September 23, 2014 | 2033 users online

Lip Gloss - Clinique - Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Currant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I had purchased 3 tints in these (Curarnt, Raspberry, and Black Honey). I purchased them because I wanted ease of application i.e. apply without a mirror. It is a nice consistency - not too sticky. It feels very pleasant on the lips and keeps my lips hydrated. This colour is probably my most favourite of the 3. It brightens up my face/skin instantly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Applies clear, with maybe a hint of deep pink. Fragrance-free. Comfortable to wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by supercat12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got a tiny tube of this with a GWP. As others have noted, very pretty, easy to wear colour. I have highly pigmented lips, and this makes them look shiny and healthy. Love the tube, easy to carry, easy to apply. Unfortunately, I'm going through a phase now where I don't want super shiny lips, so this has gotten pushed to the back of my makeup drawer. Despite the fact that my tube is really tiny, and for a while I was using it ALL THE TIME, there is still a ton of product left in the tube, so it is really a good value.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was starting to think I am allergic to lip gloss. I like the look, but one product after another would start the area around my mouth to tingling, itching, or burning within 5 to 30 minutes after application. So far, this gloss is different. The color is nice alone or as a layer. The shine is not overthetop. The gloss is not super thick, vinyl-y or kumquat-flavored (none of the aforementioned is bad in and of itself, but I suspect that I am sensitive to one or more ingredients that account for flavoring or texture or plumping or something). The gloss is/does just what I want: it acts as a moisturizing layer underneath or on top of my dark lipsticks, which tend to dry out and off over time. I agree that it doesn't last long, but it does seem to extend the life of lipstick I'm wearing just a bit. Haven't noticed the smell mentioned by other reviewers. I first tried this in the Black Honey, which I bought along with the Chubby Stick thing. Chubby Stick fell by wayside, figuratively speaking. I still like the BH, but find the slightly paler and slightly pinker Currant more versatile. Would that I could score a teensy tube like the sample of Grapefruit Sephora distributed some weeks back, I'd be totally content. As it is, this is a new favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Va-va-voom lips! Went into Sephora and asked the representative about a fragrance free lip gloss, not lipstick, balm, or plumper but just a gloss. She recommended these glosses or the Korres line. I didn't see any glosses in the Korres line. Anyhow I wanted the Raspberry colour because it looked more pink to me, but ended up getting this one. But I believe that all of them are relatively sheer in colour. This is good because it can be worn alone when you're in a hurry to give your lips a slight bit of colour, layered over lip-liner to give your lips some definition but still while looking natural, or over lipstick for maximum effect. I already have full lips, but this makes them look all the more luscious and sexy! I don't think any males would enjoy kissing lips with sticky lip-gloss, so just take it off for them. ;]
Also it comes in a tube, so nothing can get in there, much better then ones with wands! I sometimes do get my hair getting caught it in when it's windy, but it's a gloss, it's shiny and sticky.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Windyhill

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pretty color, but after a few uses starts to smell like my son's tennis shoes. I've heard this from several people who've bought these.

Also does not last long and requires frequent application.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by SeraphBriar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this one as a freebie in a "buy $, get stuff" deal from Clinique, and it actually has made me a lip gloss convert. I love this sheer berry shade; I love that it's not sticky, thick, or weird-tasting. It doesn't last more than a few hours, but that's okay, because reapplying it feels nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by agirllikeme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gives my lips a subtle cherry tint, which I love. It is moisturizing and not sticky at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by littleshelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this. You can put it on before makeup to soften you lips, wear it at night to moisturize them, as well as wear it with a lip liner to make your lips look good but not too overdone. The color is very sheer, so that makes it versatile for various lip liner colors. The consistency is good, not sticky or slimy. I got this as a GWP and will purchase the full size soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by shannonhunt1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Being a former Chapstick addict, I was hesitant to put anything on my lips that wouldn't make them feel the way Chapestick did. Thanks to trying this as part of a trial size free product w/purchase, my loyalties have shifted to this gloss! I find that I am not applying this product nearly as often as I would the Chapstick. It has great staying power and does not feel heavy or sticky. It feels as if the product actually absorbs into the fragile skin of my lips, making them soft and velvety. Also, the color is very light and just enhances my normal lip color :) Clinique really impressed with this product!!