November 24, 2014 | 2006 users online

Sunscreen - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Sunscreen with Hemp Seed Oil Chemical Free

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by zarra

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think they have changed the formula because this does not smell like a urinal cake. It smells nice, soft like a baby lotion or like one poster said playdough. No burn and no white film. The lotion does not contain zinc, just titanium dioxide. And it is a beige cream, not white. I like it when I want a little more protection.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by laura1976

I bought this because i had been out in the sun and this was the only natural brand carried at my walmart. First it was white and chalky and felt disgusting.Hate it. I do love the scent. heres what I did. I put it in a little container and mixed a bit of coconut oil with it. It now has a better consistency the oild helps it to spread out more. Not chalky and white at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Skyfyre2007

Normally, I don't like sunscreen because of how it feels, this one was no different. Totally gross, almost sticky. Really thick feeling on my face, and after going through so much trouble to find the perfect light moisturizer for me, this product was just too awful to be part of my morning routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by catcoastal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It's more moisturizing and can be spread more easily than most mineral sunscreens (I'm talking to you, Badger Balm!). I'll continue to buy this over other sunscreens.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by csacasac

This is awful! I just put it on tha back of my hands to test for texture, no white cast, dries to a sort of sticky feeling and it smells HORRIBLE!! Even if it was good protecting me from the sun, I wouldn't wear it cause I couldn't stand the smell. I washed my hands and they still smell like it, like really cheap plastic.
Good thing I only spent $2 at Dollarama for it, the SPF 15 one, that should have been a hint. I was looking for a natural and cheaper alternative to sunscreen, this is not it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by RoseGeranium22

I don't see what everyone is talking about! They must have changed the ingredients because it was not white, it was more beige instead. I switched from that Neutrogena Ultra Sheer garbage and was pleased that is actually worked! It has a neutral scent and made my skin feel moisturized and not sticky or slimy that most standard commercial brands tend to do. The only thing i don't care for is the fact that i have to rub it in more, but even after swimming, I had no sunburn. I would definately buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by june17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It smelled nice...that's about all the positive comments I can make about this sunscreen. It goes on really thick and doesn't rub in, either leaving skin white or rubbing off in crumbs of sunscreen.

I tried to use it on my face, but it left white streaks all over my cheeks. My boyfriend used it all over his body and got badly sunburned, even though it was supposed to be spf 30. It's definitely not waterproof.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ninapetal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had such high hopes for this product. I was excited to see the "chemical-free" on the label, so I jumped on the opportunity when I found a bunch of these on clearance at a Meijer for about $3 - it was originally $15 + - boy, that should have been my first tip off.

I didn't test this out before I took it on vacation with me - but quickly found out that the product is thick, smelly and impossible to rub in completely. And not just kind of difficult to rub in, I mean impossible - almost if the product had turned or gone bad. It was so thick that it looked like I put 1990's zinc - the white kind that people used to rub on their noses - all over my body. No amount of rubbing, spreading or towel wiping would get it off or fully rubbed in. It's way too thick, white and goopy. Gross. Waterproof - indeed it is. I actually have photos where I can see the white stuff on my skin - not cool.

Bottom line - at full price and with such a little tube, this stuff is too expensive and impossible to rub in to be any kind of practical. Skip it. Next time I'll go with Coppertone! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

unfortunately i too dislike this lotion. most spf 30 leave a bit of a white residue but this one leaves quite a lot. it doesnt sink into the skin easily and accentuated any dry skin. its cruelty free and green but i dont recommend this particular lotion from them.

update: i mix this with my st ives lotion and it has been working very well. a little goes a long way thats why its off putting when i apply it on its own

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Neaaen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Chalky and hard to rub in.