December 20, 2014 | 921 users online

Moisturizers - Korres - Olive and Rye Night cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A fan of exotic combinations, I have to applaud Korres for their ever experimental, and occasionally left-fielded, ingredient lists. However, appreciation for their creativity aside, their face products generally look and feel like high-end yogurt to me. It doesn't help that the oil and water separated very quickly, making the cream seem expired. The company could really use better quality control. I do like their body butter though.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Wy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in my recent quest for a more "natural" and paraben-free skin care line. Let me start by sayign I would call this a "cream", maybe more like an emulsion. It doesn't really seem to sink in or be absorbed liek a cream or lotion. It kind of sits on the top of your skin more like say an oil than a cream. So this factor alone made me think, well, maybe it's not going to be effective. It seems to do a decent job of moisturizing given this odd consistency, but firming, well...not in my opinion. My epidermal layer is really pretty dry, slick dry. I think this product would work well on someone who's skin hasn't been subjected to say the AHA or glycolic treatments that I've used on mine, but it doesn't so much for me. So, I won't be repurchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by TKLOPS2

I really didn't like the day cream but really liked the night cream. It did go on greasy but in the morning my winter chapped skin was back to normal. I wouldn't use this product during warmer weather but definatly good for the Chicago winters.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried it for a few nights and do NOT like it. It is very heavy and greasy. The smell is horrible too.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Starla4807

It's just ok, not too special. Idk why but I expected it to be miraculous. It stings my eyes when it gets near them and it's very greasy. It sank in a little but still felt like it was just sitting on top of my skin. I'll use up the jar but never repurchase. I do like the scent though!

*EDIT* You know I've been using this more and more lately trying to get rid of it. I've come to the conclusion that it just sucks. It doesn't do aaaannnyyyythiiing for me. The only good thing about it is the scent. Sucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by FLUFFHEAD981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, I have combo skin and yes, it was oily/greasy when I put it on at night. But, when I woke in the morning it had all been absorbed and my skin felt uber-smooth! I just hope that it does not begin to break me out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received a sample with my Sephora purchase. I like the scent (almond oil) but I found this to be too oily for my normal-to-dry skin. I applied at bedtime and it seemed to just sit on my skin. In the morning, most had been absorbed. Do not get it in your eyes because it burns. I'm just using it on my neck until the sample runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by bubblekitten

I really enjoyed the samples i got of this cream-although i agree with other reviewers in that it did go on VERY greasy. But it didnt effect my skin badly, and in the morning my skin felt Lovely and plump-not greasy.

I would repurchase this except FOR THE SCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why oh why does korres have to use these crazy scents?!??? i really hate them all, but thats just me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by melmmo

I got a couple samples of this product and the first time I tried it I was worried because it went on really greasy and I have combo skin with a very oily T-zone. However, I am completely and utterly in love with the scent, my dry cheeks just drank it up, and when I woke up the next morning my skin was so soft. I've used up all my samples despite still being nervous that it seems really greasy. But it just kinda melts onto your skin so you only need to use a tiny bit and it hasn't caused any breakouts (I avoid my nose and hairline, but do apply to my chin where I break out alot and so far so good). So now I'm searching for a full sized product as Sephora is out of stock. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by sheabreaux

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it. I just use a teensy bit on non-oily areas at night and wake up with velvet skin.