December 21, 2014 | 1890 users online

Lips - Laura Mercier - Lip Stain in Peach Glaze

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by suzzen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Peach Glaze most definitely NOT for someone of my skin coloring. I have LM in Mulberry and loved it, took a chance and tried this Peach color. Not sure of it's staying power, but it looks kinda chalky on my lips and makes me look like a ghoul!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by leaveherbe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this lip stain forever and finally decided to rate it. it does give me a really nice nude lip colour base, however i find it's really drying...i think this product is best to be used as a base for nude lips, and coat it a clear or nude lip gloss. on its own it just end up drying my lips. it wasn't so cheap but a little does go a long way. I'm not a big fan of the jar packaging, it's a bit bulky and i have to either use my finger or a brush to apply it...would i buy this product again? probably not..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by floz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Definitely my HG lip colour!

I am VERY warm-toned, yet my lips are naturally an odd grey colour and they make every lip colour look fuchsia (which looks awful on me) unless it's literally orange.

This shade is the closest I think I'll ever get to a nude lip colour, and I love how it looks on me! It's great for every day wear as the formula is not too glossy or too matte, just satiny and natural.

The lasting power is only average, and I find that the pot itself is a bit too narrow and deep which makes it awkward to use sometimes - a shape like the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges would be easier to use.

However, for such lovely pigmented colour in a non-drying formula, I'm really not too worried about the packaging! And reapplying every few hours isn't a bit deal either - I have to do this with all lip colours.

I do find the name a bit misleading as a "Lip Stain" implies an extra long wear time to me - I was hoping for the lasting power of Benetint and similar products.

I would say this lasts about as long as a typical high end lipstick - the closest formula I can think of is Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge, or Sisley's Long-Lasting Hydrating lipstick (also fab products!).

If you are pale and warm-toned, and seeking a natural-looking colour for daytime wear this is well worth trying!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this product, i cannot believe how many have disliked it. I must be strange!
The product is really creamy but not slippery, so that's already a huge plus. It doesn't exactly stain the lips, but you must remember that this is a pale shade, not like a red or pink that could easily stain. I want to believe that the color is just too pale to incorporate a staining effect without it being ORANGE or having brown undertones. It's not really possible to stain a creamy nude color IMO.

This is definitely a peachy, creamy MLBB look on me. I'm darker skinned w/ very pigmented lips, so this is not an easy task.

The pot is excellent and not dirty unless you have dirty fingers. I always use my ring (right hand) finger, which to me is the best applicator. It's just so emollient but not slippery, which is perfect.

Pricewise, it's affordable. Someone commented about the size of the pot. To me, it's very generous. I can't imagine actually finishing, but when/if I do, i'll be happy! I also love LM's sleek packaging. It looks lovely in my handbag, LOL.

This color is very creamy/peachy with nude undertones that would work on most complexions. For some, it might be too close a match to their skin, but it's a bit lighter than my skin (and no, i don't aim to look like a pasty-lipped girl, but this works!).
If you wanted to give more definition, try using a lipliner for a more polished lip effect, one that will seem to be more of a finished lip.

This product is 100X better than NARS pots. They are sticky/greasy. This is like a mooshed down lipstick! :D Enjoy and I hope this review encourages LM to continue this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Umm not really my favorite product. I had really high hopes for this, seeing as though every magazine I read recommended it and every review I read was mostly positive. The price was a bit steep (especially due to the size) but I was treating myself and figured if it works it's worth it. The color pay off was pretty nice but that's basically where it ended for me. For me it sunk into my lips and soon after started drying them out. Which started making my lips look old and wrinkly. I tried exfoliating first. I tried lip balm before and/ or after and it made the stain start to wear off! I really wanted to like this product, but after all my efforts it wasn't worth it, I returned it and spent my money on something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Henna36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works great for me. It has helped make every nude lipstick go on true to color by neutralizing the naturally red hue of my lips. This is so much better than using a concealer. It actually adds some warmth to my skin. I can finally create my perfect lip color by using this! I just dab a little bit of this color on my lips and then put on any nude colored lipstick and it seems to just allow the natural color to come through. The product is so versatile. It is a great base for lipstick, can be used as a lip stain with gloss on top, or if you put enough on, it's a great lip color on it's own. I agree that the color reminds me of Honolulu Honey by Nars, except this consistency seems easier to apply and much smoother. I am an NC 30 or 35 and have pretty plum pigmented lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by sonu12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i just bought it & i love it i apply it with a lip brush & then apply any shade of pinks & stays on for long time - i love it & very happy with it...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Refuge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is the perfect nude lip color and it really does stay on most of the day. I like to top this with Clinique almost lipstick in black honey for a shot of color. This can feel a little drying at times, but not too bad. Very matte finish, which is why you might want to top with gloss or another lipstick. The color is peachy... very peachy. On some this can look orange... so beware if you are not warm toned.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

I love the formula of the LM Lip Stains (no scent, no taste, stays on a long time, not drying) but this color was just a bit too orange for me. It is similar in color to NARS Honolulu Honey. If you want something just a tad lighter and less orange, but still a nude with a drier consistency, try NARS Belle De Jour.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Looks like a peach-toned nude in the pot. This is too close to my general skin tone (AAB/NC25) for my preference, and the color just washed out my lips and not in a good way. Would be better suited to gals with lighter coloring than me or can pull off this shade of nude. It may be hard to tell how well this stains, unless it differs noticeably from your natural lipcolor. Texture of the Lip Stain is a like lipstick: firm, smooth, slightly moist, and not sticky. It's not noticeably moisturizing but I have eternally peeling lips and this does not dry out my lips.

Comparisons - Shade reminds me of NARS Barbarella sheer peach lipstick.

Packaging - Wide round glass pot with shimmery brown LM screw-top lid. About the same size as BeneFit Creaseless Creams.

Overall - I love the Lip Stains in general but this particular shade does not work for me. For subdued lipcolor, Shy Pink works better for me than Peach Glaze. continued >>