November 26, 2014 | 1604 users online

Sunscreen - Invisible Zinc - Tinted Daywear in Light

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Viognier2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to switch to a non-chemical zinc-based sunscreen and bought this.

The colour was fine for my fair complexion. The texture very sticky, but I didn't have a problem spreading it.

It gave my fair/ pale complexion a healthy tint and a dewy look which I loved. The stickiness that people complain about seemed to hold my mineral powder foundation in place, so it acted as a great primer as well.

It was great for about two weeks. I really loved it but my forehead (which is always always crystal clear) started to break out. This ONLY happens when I've switched to a new cosmetic product that doesn't agree with my face. I assume that the sticky consistency of the product, which made it difficult to wash off, is probably to blame for clogging my otherwise healthy pores.

I stopped using this product (and have not changed anything else in my routine) and my forehead is clearing up.

It would be great if reviewers in general would use a product for at least two weeks before writing a review. Had I written this review in less than that timeframe, I would have given a rave review.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by gardeniarose

I bought a few beauty products online, and this came in as a tester for me. Being a bit tanned, although relatively fair, I thought the skin tone "fair" would be too fair for me, which turns out that it wasn't.

When I first put it on, it felt quite nice, although the consistency was a bit thick. It blended into my skin perfectly. It has a dewy finish, and felt alright on my skin initially.

Later on, it felt a lot more heavy. To the point that when I scratched my face lightly (probably because the product was a bit too much on my skin), I scratched away the tinted moisturiser.

For the price of this product, definitely not worth it. With the heaviness of the product, I almost expected it to make my skin break out, which didn't turn out to affect my skin thankfully.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Skin69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't waste your money, you don't get what you pay for. I would pay $10 max for a product like this. Yes, you get very good sun protection but the texture is not very nice at all. When I first applied it, I thought it was okay and it just left a slightly tacky feeling but throughout the day it got worse... Or the tacky feeling lingered. Yet, I barely have oily skin, for reference my skin is normal to having very dry patches. It has a gloopy texture and leaves a thick shiny film all over the skin and made my skin sticky and oily to touch throughout the day, not to forget the sunscreen transfers onto everything! What a mess! If I wanted to scratch my face, the next thing I touch has a brown stain on it. People also asked why my skin was so sparkly and shiny and how it reflected so much light, that's how noticable the greasy texture was!

LUCKILY I am quite tanned and the medium colour looked alright on me, but for most people they would have an orange face, even though the tint isn't that strong. Also it didn't irritate my sensitive skin. The texture isn't that bad if you don't apply it liberally but that defeats the purpose of using sunscreen.

**IMPORTANT UPDATE / NOTICE**
Invisible Zinc has recently changed their packaging and I gave the product another go in hopes that they reformulated their product to a better texture. When I tried the newly packaged Tinted Daywear on my skin, my sensitive areas began to sting which never happened before. Also the stuff in the new packaging smells different. (Sorry I can't note anything about the new texture because I took it off straight away). Then I applied the "old packaged" Tinted Daywear on the same spot, just to make sure... and there was no stinging at all. Hmmmm formula change perhaps? So be mindful when buying this product, I wouldn't reccomend it especially after this now. Sorry about the long review.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

I also wished I had read the reviews before purchasing this. I thought it'd be great for sunscreen (I wasn't really after any coverage but a little foundation wouldn't hurt) but for my NW25 skin tone, it's just way too orange. It would look great with a tan but I don't ever fake tan. This gives a greasy appearance and leaves your face feeling heavy. Luckily I picked up a 20g cream and it was on sale for half price but I wish I hadn't picked this up. Since using this, my acne has been more aggressive and this is likely the cause of it. It might be because of the anti-aging moisturiser included in it because I find anti-aging products too emollient for my skin.

I won't ever purchase this again. This is probably going into the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by holborner

Definitely would not buy again! If you're after the greasy face look then this is for you. If you wear a bit of make up you're so much better off starting with a moisturiser then use their foundation stick instead. Did I mention it's not exactly light coverage, more like no coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by monkeymermaid25

First ever review because I had to tell people how HORRIBLE this product is. I have NW20-25 skin but the light shade is SUPER ORANGE that I doubt anyone could wear this without looking like they fake tanned their face. Oxidized too!!! I'm lucky I got this when it was on sale because it's ridiculously overpriced. I like that it is 30+, has good staying power and is better for your skin than other sunscreens but it's just unwearable. It's soooo thick to apply & once you sort of have it applied it looks super GREASY. I'd say I have oily/combo skin but it's not that oily & it just makes my entire face like an oil slick. I wish I'd read MUA before purchasing it because I would definitely not buy it again nor recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Stishy

Terrible, terrible terrible. Let me just preface this by saying that I have combination skin, which was manageable prior to trying the Tinted Daywear. This product broke me out in awful, cystic acne every time I used it. It was also greasy and made me look horrendously orange.

I think it's pretty misleading for there to be no list of the full ingredients on the packaging or the product - I would not have purchased it if I'd known it was so incredibly comedogenic! The only remotely positive thing I can say about this product is that it has some serious staying power.

If you have even remotely sensitive or acne-prone skin, stay away from this!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by wonrob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This sunscreen looks great on. It has a sheer tint, which improves the look of the skin, evening it out a little. It makes the skin look dewy and sunkissed.
However, I had an allergic reaction to it. The first day I'd applied it, my left upper eyelid became red and swollen, heavy and droopy looking. The second day I'd applied it, my right lower eyelid became red and swollen. I returned the product for a refund.
It was a real shame because I was quite happy with the texture and colour of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Malinda26

Love invisible Zinc. Simply the best sunscreen on the market for serious protection. I think it's absolutely fabulous that the broad spectrum protection is from just zinc and no harsh chemicals.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been stupid enough to try out various products from the entire Invisible Zinc range since it first came out several years ago.

I was dubious about it in the first instance as I couldn't see how they could even degrease zinc (remembering how well the old white zinc cream would stay put through an entire day of surfing back in the early 70's: ugly, but effective)... and it was as disgusting as I thought it would be. It's thick & feels like a shellacking of of oil and honey choking your skin. I tried to withstand a whole day without taking it off but my face was so greasy after a couple of hours I could have poured an economy-sized package of talc on it and it would have set in place with grease enough to stack on a layer of dry spackle.

I just did it to myself again. I bought a couple of Korean BB creams of 35+ strength online, but grabbed one of these at the local chemist in case they'd improved the formulation & because I don't like the thick coverage of BB creams: even those written up as giving the sheerest coverage are like pancake makeup, something which a 53 year old does NOT look good in ('come hither & admire every wrinkle and the pores that have stretchmarks on their stretchmarks')! But I'm sticking with the BB creams until I find something better. At least, with those, a good primer allows for smoothing them out without tugging your face off. This gunk would need a thick layer of silicones to create enough slippage to blend it. Even then, the colour is completely off. I'd rather use sump oil, thank you very much.

I can't believe this product line didn't go under after its first season. It's great that there are a few happy customers but I, for one, would strongly recommend that you don't waste your money on it or pin any hopes on it. An utterly RUBBISH product!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No