January 27, 2015 | 1991 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Aloe Calming Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2015 6:55:00 PM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I was recommended the Aloe line after the Vitamin E skincare line completely trashed my skin. It took me a while to use it as I needed to use up a bottle of Philosophy's Purity cleanser (that stuff lasts forever!) but when I did, it didn't really amaze me. It's a liquidy texture, not to thick or too watery and I use this in conjunction with the Aloe Gentle Facial Wash and the Aloe Soothing Day Cream. Unlike the other two products, the Aloe toner has a slightly alcoholic scent to me, which is odd since it's alcohol free. It hasn't irritated my skin yet but I probably wouldn't repurchase it simply because there are other toners out there that cost less and do basically the same thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by belladodie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this toner, as is, too thick and sticky. I mix it half and half with organic rosewater, and it's perfect for my super sensitive skin. (Alone, even the rosewater irritates my skin.) The resulting consistency is thin, like most toners. Very refreshing and my moisturizer goes on much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by mnprevo

This toner is from TBS Aloe line which is for sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin but I bought this toner anyway bc I wanted a toner with no alcohol in it. It's gentle and non irritating. All other toners I've used made my skin tight and uncomfortable. I will keep on repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by angelia68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin, I have used a few bottles of this because I don't know which other brand is better, not that this one is fantastic. Actually, it did nothing for me, and it flared up my eczema, maybe it is due to all the glycols in the ingredients..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Kellybearxoxo

This is my HG toner, and I've been searching so long for one First of all, it's alcohol free which is the main thing I was searching for because most of the toners out there have alcohol in them and that's so irritating to have in something you put on your face. Second of all it lives up to the title of being "calming" I really do feel like it soothes my skin because it helps a lot with my redness which is just a plus along with it being alcohol free, and usually when I first try a new product on my face my face gets a bit irritated at least for the first few times I use it and this didn't at all so I'm confident that super sensitive skin won't have a problem with this toner =) def worth a shot if you have the same expectations of a toner that I have <3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Like the matching cleanser, this is absolutely dreadful. I feel really guilty as I gave this to my daughter to use having found it fairly ineffective on my forties skin, knowing she likes Body Shop products. She is in her early teens with normally good skin. After several days use she is now covered in zits where it clogged her pores. It took us a while to realise it was this garbage causing her spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best toner I have ever purchased, doesnt tingle or nip on application, doesn't aggravate my extremely sensitive skin, and removes any remaining traces of makeup after cleansing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Recently I decided to make the switch to alcohol-free toners, hoping they would better suit my oily but dehydrated skin. I chose this toner for the "calming" effect, and because it's a favourite of a blogger whose skin is similar to mine.

For what the toner is, it's a little pricey, but on the other hand the Body Shop often holds sales, and I usually wait for one to buy from there. I bought my bottle during a buy-2-get-2 sale, and (along with other, similarly priced items) I payed roughly half of the 12.50CAD it normally is.

Not much is there to be said about the simple but functional packaging. Some will argue that toners are a waste of money, but as a regular wearer of heavy, long-wearing foundation, I rely on them to get rid of the final traces of makeup that I may have missed during washing, and the Aloe Calming Toner does a good job of that, plus it soothes my skin after a day of going around with full coverage makeup or following an AHA treatment. However, it leaves my face shiny and tacky, and this tacky layer sits on my skin with a heavy feeling, which certainly doesn't help with my makeup in terms of longevity. Perhaps this toner is better for drier skin types? I'll continue to use my bottle and will hopefully be rid of it (for good) by summertime, when sticking to lightweight skincare products becomes more important and keeping my face from melting off becomes even tougher of a battle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Perfectbody

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's just a simple basic toner, suits for sensitive skin.
In Thailand,my country, it's quite expensive and I think I could buy other toners which cheaper and better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ellielikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great product for sensitive skin. It gives my skin a healthy glow.

The second ingredient is aloe leave juice. Natural ingredients are best in my book.

It doesn't really have a smell, maybe a very faint chemical smell but it doesn't bother me and it goes away as soon as its on your face.

If you have sensitive skin this is a must try!