December 20, 2014 | 1222 users online

Cleansers - California Baby - Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This is ment for super sensitive skin but it not good it dries the skin and does not clean the skin at all. The only good thing is it slightly foams up and does not sting the eyes. If you apply lotion moisturizers/creams or sunscreen on your child this may not clean it off. Also it is not good for eczema it will make it worse because it dries out the skin more you use it. Plus those with super sensitive skin should not uses this as a face wash it does not clean well.It just cause the skin to become super dry and if you have any skin problems it may cause the problem to flare up.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by mkmkmkmkmk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this during a severe eczema flare up, and I wanted to see if any of my regular soaps or shampoos were to blame. At the least I hoped that this would be a gentler alternative. I use it as a facial cleanser, body wash and shampoo.

For one, they don't sell this brand in Canada, so I had to pick it up at Target on a day trip across the border. It wasn't too pricey, but definitely more than I usually pay for a small-ish amount of shampoo (about $11 for 8.5oz).

Secondly, it didn't really help my skin at all, which of course was a sign that my eczema was pretty severe, so it's not the product's fault. Because it's a liquid soap and not solid, it did sting a little on broken skin, but it didn't necessarily make my skin worse. However, it also didn't make my hair feel clean when used as a shampoo.

This product is probably best for who it's made for: babies and small children, and maybe anyone with regular skin sensitivities, but not for adult atopic eczema.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite natural body wash. It leaves me feeling clean but not at all dry. There is no fragrance which is a plus since I have allergies. I have even used this on my face with no problems even though I'm really sensitive and have rosacea. It's pricey but worth every penny. I've found that Target is the cheapest: 19 oz. For about $18.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by kaldkald

This turned out to be too harsh for my hair, which is wavy, very fine, and thinning. It cleaned more throughly than any shampoo I've used, but dried out my hair after a week or so of use. Also, although it's sulfate-free, I think it was making me lose more hair during the shower because so much scrubbing was necessary with the thin shampoo consistency. I can see it being great for many people, but for very fine hair and a delicate scalp, it may cleanse too well.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Megsaroo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have pretty sensitive skin, so when I started buying this for my infant son, I figured I would give it a try as a facial cleanser and shampoo as well. I used it on and off for about six months and have had some very mixed results.

My hair is a little longer than shoulder length, wavy, very fine with the bottom half previously bleached, but now light brown. After using the shampoo, I felt like my hair was definitely healthier and softer and the previously bleached part wasn't fading as much. However, I did notice that I had to wash my hair more often (now every other day). I did still have to condition my hair though - you won't be able to skip it with this. Then I noticed that along my hairline on my neck, I was getting big pimples and whiteheads.

As a facial cleanser, this worked fairly well (to be honest, as a new mom, I was using it off and on - my skincare regime definitely suffered during those sleep-deprived first days) and it left my skin soft and clean (even managed to wash off my Bare Minerals makeup with ease). However, around 6 months (when I was getting better about taking care of my skin) I started noticing my skin was breaking out worse than it ever did when I was a teenager. I thought it was my post-partum hormones changing and started washing my face more (2x a day) and behold, my face was getting even worse (we're talking full-fledged acne by this point - all over my face).

Distraught, I came and read reviews on here and saw that someone else found that it made them breakout - but several months after starting to use it. I immediately changed both my shampoo and facial cleanser and low and behold, the pimples along my hairline on my neck and my acne went away. Like the other reviewer, I'm guessing it just took awhile for it to buildup on my skin.

Though for me I'd give it a 1, for my son it works really well - I'm guessing because he doesn't have the same oils and his skin doesn't need to be exfoliated like an adult's does, so I'm giving it a 5 for him (and an overall 3 for both of us). So while I could use it in a pinch - I'll never use this on my face/hair more than a couple times again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by sparkleandshine79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had a kinda love/hate relationship w/this over the yrs. I haven't found anything that's as available and doesn't irritate my skin. I know they reformulated this once before, and I looked at the bottle my boyfriend got the other day (the label has changed), and compared it to the old label. It looks like they moved some ingredients around a bit, took out some (salix alba (willow bark), tocopherol (vit. E) & capryloyl glycine and undecylenoyl glycine (preservative/amino acids), added hydrolyzed quinoa protein, xanthan gum USP, phytic acid (rice origin), gluconolactone (sourced from Non-GMO corn) and sodium benzoate. I think I might like this better than the last formula (wish they would state on bottle though that they reformulated, especially for people who might have a corn allergy, they are out there). I do like the new bottle design(more functional) & graphics (not so boring). I use this as a face wash, bodywash & shampoo. I think w/the reformulation that it's not as drying of a formula. Time will tell what I think of it though. It usually takes me a good month of tryin somethin to know for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by warsawgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a shampoo for my kids (6 and 3) for a while, and the search goes on. The girl child has very sensitive skin, and both have hair that is part super curly and part straight. Fun times! I bought this shampoo on a friend's recommendation, and had been using it off and on as a body wash for a few months. It's tear-free, which helps with the inevitable "water in the eye" shrieking. However! Two days ago I washed their hair with this and yikes! My son's hair stood up like dry grass at the end of the summer, while my daughter's hair went straggly/tangly/pouffy. I have no idea what ingredient in there dried out their hair, but I won't be using it again anywhere near their white-blond locks. And the search for a tear-free non-stripping shampoo continues... any suggestions? we've tried Burt's Bees, Yes! to Carrots, Nature's Baby -- best so far, J&J, and Little Twig. Maybe I'm expecting too much, or maybe I just don't know what their hair needs (mine is super straight and fine).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stumbled upon this product by accident because I was staying with a friend who had a baby... and I ran out of face wash. For shame. I checked out the ingredients and decided to try this, and to my surprise, I love it! I don't think it's going to replace my regular face wash, but I think I might pick up a bottle to travel with since it can be used as shampoo too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually use this to clean my makeup brushes every week. It is FANTASTIC for that purpose! Removes every last bit of left over foundation, eye shadow, etc off the brushes, while being extremely gently (no bristles have fallen out yet!) :) After years of using Johnson&Johnson to clean my brushes, I am pleased to have found this very comparable, but MUCH more natural alternative. I haven't tried this as a body wash or shampoo, but perhaps I may in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I need a non-sulfate shampoo for my fragile hair and since my last one ahd the formual changed I have been searching for a new one. I like this because it is gentle and fragrance free. The line is cute, though a little over-priced. It actually foams up nicer than most non-sulfates too. As a body wsh I wish it were more moisturizing.
UPDATE: I have become really impressed with this as a cleanser for my face. Dove soap now dries out my skin, but this stuff keeps it from flaking, so I have switched to using this for my face. It has quite a bit of aloe in it and really helps to moisturize and calm.