April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Lip Gloss - DuWop - E-lix-r-stix Infused Gloss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to LOL at the reviews here. I agree on some of the points, like it being over priced, but I paid under $2.00 US so I'm not out of much. All that advertising about the fruit oils and the moisture...well, DuWop blew it on the description and I don't like that. A girl should get what she pays for and descriptions are critical. This is very misleading imo.

All that fancy talk about "gloss infusee" really means lip balm with fruit oils and delicious fruit and herbs, Chinese medicine (notion of wellness and preventative care), Rich in "phyto" (plant based nutrients), anti-oxidants, vitamins, and minerals feed the body and nourish the organs back to a state of health and well balance
Truly modern, Truly Ancient...that's funny and silly and false advertising.

What I DO like is that it softens lips right away and stays on longer than I'd anticipated. The color is so sheer that I can wear it to bed without worrying about product transfer unto pillows. I can see it under lipsticks, especially in the colder months when my lips get dried out very easily. Packaging is neat, although the squeeze tube combined with a brush is a bit tricky. I do like the fact that it's not a potted gloss which makes it more sanitary to use. So, for $2.00 I'm happy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by xyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This sucks!!!
Wayyyy overpriced, stinks, does absolutely nothing for my lips and dries them out!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This gloss SUCKS!!! I bought two tubes (at $22.00 a piece) and I really regret it. It's basically unscented, slightly colored baby oil in a lip gloss tube and it wears off five minutes after you apply it. Don't waste your money on this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Sarah613

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample from sephora so I'm really glad I never really bought this because I have been eyeing it for a while. The color i have is serenity it is a peachy pink with shimmer. It has hardly any color, no fragrance or taste. You would think with them talking about herbs and fruit in it that it would at least smell like something. the texture reminds me of the lip smackers sparklers, which isn't that bad but doesn't last long at all. So overall, no color, no fragrance, no taste, barely any shine equals a bad lip gloss in my book.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 9:58:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample and I'm so glad that I didn't buy it first. Apparently, Vaseline lasts longer than this "gloss". It's reminiscent of very cheap .50 cent gloss you find at the cashiers counter. It has that unmistakable plastic taste and feel that you would expect from cheap brands. Definitely not worth the money and I can't believe they have the nerve to sell it to the public at such a price.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by RougedAndReady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I generally shy from reviews nowadays, but this is such a fraud, I cant help it. First things first, this product claims:

E-lix-r takes a fresh approach to ancient traditional Chinese medicine with its delicious tonics and teas promoting health and wellness. Blending authentic herbs and fruits, E-lix-r draws upon the Eastern philosophy of balanced living to create remedies for a modern life.

Of course, anyone in their right mind will take this with a grain of salt. Herbs and fruits, blah blah, yeah great. But heres where it gets insulting. The ingredients are listed as:

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Glycerin, Flavor (Aroma), Sodium Saccharin, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Water (Aqua), Caprylyl Glycol, Silica (insert different pigments for each color here).

Herbs? Fruits? I see no herbs or fruits here. But who cares, right? Its lipgloss. One doesnt select lipgloss based on its fruit and herb content.

The gloss itself is subpar. Bonne Bell does better. This is a greasy feeling low-shine gloss with very little pigment or even shimmer. Doesnt last long at all, and doesnt even have any discernable scent or flavor to entertain one. My lips were softer after use, but I mean, they were coated in mineral oil-- of course they were! As for the price: Its$22USD for 1/4oz of product in a cheap plastic squeeze tube w/brush at the end. A fair amount of product for the price had the product been of reasonably acceptable quality, but this is severely lacking.

Im not a huge fan of low-end, or Bonne Bell, but do yourself a favor and invest in that instead. Youll be much happier and have more money in your pocket, to boot. The reviewer below me put it very well: This is an anti-zen product. By the time you use it and figure out there are absolutely no redeeming qualities, youre pretty pissed off! continued >>

27 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 8:17:00 AM More reviews by tiramisu2c

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally like DuWop's products as I like cosmetics that do double-duty or are different and unique. However, I don't like gimmick-y cosmetics. This is what I believe DuWop's E-lix-r-stix infused lip glosses to be.
DuWop describes these new glosses of theirs as:
Gorgeous, non-sticky lip gloss infused with E-lix-r herbal tonics, which provides gorgeous, sheer color while stimulating the senses with delicious tonics for healthy, beautiful lips.
I have mine in the shade of Serenity, which is described as: sheer opalescent coral/ Tonic: Liquid Yoga

OK, well, they weren't kidding when they described them as sheer. I have pigmented lips to begin with, but I can only see the tiniest hint of color on my lips in most lighting. There is also a visible amount of shimmer in the tube, but I do not see this on my lips.
The texture is dead-on though as they are not sticky AT ALL. I completely appreciate this (and gave it 3 lippies for it) as I cannot stand sticky lip glosses. However, along with a smooth texture comes the fact that what little color is there won't last long.
I HATE the applicator: thr squeeze tube with a brush on the end. It's so sloppy and cheap-looking. I just hate these applicators, so I was disappointed in that.
But I did like the subtle flavor of vanilla or something. It's almost so undetectable, I can't determine what it is exactly, but it's pleasant. There are no other scents to the lip gloss. No plastic/fake tastes scents, which I liked. It made me feel like I was really only wearing lip balm.
...Which brings me to my next point: $22 DOLLARS?! Are they serious?! That's ridiculous. This is a glorified lip balm and they're charging $22 for it?! They say themselves the color is sheer. I was so angry when I got home and saw how much I actually paid for it that I went back and returned it.
Also, on a side note, as I'm sure you guessed, the whole Liquid Yoga Tonic thing was a joke - the whole time I was wearing it, I kept thinking how ridiculously expensive it was, which may or may not have ruined my "Liquid Yoga" experience.
It's a gimmick and waste of money, unfortunately, so don't waste yours on this product.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No