Artistry BRIGHT IDEA™ Illuminating Essence

3.0

on 11/11/2011 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

No difference in my complexion & the texture is much too slippery.

on 5/25/2009 9:35:00 PM

I like the serum. It really makes my face brighten, and clears up my skin. I didn't notice much change, but my friends ask me if I wear makeup when I don't, so that's how I figured that it works. But overall, personally, the only thing I noticed was the brightening of the face. The smell is fantastic. My mom got this as a gift, and my mom gave it to me to use, so I didn't notice the price till now. I put this on, and follow it with paula's choice antioxidant concentrate before bed. I like it but it is WAY over priced - if it was around $30, I would buy it again. I think I am going to try moer of paula's products and other brightening serums first before I resort to this one.

on 8/5/2007 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product from my dear friend (who's an Amway IBO), hoping it would help lighten my acne scars and traces of small freckles along my cheeks (from sun exposure). In the brochure this product is described as "Milky essence that provides enhanced clarity and brightness to the complexion to improve uneven skin tone cause by sun damage." It is a clear, unscented serum, that comes in a 1oz. pump bottle. Ingredients include asparagus extracts, acerola cherry, bearberry, lemon and cucumber extracts, and bitter orange peel.

I've been using this daily, 1-2 times a day, for about 5 weeks now, and have noticed that the traces of freckles along my cheeks have faded significantly. They are still there (every night when I scrutinize my face in front of my bathroom mirror), but are definitely less noticeable. As for my acne scars, I'm afraid this product really didn't make a difference.

Nonetheless, I am very happy with this product. The serum is light, and absorbs into/ spreads well on my skin. There is a slight stinging sensation during application, which soon subsides. This product contains no HQ (I think that's why it doesn't work on my acne scars). One bottle lasts about 6 weeks, and in the brochure it claims you'll see a dramatic difference in 12 weeks. I have high hopes for this, as I've already seen a difference in my sun freckles. The price is somewhat steep (aprox. $60), but that's usually what you pay for most skin brightening/lightening products. Will definitely repurchase again and again (and I don't have to worry about repetitive long term use because it doesn't contain HQ).

Popular Treatments (Face)