April 24, 2014 | 1874 users online

Moisturizers - Dormer 211 Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

One of the best moisturisers available on the market today in my opinion. This is unscented, comes in a convenient and hygienic squeeze tube, and the price is perfect. I paid around $10-15 for the bigger tube at Shoppers Drug Mart.

It's very light but super hydrating, a bit heavier than CeraVe PM, and more creamy - but absorbs instantly and leaves skin smooth and soft. Not greasy like Cetaphil (which was too tacky and oily in my opinion - works great for some though, although the ingredients in this, I feel are superior). I never get any irritation, clogged pores, breakouts or any problems with this product. It's great for beat-up skin due to weather or harsh skin care products. I put this on my face as a skin protectant before going outside and it is unbeatable in the winter time. Works great around the eyes. I use this on my neck, chest and hands too. Makes a perfect base for make-up, as it has no slimy after-feel or tackiness.

I've been using this for years, and would recommend this to anyone with eczema, sensitive skin, dry or dehydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin: combination, frequent dry patches, prone to mild acne

I love this moisturizer. Inexpensive, very emollient, nice feel on the skin, doesn't clog my pores. Easily found at London drugs. I love hyaluronic acid as a moisturizer, and this replaces one from whole foods which I found equally moisturizing, but clogged my pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Advanced Maximum Moisturizer With Hyaluronic Acid Complex. This product is my absolute HG moisturizer. I have tried everything under the sun to try to manage my dry skin and the eczema on my jawline (Bioderma, ADerma, Avene, Cliniderm, Impruv etc.). When I applied this for the first time I was amazed how supple and smooth my skin felt. 20 minutes later my skin still felt comfortable and that is amazing considering I usually feel like I need to reapply moisturizer by this time, my skin is that dry. This does not break me out. The texture of my skin has improved, the dryness before was starting to make me look aged. Now by using this daily my skin look smooth, supple, fine lines are reduced. I saw this at Pharma Plus and noticed this was the last tube in that store so I'll be stocking up next time I see it. It retails for $14.99 for 110ml which is a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by billyjoe8716

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is AMAZING my skin used to be sooo rough and itchy, it was terrible. I had a very bad case of eczema and I tried on many different creams including Impruv, steroids for my skin, Vaseline,and many more. Then one day, I used Dormer and when I woke up the next day, the whole top layer of my skin on my face just flaked off. Under that, I had unbelievably smooth skin and my face felt so soft and smooth. My skin got really dry again lately and it was red all around with mouth with disgusting bumps and flakes all over my chin area and along the sides of my face and on the sides of my forehead. I haven't used Dormer in a while so i put it on again, and just like last time, all the rough skin flaked off, revealing amazing skin underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by msCullen8685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For Canadians, I found this at Rexall Pharmaplus, however I have never seen this product at Shoppers Drug Mart before. I was looking for a simple, no-frills moisturiser that wouldnt break out my clog prone skin. This has definately delivered! The hyaluronic acid and other moisturising ingrediants in this moisturiser plump up my skin upon application and it is great for under makeup. This really is a staple moisturiser for me now and I would really suggest you try it if you have sensitive or acne prone skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by moyerles

I have been using Dormer products for years since my mother was given it by her dermatologist after having some precancerous skin lesions removed. I use the sunscreen with hyaluronic acid as well as the hyperemollient and the loose powder. My skin looks excellent and I am always mistaken for being much younger. Since I have moved to the States I have to order it but it arrives quickly and is definitely a holy grail product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by froglet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Dormer 211 Advanced Face & Hand Moisturizer for over a year now so I thought I'd add my review. I have dry, sensitive skin with mild rosacea. While I don't consider this to be HG material, for me it's a win since it is the first moisturizer I've found that doesn't either irritate my skin or cause breakouts. I don't feel that it has made my skin's redness any better, but I do feel it has slightly headed off new wrinkles and kept my skin from being to dry.
Since I live in the US, I ordered this online and bought quite a bit of it. Once I run out I might look for a HG moisturizer but until then, this is doing the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was given this by my dermatologist for moisture while using accutane, I used the Dormer 211 Maximum Moisture lotion and the Dormer 211 Speciale, LOVED both lotions...Excellent moisture, not heavy at all. My face was hardly ever dry on accutane thanks to these products. Will continue to use after I am done accutane as well. The Dormer 211 Special is a great makeup primer as well. HIGHLY recommend these products for anyone with dry skin, usually have to get your pharmacist to order in, but not too pricey, around $12-15, one 110 ml bottle lasted me 4 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2010 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this lotion....for my body. I have KP and it seems to keep those crusty bumps at bay. I love that it's non greasy, unscented (i mean NO SMELL whatsoever) and a little spreads well. For my face, this is a no no. For me, Hyaluronic Acid just makes my skin *freak out*. I had a BAD experience with MaMa Lotion, and thought it was perhaps the Mandelic acid in aforementioned face product, but when I tried this Dormer 211, I saw the beginnings of a bad break out coming on. I really wish I could use this on my face, because of all the great things Hyaluronic Acid is doing for everyone else...but alas, not for my mug.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great face care basic....I got hooked on Neutrogena Healthy Skin Cream with the retinol but couldn't stomach the 22$CAN expense after realizing that its effectiveness was pretty much gone after a few months. I switched to this one and couldn't be more pleased...truly my combo skin is happy, just the right amount of moisture and almost no flakies happening now...truly reliable stuff.