July 29, 2014 | 2026 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Passion Fruit Smoothie

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by allmyfriendsarecowboys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This isn't the greatest shampoo/conditioner duo that money can buy but for 87 cents it's pretty good. It smells wonderful, is very moisturizing (at least for me) and kept my frizzies down to a minimum. My only complaint is that the shampoo left a weird almost sticky residue behind but when I followed up with the conditoner it was fine and my hair was silky! This was a decent product and I probably will purchase again. I might try another scent next time though just to mix things up.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by orchestrated19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As much as I wanted to like this shampoo, I didn't. I was really really hoping that by reading good reviews that it would work for me. Not to mention it's so friggin' cheap! Alas, I was disappointed. I have very thick hair that becomes frizzy easily, and it didn't seem to be able to tame my frizz as much as I would have liked. In fact, it didn't seem to help the frizz whatsoever. As good as it smells it just didn't do anything for me. I will probably use it again just so I don't let it go to waste, but not enthusiastically.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by french_flower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually buy Vo5's strawberries & cream shampoo/conditioner, as a cheap set to keep over at my boyfriend's house. This time though, I decided to mix things up a bit - by trying a different scent, this scent. Bad idea! While the strawberry has a wonderful scent, the passion fruit scent seems fake and chemical-y, to me. It reminds me of furniture or floor cleaner. Ugh. I am looking forward to finishing the bottle and returning to the strawberries & cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Fragranceluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like that this shampoo lathers enough to clean, but doesn't strip too much of my natural scalp oil. It's usually inevitable for hair to be stripped after shampooing (which is why conditioning afterward is a must), but using this shampoo I can actually feel moisture after washing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I hadn't used any VO5 products since I graduated from college and could actually afford something that wasn't dirt cheap - turns out I've been throwing money away!

For a basic shampoo, this is a great option. Smells wonderful, lathers well, isn't overly drying. What's not to love?

I only gave it four stars because the name is a bit misleading - it would be a stretch to call this a "moisturizing" shampoo. It's great for normal hair, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by skeletonpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't expect to like this shampoo much because it's one of the cheaper drugstore brands and usually those tend to be very drying on my hair. But surprisingly, this wasn't actually that drying at all! I don't find it "moisturizing" as it claims to be, but it cleanses my hair without leaving it stripped. Paired with my Herbal Essences conditioner, it leaves my hair really soft and shiny. and the scent is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I could give this 4.5 stars, but since I can't, I'll give it a 5.

Pros: Cleans well, lathers well, rinses easily, the smell isn't over powering like in the bottle.
Cons: Can cause burning of the eyes, when using different shampoo (to switch off) it makes your scalp burn, doesn't have the lovely smell that's in the bottle.

For a dollar, you can't go wrong. It preformed MUCH better than I thought it would (I have thick, curly, frizzy hair). I put that I'd repurchase 'cause I might pick it up if I want something different, but its definitely not my go-to.

[edit]
After thinking about it, I changed the rating to four & said I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

This stuff smells great at first sniff, but once I actually use it on my hair it turns into this fake, chemically fruit scent. Also, it doesn't moisturize my hair all that well, despite what it says on the front of the bottle. No re-buy for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by collectedmess

nice smell at first but i got tired of smelling so fruity all the time. i used it everyday but my hair is going through and akward phase right now so i started using it every other day, since it is so moisturizing my hair is now greasy, i guess i got to use something clarifying.
why does my hair have to be so complicated.

anyways

pretty cheap, smells fruity, too moisturizing

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by vanbergc

OMG! You're kidding, right? I've never used a product worse than this.