September 2, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Fruit Spritzers Gloss- all colors

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

I really like these little tube glosses. A couple of times I've been at the store and bought another brand, forgetting that these are the One True Tube Gloss... wow, what a terrible difference. Unlike most others, these are moisturizing, not sticky/tacky, and apply nicely. They aren't as pigmented as some wand glosses, but because of the smoothness and the well-designed angle applicator, they're great to have in my bag when I'm on the go -- mirror-free touch-up time. The only downside might be the flavours; if the colour you like is a flavour you don't like, well, you're out of luck. I think it's silly to vary the flavours by colour. However, I've been lucky that the colours I prefer are okay flavours as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros: medium amount of pigment with shimmer that isn't too glittery, very moisturising. Although the product could be in a lipgloss cylinder with a wand, I like the applicator.
Cons: the smell! All the light colours smell like melon, which I hate. And the darker colours smell like synthetic caramel. I think the only thing I would change about this gloss is the smell. I wish the smells would match their names -- the candy apple should smell like candy apple instead of melon-caramel. I also wish the smell were less strong and chemically. Fortunately the smell doesn't last all day, but the initial burst of melon is enough to make application of this product not enjoyable.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by nic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Blackberry Splash

Cons - tube applicator is a bit messy and not easily applied without a mirror. Smell - this one is a caramel/overly sweet smell. I prefer MAC's vanilla scented gloss by comparison. Finally it doesn't wear for very long before the colour fades. That said...

Pros- lovely plummy colour, incredibly moisturizing even after the gloss appears to have worn off you can feel it moisturizing your lips. Most glosses (including MAC alas) dry my lips so badly I am peeling off flakes of skin by the following day. Not so with this product. Inexpensive and moisturizing so I will repurchase despite the smell and lack of pigment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by SoSleepy

Awesome lip glosses! I currently own guava, watermelon, papaya and plum and love each and every one of them. Guava gives a very slight light pink tint, watermelon a pretty berry pink tint, papaya a slight coral tint and plum a very noticeable shimmery mauve-plum tint. They all smell delicious, have just a hint of sweet fruity taste and give a nice glossy finish. They're also by far the most moisturizing lip glosses I've ever used. Two thumbs up and will definitely repurchase. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried a few flavors:

Lemon: I liked the flavor. Very close to a lemon Starburst. Gives a sheer gloss.

Watermelon: This one I LOVED the flavor of. Pretty much that typical faux sugary watermelon taste that is amazing. The color actually showed up a bit on this one.

Guava: I liked this one the least. It tasted close to the watermelon but had a chemical something to it that I wasn't liking. Gives a sheer gloss.

All flavors only lasted for about an hour which was disappointing. But I wasn't expecting them to last all day either. They were a little sticky but not so much when they faded.

Overall these are okay glosses. I think they are a little too expensive (should be $3 not $5) but if you get them on sale and go for a darker color they are worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Lisaxox425

i gave this product a 1 bc it smells good..its super super sheer hardly any color and last for maybe 10 minutes, i will never buy it again ughhhhh! i was sad too lol

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2008 3:38:00 AM More reviews by aideka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

(I have this in Watermelon.) The color is very sheer- almost non-existant. It does have some shimmer, but it is VERY subtle and no problem for me (as I hate shimmer and glitter in make-up.) It tastes like Jolly Rancher and smells light and fruit-y, though not exactly watermelon-y. Overall, this has no real pigment. I think it's mainly oil (rubbed some on a piece of paper & it turned clear), but it does feel moisturizing. It's a fun product, but not for those looking for color.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by stephmerchant

At first (about 2 months ago) I tried a pinkish strawberry flavored variety of this product it tasted good and that was great. A few days later I developed a rash with small bumps on my lips, but I had consumed a new food and couldn't single the lip gloss out as the cause of the rash. A few days ago I had some time to spend and dropped in to CVS while buying another product they had that buy one get one half or free deal going on so I decided to give it another try and purchased strawberry splash. I tried it on that night and well to be honest the product its self is poor in the fact that it goes on clear regardless of the color. (in both colors) The next day I found my lips tingly which I felt was strange but ignored, a few hours into the day I started to develop drainage around my lips, this is day two and it has not subsided and can only be attributed to an allergic reaction as I am in good health. I am not a sensitive person in regard to chemicals or allergens and have never had an allergic reaction in my life, and a fan of lip gloss and this has never happened before. The packaging has no ingredient information, nor the website, and after perusing online I still have no clue what is in this stuff.

So above all
For taste 5
For color 0 (the stuff is clear, but yes shiny)
For creepy mystery ingredients that make
an insensitive skinned person breakout 0

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by lola108

I LOVE these lipglosses. I have a couple and I wear them all the time. They smell amazing, unlike some of those other lipglosses that have a nasty smell. They aren't thick and sticky or gooey either. The color is really sheer and pretty. These lipglosses are great if you want a natural look and just want to add a little color and shine to your lips. I will continue to use this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by bailersfolica

These fruit spritzers are all basically clear. I've tried the darker colors and the lighter colors, but they ALL GO ON CLEAR. These are waayyy too sheer. Another negative to these lip glosses is that there is BARELY any shine at all, and it hardly lasts long. Boo.