October 21, 2014 | 1800 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Cassyray123

This was on sale for 1.50 and i thought id give it a try since it was so incredibly cheap.
The packaging is really attractive; with a blue tube and silver lettering to give it that "high quality" look.
when i opened the mascara, i noticed a chemical smell, comparable to nail polish remover.

Pros:
It did not clump my lashes AT ALL.
-Added decent legnth to my lashes
-Got it really cheap
-Cute packaging
-Waterproof, which for me is a must in the fall time (allergies)

CONS :
~It added little to no volume nor thickness to my lashes.
~The brush is soft, flexible bristles while i strive for plastic, stiff ones
~kind of difficult to get off

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by jackz7510

I always look for volumising power when I use a mascara and also for the mascara to hold curls. I've tried numerous drugstore mascaras from different drugstore brands and whilst I've been very lucky finding mascaras that give my lashes the volume I want, I've found none that hold the curls up all day :( until I used this mascara! Unfortunately it doesn't add as much volume on my lashes as some of the other ones I've tried but my lashes stay curled all day long when I wear this! I even wore this out waiting in the rain and I was so scared that the mascara would run but when I got to a mirror, nothing. Didn't smudge or move at all. Not clumpy or flakey for me either. I also don't find this hard to remove too (I use body lotion and tissues to get mascara off because it personally works for me!) I think my eyelashes are the type that can't handle too-heavy mascara formulas so when I try one out that has really good volumising power, the curls don't hold because the formula is too heavy. I wouldn't use this for formal events because it doesn't volumise my lashes enough but I love this for everyday use! Recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ladybugx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not the kind of person who is very loyal to a mascara and sticks with using the same one. I have tried various brands, and I keep hearing people say how much they love the Maybelline mascaras. I have had some in the past (5 years ago I would think, can't remember which they were anymore) and they were okay, but I was never impressed by them.

They had this mascara on sale for a fraction of the price, so I decided to give it a go.

My two big problems are the following:
- I can't apply it without it smudging on my top eyelid. I don't know if it is the size of the brush, the shape, maybe I am doing something wrong, but I need to be extremely careful when applying it if I don't want to re-do the entire eye make-up I'm wearing that day.
- It is very difficult to remove. I have tried both a make-up remover from the Nivea Naturals collection and the Bioderma one, and I can feel that my lashes still have product on them. This has never happened with any mascara I have used before (e.g. L'oreal Telescopic, which I was using right before this one). I also go with my daily cleanser all around my face, but not specifically my eyes. I just wake up every morning with mascara flakes around my eyes, eww.

I also didn't sense a dramatic look, it just wasn't anything special.

Advantages:
- lasts all day
- doesn't smudge, or budge or flake
- very black
- waterproof
- comfortable for contact lens wearers

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by indahramadhani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

i looooove this mascara, it works better and keep my lashes in place and did not smudge at all,, :)). easy to apply even in ur lower lashes, it's waterproof and easy to remove by using makeup remover or olive oil, ,,, overall i realy like this mascara, my HG and very recommended. surely will repurchase it again..

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Sweets509

I didn't really like this mascara, it doesn't give any volume or length...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by TheSnowPrincess

HG mascara definitly <3

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by lilyofthevalley47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This beats Maybelline's Full N Soft by FAR. My lashes seem to work better with the more classic brush wands like the one this has. The wand seems shorter than most, which I think helps with my application of this. The mascara can be a little clumpy at first, but you just have to keep running over and separating. Very waterproof, classy packaging - I would def buy this if I ever needed a reliable thing for my lashes on-the-go or something. The formula is dry (which I like), but just something to keep in mind. Good mascara. Not so great for the bottom lashes as it is clumpy

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by mchammer87

Being a general fan of Maybelline mascaras, I decided to give this product a try and was thoroughly disappointed. My eyelashes are fine, and this mascara made them incredibly clumpy. I'm not sure whether this was because of the brush or the mascara itself, but it looked terrible. Using an eyelash brush didn't help either. This is one of the few mascaras I definitely would NOT repurchase or recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by ashleym04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very Black was Gray? ~ I have used L'Oreal Voluminous mascara for 15 years and have been in love with it. Recently, I had to start wearing a prescription sunscreen so my skin is now more oily than it would be normally. I noticed that my precious Voluminous had started smudging on my bottom lashes ..so I tried the Volum Express Waterproof instead .. first thing I noticed is that their "Very Black" is very lightly pigmented and is almost gray on the brush? It was no comparison to the L'Oreal Voluminous .. the coverage is thinner and lighter and I had to use 2 times the amount to barely get some color on my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by BUBBY12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a mediocre mascara, and I would recommend this to beginners in makeup, because this is a simple all around decent mascara. But it does smudge underneath my eyes and it doesn't hold the curl that well. Overall, I would repurchase again (it's $5 at target) but only after looking for some better drugstore mascaras.