The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: aqua, aloe barbadensis, pentylene glycol, butylene glycol, sorbitol, glycerin.

My first experience using this toner was quite awful. First of all my cheeks and neck had red blotches on and then my skin began to feel very textured. I was questioning whether it was the toner(as it is marketed towards peopke with sensitive skin) or something else i had bought from TBS until i read that there had been a change to the toner's formula and that another girl had the same blotchyness when using an aloe vera product. After a few uses i stopped having a reaction on my face but it was still happening on my neck and i have never encounted this with any other toner before so maybe i am just alergic to aloe vera.

on 5/15/2015 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've never used a toner before so I was looking for something simple and I purchased this because it mainly contains aloe vera and glycerine. I apply this toner on a cotton pad at night after I wash my make-up off to remove the last traces of dirt and make-up. It does still leave that tight feeling so I moisturize my skin right after. I'm really glad I purchased it and not a bad price for the amount you get.

on 5/14/2015 9:40:00 AM

Very disappointing! Supposed to be soft and calming - all it did was break me out. I now have a rash all over my face and neck. This is going straight in the bin.

Funny that they call it calming, I'm usually not sensitive to products at all, but this did everything other than calm my skin.

on 4/30/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Unfortunately this mild toner broke me out. I had red bumps all over my cheeks and jaw after using it for two days, morning and night. I also woke up to very oily and shiny forehead in the morning.
It has a sticky consistency which goes away eventually.

I was recommended the Aloe line after the Vitamin E skincare line completely trashed my skin. It took me a while to use it as I needed to use up a bottle of Philosophy's Purity cleanser (that stuff lasts forever!) but when I did, it didn't really amaze me. It's a liquidy texture, not to thick or too watery and I use this in conjunction with the Aloe Gentle Facial Wash and the Aloe Soothing Day Cream. Unlike the other two products, the Aloe toner has a slightly alcoholic scent to me, which is odd since it's alcohol free. It hasn't irritated my skin yet but I probably wouldn't repurchase it simply because there are other toners out there that cost less and do basically the same thing.

on 12/14/2014 5:21:00 AM

I found this toner, as is, too thick and sticky. I mix it half and half with organic rosewater, and it's perfect for my super sensitive skin. (Alone, even the rosewater irritates my skin.) The resulting consistency is thin, like most toners. Very refreshing and my moisturizer goes on much better.

on 12/11/2014 4:05:00 AM

This toner is from TBS Aloe line which is for sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin but I bought this toner anyway bc I wanted a toner with no alcohol in it. It's gentle and non irritating. All other toners I've used made my skin tight and uncomfortable. I will keep on repurchasing.

on 10/23/2014 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have sensitive skin, I have used a few bottles of this because I don't know which other brand is better, not that this one is fantastic. Actually, it did nothing for me, and it flared up my eczema, maybe it is due to all the glycols in the ingredients..

This is my HG toner, and I've been searching so long for one First of all, it's alcohol free which is the main thing I was searching for because most of the toners out there have alcohol in them and that's so irritating to have in something you put on your face. Second of all it lives up to the title of being "calming" I really do feel like it soothes my skin because it helps a lot with my redness which is just a plus along with it being alcohol free, and usually when I first try a new product on my face my face gets a bit irritated at least for the first few times I use it and this didn't at all so I'm confident that super sensitive skin won't have a problem with this toner =) def worth a shot if you have the same expectations of a toner that I have <3

Like the matching cleanser, this is absolutely dreadful. I feel really guilty as I gave this to my daughter to use having found it fairly ineffective on my forties skin, knowing she likes Body Shop products. She is in her early teens with normally good skin. After several days use she is now covered in zits where it clogged her pores. It took us a while to realise it was this garbage causing her spots.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products