April 19, 2014 | 1737 users online

Sunscreen - Invisible Zinc - Tinted Daywear in Light

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by holborner

Definitely would not buy again! If you're after the greasy face look then this is for you. If you wear a bit of make up you're so much better off starting with a moisturiser then use their foundation stick instead. Did I mention it's not exactly light coverage, more like no coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by monkeymermaid25

First ever review because I had to tell people how HORRIBLE this product is. I have NW20-25 skin but the light shade is SUPER ORANGE that I doubt anyone could wear this without looking like they fake tanned their face. Oxidized too!!! I'm lucky I got this when it was on sale because it's ridiculously overpriced. I like that it is 30+, has good staying power and is better for your skin than other sunscreens but it's just unwearable. It's soooo thick to apply & once you sort of have it applied it looks super GREASY. I'd say I have oily/combo skin but it's not that oily & it just makes my entire face like an oil slick. I wish I'd read MUA before purchasing it because I would definitely not buy it again nor recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Stishy

Terrible, terrible terrible. Let me just preface this by saying that I have combination skin, which was manageable prior to trying the Tinted Daywear. This product broke me out in awful, cystic acne every time I used it. It was also greasy and made me look horrendously orange.

I think it's pretty misleading for there to be no list of the full ingredients on the packaging or the product - I would not have purchased it if I'd known it was so incredibly comedogenic! The only remotely positive thing I can say about this product is that it has some serious staying power.

If you have even remotely sensitive or acne-prone skin, stay away from this!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by wonrob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This sunscreen looks great on. It has a sheer tint, which improves the look of the skin, evening it out a little. It makes the skin look dewy and sunkissed.
However, I had an allergic reaction to it. The first day I'd applied it, my left upper eyelid became red and swollen, heavy and droopy looking. The second day I'd applied it, my right lower eyelid became red and swollen. I returned the product for a refund.
It was a real shame because I was quite happy with the texture and colour of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Malinda26

Love invisible Zinc. Simply the best sunscreen on the market for serious protection. I think it's absolutely fabulous that the broad spectrum protection is from just zinc and no harsh chemicals.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been stupid enough to try out various products from the entire Invisible Zinc range since it first came out several years ago.

I was dubious about it in the first instance as I couldn't see how they could even degrease zinc (remembering how well the old white zinc cream would stay put through an entire day of surfing back in the early 70's: ugly, but effective)... and it was as disgusting as I thought it would be. It's thick & feels like a shellacking of of oil and honey choking your skin. I tried to withstand a whole day without taking it off but my face was so greasy after a couple of hours I could have poured an economy-sized package of talc on it and it would have set in place with grease enough to stack on a layer of dry spackle.

I just did it to myself again. I bought a couple of Korean BB creams of 35+ strength online, but grabbed one of these at the local chemist in case they'd improved the formulation & because I don't like the thick coverage of BB creams: even those written up as giving the sheerest coverage are like pancake makeup, something which a 53 year old does NOT look good in ('come hither & admire every wrinkle and the pores that have stretchmarks on their stretchmarks')! But I'm sticking with the BB creams until I find something better. At least, with those, a good primer allows for smoothing them out without tugging your face off. This gunk would need a thick layer of silicones to create enough slippage to blend it. Even then, the colour is completely off. I'd rather use sump oil, thank you very much.

I can't believe this product line didn't go under after its first season. It's great that there are a few happy customers but I, for one, would strongly recommend that you don't waste your money on it or pin any hopes on it. An utterly RUBBISH product!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Mum85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the small tube to test out because I was using the sunsense daily face and it stung and hurt my face (I don't have sensitive skin) so I tired this invisible zinc and I love it,it's not hard to spread on,it evens out my skin alittle and its alittle oily/greasy but I don't get breakouts from it (I get breakouts from every other suncreen) it's alittle difficult to wash off,I have to double cleanse,but because its compatible with my acne prone/oily skin I would buy again and again

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Jealloupie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great if you want to look like a greasy oompa loompa! This has got to be the worst tinted sunscreen ever created. This is really thick and hard to apply; it has an almost sticky, glue like texture. And boy is it orange! This is in no way "Light", and progressively turns more orange the longer you wear it. Also, this really does smell like plastic. I honestly can not imagine how this products works for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty80

I'm really surprised at how low this product's score is-for me it's an absolute must have. I have a healthy paranoia about old Mr Sun, and wear sunscreeen on a daily basis (although I am not quite as religious about it in the colder months as I should be).
I don't like nasty chemcial sunscreens, they break me out and make my skin feel clogged and gross. Yes, IZ is thick, but that's why I like it! I use about a pea size amount, smoothed over my whole face. I am even able to use a tiny amount smoothed under my eye, as the very top of the cheekbone/undereye is where I get sun damage. The thickness of this product makes me feel safer from the sun.
I let it settle for a few minutes before applying concealer, a little of the Invisible setting powder, blush and a little mineral foundation in my t-zone or over any icky areas.
This product really, really does work better used in conjuction with the setting powder. It mattifies the finish and makes it last all day. I read somewhere that the powder itself contains sun protection but I'm uncertain about that.
I also think that daily use of this assists my mild acne. My theory there is that well, isn't zinc good for your skin? Could zinc applied topically like this help acne? Either way, I break out less when using this regularly.
To remove it I do an oil cleanse, followed by a second cleanse, and it comes off just fine for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

Ugh, hated it. Texture is way too thick for me, and being translucent-pale, the "light" shade was anything but. It made my face look orange and greasy. :( Won't be buying again.
Sad to have wasted my precious $$$ on this product.