Wet 'n' Wild Sevilla Sangria (551 C)

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great color. For 99 cents, I found it much prettier and lasting longer than I thought it would. I have several of their other colors too.

on 12/29/2008 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this shade of red! I decided to spend only 99 on a lipstick from Wet n Wild because I don't often wear red lipstick. I definitely got my money's worth! I had tried a different red shade from Wet n Wild before, called Cherry Blossom, which was way too pink. however, Sevilla Sangria is perfect on my fair skin. I'm not sure what it is about the quality of the red, but it just looks so good!

on 9/13/2008 7:37:00 PM

Sevilla Sangria (551C) is a really great red with strong pink undertones. On my lips, it goes on more like a MLBB-pinkish tone. I thought it would appear a lot more sheer and darker, but I find I quite like this color. I have naturally very pigmented lips that are usually a berry-red color, but sometimes when I'm especially dehydrated (or because of the weather), they get this nasty mauve-gray-purple tone to them that doesn't look attractive on anyone. I have a whole array of lipsticks, but I went to the store today looking for a "makeup bag" essential that I could carry around with me at all times just to brighten up my look and freshen up my dead-looking lips for days like those. The pinks are too overtly pink and vampy colors are ... well, they don't brighten. So I found this for less than a dollar at Walmart and figured, eh, why not? The color is bright and cheerful. Very pigmented and not at all sheer, so apply it lightly. Perfect for just brightening up my lips a bit so I don't look like death...!!

This is part of the Silk Finish lipstick line. I'm fair, warm and freckled and was looking for a warm red lipstick and found exactly that in Sevilla Sangria. It's moist, lasts a fairly long time and most importantly, suits my skin tone. I have tried other reds and they were ok but always seemed to look a little too dramatic on me (kind of like I'd been borrowing mommy's makeup). I figured out that the problem isn't that I can't wear reds, it's that I'd been wearing too neutral/cool/true red shades. I could wear this color every day. While my camera is kind of crappy and fails to capture the shade on either myself or in the tube, here's a good simulation of the way the shade looks on me:

Recommended for Medium Skin