November 24, 2014 | 1988 users online

Treatments - Revlon - Post Trauma Nail Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by mizzemmixox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, found this in a bin in a cheap cosmetics store right after I had my acrylics off. I was desperate to find something before going overseas that I could take with me. This is amazing, it fills in all the ridges of my nails with 2 coats. Lasting power before it chips is about a week

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by carbongrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Snatched this up for around $2 on sale. Would've paid twice that for it, this is easily one of the better quality base coats out there, especially for people who paint their nails frequently. It really does smooth your nails out and prevents any staining from colored polishes. If you have darker nails this will probably show up as a pale pink color, I have light nails so it's nearly unnoticeable on me. It doesn't have a strong smell and it dries quickly. I'd definitely buy it again and recommend it to anyone looking for a high quality protective base coat!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by cherfyc

I actually quite like this product to help my nails replenish and get back to a healthy state after a couple weeks of nail polish (I let my nails breathe once a week, fyi) and I liked that this doubled as a base coat as well, but I was so disappointed when my first bottle was kind of thick. I know this is a flaw of the drugstores in Hong Kong where they put the bottles under warm lights, so I got a second in a value pack. It started out really nicely, but then before I even got halfway of the second bottle, it started becoming thick again. The brush becomes sort of clumped with thicker polish and it doesn't spread. I'm so sad. This product is amazing when it first started out, but no matter how tight I screw it and keep it in a cool place, it just turns thick :(

Great product, but it doesn't stay fresh long enough to serve its purpose well. I've wasted my money on a third of a good bottle of nail treatment.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Char1008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Tried this treatment off a recommendation from a friend, overall it has noticeably strengthened my flaky nails. However, after getting a third of the way through the bottle the rim is now covered in flaky dry polish which has fallen back in and makes it difficult to apply without ending up with a lumpy looking finish.
Contrary to other reviews I don't think it's possible to wear this on its own, although the colour is a natural looking pink the finish is a strange grainy looking matte which does not make my nails look healthy at all.
With regular applications over a period of time I have also now noticed the product is gradually staining my nails yellow.
Overall although the polish does work as a nail strengthener the "side effects" outweigh this and I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by plonisalmony

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In addition to being very satisfied with this product I wish to share something amazing that I recently accidentally discovered. For the past 5 years my nails would hardly grow and the tips would chip and disintegrate. The Post Trauma Nail Treatment helped a bit, but around two months ago I began taking 1 Tablespoon of pure organic coconut oil in a cup of hot water [with sweetener], twice a day (first thing in the morning and at night before bed) for general health reasons and lo and behold, after a about a month, my nails stopped splitting and actually look very nice. Unless you are allergic to coconut oil, I highly recommend trying this product.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first nail treatment that actually works for my dry, brittle nails. It also fills in nails ridges, which I have never had any product do. Amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not only is this an amazing base coat, but it looks beautiful on its own. Bouts of eczema on my hands along with some autoimmune issues have left me with nails in a terrible state. Not only are they weak and flaky, but my health problems have caused pitting and ridges in most of my nails. One coat of this greatly reduces them, and two coats eliminates all imperfections. It dries to a lovely pale matte pink, which looks natural and clean if worn alone. I really like this as a base coat too though, with my favorite top coat (INM's Out The Door) I can easily get 5-7 days out of a mani. Since using this, I haven't had any breakage or flaking on even my most problem nails. I hope with continued use my nails will start to grow at a normal pace again, and maybe one day I'll be able to have long nails. The only gripe I have is that the product is difficult to get to after about half the bottle is gone, but since it's pretty affordable (under $5 at Walmart), I guess I can live with that.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

While I haven't noticed any improvement in my nails over time from using this, as a polish/base coat I rather like it. It makes nails look healthier, fills ridges, and gives them a clean manicured appearance. The lasting power isn't great, and it melts a little on hot days (~30 degrees Celsius), but I will repurchase this when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by josieflo

This did improve my nails, but I don't like the application.
Pros: My nails did look and feel healthier from using this. They don't peel and they feel a bit stronger. It has a nice color when I wear it by itself. It's like a light sheer pink color that's matte.
Cons: It goes on a bit streaky. I hate the brush. I tried several times to make it look good but it doesn't go on very smoothly. The polish turns really sticky very easily. And when I got halfway through the bottle, I couldn't reach the polish unless I screwed the cap back on. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absoulutely love this nail treatment (aka base coat). I found it at Walmart for less than $5.00 so decided to give it a try.
My nails were breaking a little so I decided to try it for that reason. First of all, I love the way my nails look so mooth and perfect with just one coat. They look so matte and natural, love it. This is one of the best nail treatments/polishes I have bought in a long time!