October 21, 2014 | 982 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Aloe Calming Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Kellybearxoxo

This is my HG toner, and I've been searching so long for one First of all, it's alcohol free which is the main thing I was searching for because most of the toners out there have alcohol in them and that's so irritating to have in something you put on your face. Second of all it lives up to the title of being "calming" I really do feel like it soothes my skin because it helps a lot with my redness which is just a plus along with it being alcohol free, and usually when I first try a new product on my face my face gets a bit irritated at least for the first few times I use it and this didn't at all so I'm confident that super sensitive skin won't have a problem with this toner =) def worth a shot if you have the same expectations of a toner that I have <3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Like the matching cleanser, this is absolutely dreadful. I feel really guilty as I gave this to my daughter to use having found it fairly ineffective on my forties skin, knowing she likes Body Shop products. She is in her early teens with normally good skin. After several days use she is now covered in zits where it clogged her pores. It took us a while to realise it was this garbage causing her spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best toner I have ever purchased, doesnt tingle or nip on application, doesn't aggravate my extremely sensitive skin, and removes any remaining traces of makeup after cleansing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Recently I decided to make the switch to alcohol-free toners, hoping they would better suit my oily but dehydrated skin. I chose this toner for the "calming" effect, and because it's a favourite of a blogger whose skin is similar to mine.

For what the toner is, it's a little pricey, but on the other hand the Body Shop often holds sales, and I usually wait for one to buy from there. I bought my bottle during a buy-2-get-2 sale, and (along with other, similarly priced items) I payed roughly half of the 12.50CAD it normally is.

Not much is there to be said about the simple but functional packaging. Some will argue that toners are a waste of money, but as a regular wearer of heavy, long-wearing foundation, I rely on them to get rid of the final traces of makeup that I may have missed during washing, and the Aloe Calming Toner does a good job of that, plus it soothes my skin after a day of going around with full coverage makeup or following an AHA treatment. However, it leaves my face shiny and tacky, and this tacky layer sits on my skin with a heavy feeling, which certainly doesn't help with my makeup in terms of longevity. Perhaps this toner is better for drier skin types? I'll continue to use my bottle and will hopefully be rid of it (for good) by summertime, when sticking to lightweight skincare products becomes more important and keeping my face from melting off becomes even tougher of a battle.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Perfectbody

It's just a simple basic toner, suits for sensitive skin.
In Thailand,my country, it's quite expensive and I think I could buy other toners which cheaper and better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ellielikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great product for sensitive skin. It gives my skin a healthy glow.

The second ingredient is aloe leave juice. Natural ingredients are best in my book.

It doesn't really have a smell, maybe a very faint chemical smell but it doesn't bother me and it goes away as soon as its on your face.

If you have sensitive skin this is a must try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a lovely toner. It's alcohol, paraben, perfume and artificial color free. It has very few ingredients, which is a good thing in my book. It's very mild, non-irritating, calming and slighly moisturizing. This is the first toner that made it to my daily routine. I do notice a difference in my skin if I skip this. Overall it just helps balance out my skin and it makes my skin look more even. I'm very pleased with this product and I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't used many brands for toners but because I have such highly sensitive skin, and I do love the Body Shop products, I gave this a go. This has to be one of the best toners that I am able to use on my skin without it reacting. The toner doesn't have a scent and does not feel harsh on the skin. It leaves a clean feeling and it's quite gentle. I would recommend this for anyone who has sensitive skin like mine. My skin type would generally break out in rashes almost when it irritates, and I love that this does its job and leaves my skin so soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Usually I use toners as an extra step in my skin care routine. I expect my skin to feel super clean and refreshed after toner, however this particular Aloe toner leaves with rather sticky feeling skin.I don't like it, and it doesn't seem to calm down redness.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im surprised this broke me out after ONE USE. I have clogged pores al over my face. This had so few ingredients... Im... surprised. Another 12 dollars down the drain. I hate that. AGH!!!!!!!