I love this cheek stain! I've had it for about 2 months and I use it every time I wear makeup.
- Nice color selection
- Can be worn sheer for a natural look or can be layered for a more intense color
- Smells delicious
- Can double as a lip stain
- Natural slightly dewy finish (this could be a con for some people)
- Large amount of product
- Fun colored push pop-esque packaging with a tight sealing lid
- Stays on my face all day
- It IS a little sticky during application and a few minutes after before it sets (but then it lasts all day)
- Pricey ~ $30 for full size, but you get a lot of product
- Lots of product means the packaging is sort of big and that might be an issue for some people
- Works best with no base makeup, but still looks nice with it if you do wear it
- If you do wear TM, BB cream, Foundation, or powder makeup, I recommend putting the cheek stain on before everything OR put on base makeup, then use the cheek stain, and finish with powder if that's what you like to do
- I apply the cheek stain just by placing it on my cheek and blending the product with my fingers but it can be applied with a sponge or brush as well
I've had this for quite a while with everyday use on my cheeks and lips and it looks like I haven't used any product and just bought it! So if you're having trouble justifying the $30 price tag, I would go for it! I'm really glad I did. :)
Wow!! After much lusting over reviews and blogs I ordered this from Sephora and I am not disappointed. Now I know what all of the fuss is about! I umm'd and aaaah'd over which color to get and I am so glad that I chose blissful. This really does make me look like I have caught the sun, it is subtle enough to look natural and yet has enough pigmentation to show on the skin and give a healthy glow. Also, my skin is a fan which is great since it is dry and usually rejects all cheek products. I will be ordering more of these, without a doubt. A little on my routine, I apply my jouer tinted moisturizer and dab this on top of my cheeks. I then blend out slightly with my fingers, and I usually reapply once or twice more to build intensity (this being a stain I like to build up instead of going all in with one huge swipe), I haven't found this product disrupts my base and the lasting power is phenomenal. Everyone has their own way, but this is working for me. It stays until you remove it in the evening. Side note, there are no chunks of glitter in this particular formula. My new HG blusher!
I truly love Tarte, but this cheek stain doesn't look very well over liquid nor powder foundation. It kind of sinks into your pores when applied. I love their powder blushes much better as you can really blend them into your skin. Tarte I truly love you, but not this stain!
I want to love this product so bad but I just can't. I will give you the Pros and Cons and you can decided for yourself if it is right for you.
1. Love the "balm" like application.
2. Smells GREAT
3. Looks great when first applied
4. Packaging is so fun looking
5. Lasts FOREVER
1. It's SO expensive
2. Does not go well on oily skin, My cheeks look greasy
3. I like to contour with my favorite bronzer (Clinique True Bronze in Sunkissed) and to me the blush and bronzer don't meet well.
4. It Does not last long. It lasts about an hour maybe 2 If it isn't hot outside.
Overall I will not be buying this product again, I think I will be going back to good old fashioned pressed powder blush. =]
I LOVE this product. The color is perfect for my fair skin and makes my skin look like it's glowing. It's super easy to blend and doesn't fade throughout the day. You can also build up the color pretty easily or just wear a little bit. Only downside is that it's so expensive :(
I was in love with this color, but I'm not in love with the Tarte stains. Although it goes on natural, it is very sticky and wears off easily. I often come home and just want to lie down on the couch or bed, and that is impossible without removing this because it will stick and apply to everything it touches. It never really sinks in. I never made it through even half the product. I didn't like blending it in the morning because it made my fingers all sticky also. I much prefer the more expensive eco RMS' lip/cheek colors to this since they can be applied to lips too and since they aren't sticky.
Pros: natural flush, beautiful shade
Cons: price, sticky, short wear, unnatural ingredients
Absolute dream blush for me. Stays on all day and is the perfect peach flush for my pale to medium skin. I put it on before my setting powder and then tap a little more on with my fingers after the powder. Amazing.
Perfect color for my fair skin.
Long lasting and easy to apply. Goes on smooth and easy to blend.
I've been eyeing the cheek stains for a while, but never really found one that works with my coloring (NC15/C1). My HG blush is Nars Deep Throat, but since I had my first baby, my skin is different and powder blush doesn't really look right for some reason. Bought Blissful on a whim and am in LOVE! It's glow-y but not shimmery/sparkly (not a good look at my age), and doesn't look made up. I look fresh and rested without looking like I tried to wear makeup. Will definitely buy this again. May put one in the diaper bag for travel!
I love this!! It looks so natural and pretty on my fair skin. It lasts through my 12 work days without a touch up. It even looks great without any other make up on my face. It smells great too - like grape fruit. $30 is pricey, but the container is huge & should last over a year so it is a good value. I wish they made it in half sizes though, so I could purchase other shades. Most people will love this!