August 29, 2014 | 967 users online

Eye Shadow - L.A. Colors - 12 palette e/s in traditional

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

49 cents at walgreens on sale!! I didn't know that walgreens carried LA Colors, as I think these may be left over Xmas stock. I basically will only wear brown or white eyeshadow (once in awhile other colors like black but neutral browns are my go-to), so these colors are totally in my wheelhouse & I actually didn't have much for duplicates as these shades aren't frosty or glittery & that's mostly what I have. This is a really good palette. The colors have good staying power, I wear them over LA Colors eyelid primer. Are they UD, Clinique, EL, VS, etc quality? NO! But very nice for DS makeup, I will def repurchase. I wear each shade by itself mostly. They are quite pigmented & I am a big LA Colors fan in general. For a buck I don't think ppl will be disappointed. You could wear these day or night any occasion really. I wear them w black liquid eyeliner & black mascara. (Short story) My father bought me my 1st Traditional palette, used up, replaced on a whim but glad I did replace because my father has good taste in makeup colors! So sentimental value here. But YES go get this palette! I wouldn't bother with the other palettes because I thought the other colors were garish. But i will always keep one of this palette around.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Gennycool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like it but really need a good primer under as i have oily skin. I got the supernatural palette with greenish grey shades. Those are the only kind of colours i wear so i like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Primpology

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

You simply cannot beat the price. I paid under $1 for this and after shoving it in a drawer for the summer I pulled it out to use the colors for base colors for my lid. They blend well, go great with the shadows that I have in my collection and have saved me a bunch of money on individual shades that I would need for lids and transition colors to make the perfect smokey eye with what I already own.

Just a ton of fun for under a buck!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great product! The shadows are far more pigmented than I expected. They last on the lid quite well also, even without a primer underneath. The colors in this palette range from peaches to dark browns. They are mostly matte, but some have shimmer. Perfect for every day looks as well as more dramatic evening looks.
For only $1, this is an excellent buy! I definitely recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Rikki1290

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really do like these eyeshadows. They show up nicely and it is only $1!! I took a lippie off because each shadow is small so they run our fast :/ But I would highly suggest going out and getting as many different colts of these as you can :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by irie725

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried any other L.A. Colors eye shadows but these 12 colors palettes, and especially this one, is the one I find myself using most of the time. I barely use my Coastal Scents warm palette anymore because I actually prefer this. I was hesitant to buy because I don't like too much shimmer. This one has ,as with the rest, varying amounts within the palette which is nice. I can always tone it down if need be. I find with a primer I get great wear and color pay off. For $1.00 !! , go figure... love it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by blueberryfrost

I like a lot of the LA Colors makeup, for the price it isn't a bad line. I get a lot of use out of this little $1 palette. The browns are perfect for everyday wear... I find myself grabbing this all the time for a quick neutral eye. I especially like the dark browns. The pigmentation is good when used over a base or primer. Actually, I use the LA Colors concealer stick and it works great as a base... no creasing and the colors will last all day. I have a ton of eyeshadow but this is my go-to for an everyday look... brown eyeshadow, mascara, some peachy blush, pink lips and I'm good to go.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sunnyonne1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this to tune up a first layer of eyeshadow. Tune up as in add more color, lighten a color, darken a color. It's a useful tweaker for other eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by MsHarleyQuinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have gray/blue eyes and the brown makes my eyes look very blue and really pop! The color range make a very pretty brown smokey eyes.
The only down fall is I have very pale skin and the light colors don't show up on my skin.
I really love this eyeshadow!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This isn't the greatest eyeshadow you will ever use, nor is it the worst. If you're looking for something intensely pigmented that you can use for lots of looks, this isn't it (unless you are a true makeup artist with great skills & tools). However, this is a decent-quality brown palette with quite a few nice shade options. I think it would be good for someone just starting out with makeup, or an emergency purchase if you're stranded on a trip without your mu bag. I shouldn't have bought this, since I already had plenty of brown eyeshadow. Still, it's handy for me to throw in my purse and not worry about possibly ruining one of my good items in there. I also find the baby-powder smell somewhat comforting. Even though the quality is mediocre, I gave this item 4 lippies because of the price.