August 2, 2014 | 1260 users online

Sunscreen - Lancome - Soleil DNA Guard SPF 50

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by SuperAmandaRocks

I tried this during blazing hot temps last year when I was in Europe and was very impressed as it moisturized and protected areas where I was photo sensitive from benzyol peroxide. It is not great under makeup but sadly all sunscreens that are going to work over an entire day long period in hot very sunny weather are going to have some physical sunblock shine to them-especially if you have olive or medium skin- and are better to mix with your makeup if you have to. If I'm not pressed for time then I let this set in for an hour and my makeup will usually go on great. But if i want a lot makeup coverage , I add my Sheshido 42 and 35 tinted liquid and stick blocks. This sunscreen does work great on hands and neck/V zone too. I will buy again as I think Lancome makes the best high spf sunscreens/sun blocks for the size and price plus they've been doing it longer than almost any high end line.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gave 3 stars to this product just because it does make my face shine! I said I would buy it again since I have not found a better one with the same high SPF but less greasy :( I tried La Roche-Posay and Seiseido, but they all made my face look as if I applied lots of olive oil instead.

The only one I loved is Cellex-C SPF 30+ (great under foundation!) but it's not enough for me in summer as I burn easily. So I'm looking for the same texture as Cellex-C but with higher SPF...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 5:40:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! I have some scars on my face from an accident, they are hardly visible normally but I have to make sure they don't burn or else they will be. That's why I've been trying all sorts of facial sunscreen with a high SPF and this one is by far my favourite. All the others I tried left a white residue on my face and made it look greasy. This one has a very light formula that is absolutely invisible on my skin. It doesn't make my face shiney at all and I haven't had any breakouts from it. It works great under make-up aswell, although I do find myself skipping my moisturizer when I use this. I haven't burnt my face once since I used it, even when I applied it only in the morning under my make-up and then spent the whole day in the hot Caribbean sun. I am impressed. It is a little expensive but definately worth it. I will repurchase.
Edit: ARGH I can't find it anymore! ):

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 2:28:00 PM More reviews by perrier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best facial sunscreen that I've found - and I've tried loads, as I use suncreen every day.

The texture is lightweight and fluid, and my skin absorbs it very well. I use it on bare skin every morning and follow it up with a dusting of powder - at it pretty much stays matte all day. I have oily skin, so don't need to use an additional moisuriser at all, and I haven't had any breakouts from it.

I like that it is full of anti-oxidants too.

Not only is it spf 50, but I emailed Lancome, and they confirmed that it has a ppd of 19.6 - so you have very high UVA and UVB protection.

It comes in a small bottle - perfect for carrying around in a handbag.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 3:45:00 PM More reviews by springchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great sunscreen for the face at such a high spf. I think it's formulated with at least one of the 2 types of mexoryl, if not both ( I threw out packaging). This is much better than the other sunscreens I have tried with similar spf and active ingredients (vichy, la roche posay) in terms of having a less greasy yet still creamy texture, and in terms of how it's not as visible on the skin as the others (less white cast and much less greasiness). It's definitely much more wearable. It has a very strong but pretty scent, which didn't bother me. I bought this while traveling, and I've been looking to repurchase online, and it's pretty hard to find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 9:05:00 AM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is new in Lancome's sunscreens range and it is very good. Anti-wrinkle face fluid, rather rich but still liquidy, not too thick, pleasant on the face. This season I use this one for the beach and Clarins UV Plus SPF 40 for the city. Lancome Soleil DNA Guard SPF 50 is a bit thicker than Clarins UV Plus SPF 40, but you can still put your makeup on, if needed - looks OK, doesn't shine. Packaging is similar to the Clarins UV Plus, a similar small bottle that you have to shake well before use. I like it and I think I'll stick for a long time with two of those: Clarins SPF 40 for the city and Lancome SPF 50 for the beach and sea.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No