November 24, 2014 | 1797 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Curl Fusion Ionic Styler

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent hair dyer for curly hair. It is gentle and dries curls without any frizzing. My only issue is that it takes a long time to dry really thick or long hair. But this seems to be the norm with these type of hair dryers. One of my complaints is that the new gentle air dryers aren't as sturdy as the older models from back in the day. I have a Belson 'Gentle Air' dyer that I purchased from a thrift store for $10 that is sturdier. I purchased the Conair Fusion for my niece so that she could have her own. After seeing how shiny it left her hair, I purchased one for myself. Using the same products, same wash method etc. my hair does come out noticeably shiner when I use the fusion dryer. Aside from the sturdiness factor, it's def a worthwhile purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by shellynot

I absolutely love this hair dryer, and I have never had luck with hair dryers before. I have thick, naturally curly hair. Everytime I have used a regular hair dryer with a diffuser, I was left with huge frizz and undefined curls. This dryer is so gentle and perfect for curly hair. The diffuser part works just like it should--half the air is blown out the sides to reduce frizz. I also find the shape of it extremely convenient because I blow dry with my head upside down for volume, and the handle is perfect for that!!

This hairdryer gives me great curl definition and volume, and I recommend it to anyone with curly hair who is frustrated with "normal" hair dryers!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by gatinha321

I can't believe my crummy luck with hair dryers lately. My old pistol style 1600 watt dryer caught fire last week on the morning of my brother's wedding (nice timing). I had to hold my bowl diffuser on my mom's dryer, which had a wider barrel than I'm used to, because my diffuser didn't fit it. I've been having horrible hair days since then. I bought this tonight because I'd seen the ads on naturallycurly.com and had already been disappointed with the Revlon Tourmaline Ionic dryer rv544 model (see my review for that). The price was ok, I paid $24 USD at Walgreens. But was terribly disappointed when I got it out of the box. The dryer was really small!! The diffuser itself, which fits over the "flat" dryer, is about the size of a round frozen waffle and has no sides, which is something I like about my bowl diffuser. The sides of my bowl diffuser help shape my hair. With this, my hair didn't form well . It was like I was blowing my hair with a slightly large bristle brush because it had all these nice little fingers (the only feature I did like about this whole thing. The more diffuser fingers, the better, IMO). I need a larger surface area than I get with this model. I don't have time to dry each individual section of my hair. I thought this would make my life easier. Ha! The other thing that really upset me was that the air blowing from the dryer itself was too much for my hair. I was blown all over the place. It's got fewer watts specifically so it won't blow your hair with the force of a tornado running through it. Maybe someone who has thicker hair than mine wouldn't mind but I was infuriated. And if you use the cold button, the air blows even more forcefully. Huge thumbs down on this one for me, but your mileage may vary. Update 2-12-08: Ok, I was really harsh on this drier. I never ended up returning this. I've been using this every time I style my hair and have been pretty happy with the results. There was a learning curve for me at first since I'm used to a bowl but I find this to be pretty effective at defining my curls. Again, I think they should split the button lengthwise into 2 buttons and that one side should be temperature control and the other speed, with low, medium, and high settings. All in all, I'm pretty pleased and will add a a couple lippies giving this 4 lippies instead of 1.