July 29, 2014 | 1859 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Rubenesque

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by GirlyRunnerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got this. I tried bare study on but found the color too sparkly and washed out my olive skin tone. This ok the other hand makes my blue eyes pop and looks pretty natural. I use it with dip down or rich ground fluid line eyeliner. Great everyday look. Also doesn't crease with a primer under it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The least favorite of the mac paint pot I own. I feel it is not as pigmented as the other ones. And not as long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by beddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

On my nc20 c2 skin this paintpot slightly blends in when my skintone with jst one layer. The second layer shows up as a sunset peach gold sheen which is beautiful for just a natural look but with a myterious golden pop. I use to own bare study but i felt it was very drying(maybe i got a bad pot out the bunch) rubenesque is easy to blend and it def has the dimensional coloring i was looking for. I dont wear eyeshadow so i jst put this on with liner, mascara and i have a clean yet pretty simple look. Will repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by CaitlinBlythe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i have this in rubenesque and i love it. i apply it with my finger as i find it a lot easier and you can use it as just a subtle shadow on its own, you can layer it for a lovely colour on its own or use it as a base. i always always use this as a base for any eye shadow as it makes it stay on all day and not crease at all. i love the colour, although it could be a little more pigmented but all in all, a great base

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by chechi

I use this as a base almost every day for work. I have to use it on top of UDPP to prevent creasing (this is true for most cream eye shadows). I bought this color because of the rave reviews, but I don't like the packaging - I think it's unhygienic and inconvenient. The color is sheer but still visible - good for when you're in a hurry. I think there are way too many alternatives out there, so I don't see the need to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by lucycoogancakes

This product has tones of gold and coral in it. it glides on smoothly and can be used as a sheer wash or layered for a more intense colour. I'm really impressed with this product mainly because of the way it prevents my eye make up from creasing. I tend to use it most days as an eye base (after foundation & powder) and then I layer eye shadow over the top. I really don't like it when you spend time creating a beautiful eye only for it to end up with creases half way through the day. When I use rubenesque this never happens. My eye make up stays flawless for at least 8 hours. I have cycled into work (40 min journey) in 32 degree heat and my eye make up remains pristine! Now if I could just find something that could erase the shine from my t-zone then my world would be perfect(!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly100

Rubenesque is a peachy coral, almost pinkish gold colour in the jar. swatched, and on the skin, it applies as lots of little tightly-packed speckles.
i originally purchased this, in hopes of it being a coral sister to 'Indianwood' paint pot. this is really not the case! Indianwood is condensed, metallic and opaque, and i can wear that as an eyeshadow. this is translucent, speckley and i can not wear this as an eyeshadow. when i tried to build this up heavily, with a flat brush, it started to flake off! Rubenesque really disappointed me because it was not what i expected, but now it permanently lives in my make-up bag.
here's why; i discovered that applying this with my ring finger all over my lid and lower lid, (just built up enough to show up, but not to look opaque), gives the most beautiful, delicate golden warm glimmer that gives any eyeshadow a more textured, warm glow. in my opinion, this particular paint pot is truly meant as a base. it really gives a new dimension to eyeshadow. if you love warm colours on your eyes, then this is one for you. and it's funny, because although i originally hated this in comparison to paint pots that could be used as more stable eye colours, this turned out to be a much more versatile buy, because i use it almost every day with any eyeshadow.
i used this for a while, as a primer, but then noticed that while my eyeshadow wasn't creasing, my bottom lashline would become more easily smeared throughout the day. so i now use this with UDPP underneath and i also find that using that enhances the colour and performance of Rubenesque anyway.
Rubenesque was an accidental love for me, and also it seems, an accidental staple too!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE my rubenesque paint pot with some Mac expensive pink over top. It really makes my green eyes pop.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

I really wanted to like Rubenesque. Such a pretty and rich rose-gold. Looks amazing in the pot and swatches beautifully. But on the lid, there were large particles of shimmer that didn't look smooth enough to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by laurastlions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore Rubenesque! A few months ago, my friend had bought some stuff from MAC and I asked her what I she thought I should buy... I told her that I wanted an eyeshadow. She told me to go look at the paintpots so I went on the MAC website and looked at the colors. I thought that Bare Study was pretty, but would be too light on my skintone and the other color that I was interested in was Rubenesque. I briefly remembered hearing about an amazing paintpot called Rubenesque from Juicystar07 on youtube and I decided to go to the MAC store. I bought the paintpot in Rubenesque.
I'm glad I did! It is so easy to put on this paintpot, all you do is swirl your finger in it and blend/pat it onto your eyelids. It has a very creamy, moist texture and its really easy to build up the pigmentation depending to your taste. I have tanned skin, sort of on the darker side and was worried that Rubenesque would look to pink on my skin but it shows up as a beautiful gold with shimmer. This looks amazing with a little bit of black eyeliner on the top and a volumizing mascara- perfect for the summer. The only thing I don't really like is the price... It would be nice if it was a little cheaper but there is a lot of product in the jar, so I know I can use it for a long time. I have heard other people complain about dropping the jar and then it chipped, but this has never happened to me. I like the slightly heavy packaging and modern black lid. Overall, I love this! I'm so happy I bought it and it makes my brown eyes stand out and look good.