The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: aqua, aloe barbadensis, pentylene glycol, butylene glycol, sorbitol, glycerin.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

WORST PRODUCT I'VE EVER TRIED. I bought this because I thought adding a toner to my skin care regimen would be good for me. I look for something natural, alcohol free and calming. I found this and decided to use it and oh my God I wish I could turn back time and not have touched it!!!! I have normal skin, NOT sensitive what so ever! I can honestly say that I can try any product I want and my face will never negatively react to it. It either benefits it or does nothing, but never makes my skin worse. My skin can really take a beating. But this? After about 2 days of use I got this red bumps all over my skin. I almost cried because I've never had problems with my skin! After doing my makeup for work it looked like I was covering up acne. I was so scared and thought my skin would never go back to the way it was. I threw this out immediately. It definitely isn't the aloe vera because I've used aloe vera moisturizers and sun screens and never had a problem. It was only this product. And the body shop keeps deleting my review. DON'T TRY THIS! SAVE YOUR SKIN!

Despite being for sensitive skin and alcohol free, this gave an uncomfortable tingling sensation after applied. After 4 days of use, I broke out really badly so have returned this back.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i would say this is a really good toner for the body shop since i have a sensitive skin , but someime it make some acno i didn't know its because of the product of its just me , but still its exhausted if i had some acne because of this , but overall i'm fine with this toner so far , and i finishing half of the bottle , maybe i would repurchase this , but if i find another sensitve skin toner i would definitely go to another product .

My first experience using this toner was quite awful. First of all my cheeks and neck had red blotches on and then my skin began to feel very textured. I was questioning whether it was the toner(as it is marketed towards peopke with sensitive skin) or something else i had bought from TBS until i read that there had been a change to the toner's formula and that another girl had the same blotchyness when using an aloe vera product. After a few uses i stopped having a reaction on my face but it was still happening on my neck and i have never encounted this with any other toner before so maybe i am just alergic to aloe vera.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've never used a toner before so I was looking for something simple and I purchased this because it mainly contains aloe vera and glycerine. I apply this toner on a cotton pad at night after I wash my make-up off to remove the last traces of dirt and make-up. It does still leave that tight feeling so I moisturize my skin right after. I'm really glad I purchased it and not a bad price for the amount you get.

Very disappointing! Supposed to be soft and calming - all it did was break me out. I now have a rash all over my face and neck. This is going straight in the bin.

Funny that they call it calming, I'm usually not sensitive to products at all, but this did everything other than calm my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Unfortunately this mild toner broke me out. I had red bumps all over my cheeks and jaw after using it for two days, morning and night. I also woke up to very oily and shiny forehead in the morning.
It has a sticky consistency which goes away eventually.

I was recommended the Aloe line after the Vitamin E skincare line completely trashed my skin. It took me a while to use it as I needed to use up a bottle of Philosophy's Purity cleanser (that stuff lasts forever!) but when I did, it didn't really amaze me. It's a liquidy texture, not to thick or too watery and I use this in conjunction with the Aloe Gentle Facial Wash and the Aloe Soothing Day Cream. Unlike the other two products, the Aloe toner has a slightly alcoholic scent to me, which is odd since it's alcohol free. It hasn't irritated my skin yet but I probably wouldn't repurchase it simply because there are other toners out there that cost less and do basically the same thing.

I found this toner, as is, too thick and sticky. I mix it half and half with organic rosewater, and it's perfect for my super sensitive skin. (Alone, even the rosewater irritates my skin.) The resulting consistency is thin, like most toners. Very refreshing and my moisturizer goes on much better.

This toner is from TBS Aloe line which is for sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin but I bought this toner anyway bc I wanted a toner with no alcohol in it. It's gentle and non irritating. All other toners I've used made my skin tight and uncomfortable. I will keep on repurchasing.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products