellowish green and an ivory-white highlighter.

PU-1: I think this palette is really special. I don't have one like it! Has a very well pigmented very dark cool purple shade, a medium pinkish heather shade, a shade similar to it, but a bit lighter and a touch cooler (reminds me of Mac Trax!) and a beigey white highlighter.

BE-1: This is a neutral palette of cream, beige, medium brown and darker milk chocolate.

GY-1: Has various shades of gray and silver.

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes.

PU-1 and GN-1