December 22, 2014 | 848 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by sjholt13

So pretty and princessesque. I use it every day under my brow for that glow and lift

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bare Study is a pretty gold pink duochrome shimmer that brings light to my eyes. I had a hell of a time blending out the edges at first, but I've found that throwing a powder crease color on is easier than attempting to blend out the Paint Pot. So many shadows work well for this (warm, cool, peaches, purples, browns, etc.) that I can bring new life to Bare Study very easily. My current favorite combination is: Bare Study all over lid and through crease, Makeup Geek Unexpected on outer corner, Urban Decay Toasted in crease, MAC Naked Lunch on lid. Best application method I've found includes patting and blending across the lid with a fluffy brush. You will likely need to use a primer underneath to keep it from creasing.

Pros:
* lovely, complex shimmer
* sheer but buildable
* creamy application
* lightens the eyes
* versatile with many color families
* very generous amount of product
* long-lasting

Cons:
* needs primer
* needs to be stored upside-down to stay creamy
* edges can be difficult to blend out

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by GraetzAnni3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find that eye shadow moves around and creases a lot on my eyelids so when I heard about people using the MAC paint pots and it not creasing I was really excited to try it. However, I find that it does crease after wearing it all day so I wasn't overly impressed. I really love the colour and the slight shimmer though so I still wear it. It just means i have to blend the crease back out once or twice a day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am SO glad I finally purchase this... After 6 paint pots bought, I finally got this one. A keeper! I can now rock some eyeshadows I was putting aside!

My two favorites looks at the moment:
Bare study all over the lid with Club e/s in the outer lid and the crease.
Bare study all over the lid with Expensive pink e/s in the center of the lid.

I will definetly repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by lizzobee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff!! Eye shadow always, always creased on my eyelids and drove me crazy. I heard great things about these paint pots and finally decided to pay a little extra $$ and try one out. At first I applied it with a brush but I actually find it applies smoother and more easily with my pinky finger. It stays on all day, never creases, and still looks fab at the end of the day! This one has a little shimmer to it. I like more of a "natural" look so I just use one swipe of this before applying mascara to brighten my eyes a little. It has lasted me forever (one year and I'm not even half-way through). I'd recommend trying it out at the store just to make sure you like the color against your skin tone, but otherwise, go for it! Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by samii7nzs

I love this eye shadow!!! I love the colour, I have fair skin so it help bring out my eyes. its not a cakey texture its perfect you can appy it with a brush or even ur fingertips. I personally use this as a base on its own.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by GirlyRunnerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this on in the store. I wanted something to wear as an all over lid color. This is too glittery and washes my olive skin tone out. I got rubanesque instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by runwayartist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The perfect shimmery beige eyeshadow for everyday. I love using it all over my top lid instead of an eyeshadow as it stays in its place all day long and the color is as vibrant as the first minute. Paint pots are commonly used as a base for eyeshadows, and bare study is perfect to use as such, especially for shimmery eyeshadows (matte won't be so matte as the shimmers from the paint pot will be visible).
Also, the 5g you get in the jar will last forever! I've had mine for about 3 years and I just hit pan. I'll definitely repurchase it when I'll finish it. I also look forward to adding more colors to my collection!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my first MAC product I purchased about 3 years ago (and I still have more than half left). I was told it's like eye primer or light shimmery eye shadow, not sure. I love it as a base because my eye shadows stays on perfectly for all day (no matter of weather) and it does not crease, ever. However, I find it little bit too shimmery and shiny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE! Looks amazing on its own but also GORGEOUS as a base with almost anything. Lights up my eyes, makes me look awake and bright-eyed. Helps powdered shadow last forever. Doesn't crease. A little pricey but totally worth it - it lasts forever, even with near daily use, and doesn't dry out. I will try other paint pots now that I'm so hooked on this one.