September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Altaire - Eye Contour Cream

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by prettythings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was given this product as a gift and have been generally pleased with its performance. This product effectively moisturized the delicate skin around my eye area without causing irritation. It did not however reduce the appearance of puffiness or dark circles as stated on the package. I also don't think it reduced the appearance of any existing fine lines. Honestly, I don't know of any OTC eye creams that deliver the results that they claim. But I found that it did moisturize well and didn't interfere with the application of under eye concealer or foundation as some products do. I am hopeful that this product may offer preventative benefits as well.
The full name of this product is:
Anti-Aging Intensive Treatment Eye Contour Cream
It is made by:
Altaire Paris
The size is .5 FL. OZ.
It comes in an attractive pump bottle. While the pump style bottle is certainly more hygenic than a jar I find alot of product is wasted. I find myself trying to dig out the remainder of the product with a Q-tip.
The ingredients are:
Aqua, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Glycerin Sterate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutane, Peg-100 Sterate, Isoceytl Sterate, Distarch Phosphate, Cyclomethicone, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Sorbitan Stearate, Arachidyl Propionate, Polysorbate 60, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Disostearyl Dimerdilinoleate, Phenoxylethanol Propolene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Meythlparaban, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethiconol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Urea, Retinyl Palmate, Hirudinea Extract, Sodium Hyluronate, DNA, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Potasium Sorbate
In the United States this product is only sold at BJ's Wholesale Club.
The MSRP is $55 but BJ's sells it for $25.
I did test the other products in Altaire's line by borrowing my MIL's trial kit. This is the only product of the line I would consider using. The other product were too rich and heavy for my combination skin and the floral scent was too overpowering. I think this line would be great for someone with over 40 dry, mature, aging skin. The eye cream lasted me about six months with once daily application. I probably won't repurchase this product because of the price and I really need to find an eye product that moisturizes as well as depuffs. I do think its worth a try though if you can find it.
Update: My MIL told me that BJ's is now selling this eye cream for $9.99.