October 21, 2014 | 1343 users online

Lip Gloss - Kanebo - Lavshuca Color Conc Rouge

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by miranets

I was sent this in BE-1 by mistake, colour wise it sucked, totally lost against my lips. Perhaps the red tones will be better and more flattering. Anyhow, texture wise it is sticky and glossy but not in a flattering way. I don't like how the product is dispensed, if you twist too much (as one would to try and get product out) you end up wasting a bit because when you close the lid it gets stuck there.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by spaceagemouse

I have this in BE-1, which is a brownish rose and looks like a slightly more pigmented version of my natural lip color. It's very pigmented and glossy and there is a slight shimmer. It is a little sticky, but the payoff is that it does look nice and smooth on my lips. The package is princessy and jewel-like, and at first I was charmed by the plastic heart-shaped applicator. However, it gets messy and doesn't apply the gloss very evenly. I always have to wipe the extra off the tip with a tissue. Not very frugal, for 2g of gloss. Wish I had gotten more colors!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2007 4:06:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***This review contains pics of the product. Please click on continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***

Color Conc Rouge is one of Lavshuca's newest products, just released for fall 2007.

While I really love most Lavshuca items I must admit that I am a bit dissappointed with Color Conc Rouge.

First off, they come in a truly adorable packaging. A short rather chubby tube with a white slanted plastic applicator (it's a twist-click gloss). The cutest thing is that the gloss comes out of a heart-shaped hole!

The texture is a bit sticky, quite pigmented and glossy (no shimmer in 4 of the 5 colors I have)....at first! What I don't like is that this gloss somehow sinks in my lips so the glossy shine vanishes quickly. I prefer the glassy sort of shine of the older Liquid Lips Rouge. Additionally I find this gloss spreads unevenly and migrates a bit towards the outer edges of my lips so I have to keep smoothing out the gloss with my finger while wearing this. I think the kind of plastic used for the applicator and the small size is to be blamed, too, not just the formula.

This gloss is unfragranced and retails for 1260 Yen/each. I think it's just a bit over 2g of lipgloss per pop.

Right now there are 10 colors available. I got 5 of them:

BE-2: Pinkish brown shade

RS-1: This is a really cool-toned plummy shade. It's in fact too cool-toned, even for me! (means it's not flattering on me like most cool shades are!)

RD-2: Bright orangey red shade

RD-2: Medium pink-red; This has a bit of shimmer

PK-1: Light pink shade

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes.

From left: BE-2, RS-1, RD-1, RD-2, PK-1