October 25, 2014 | 1536 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Long-Lasting Natural Deodorant (with hops) in Apricot Scent

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by mbarnard0429

I thought this deodorant actually worked quite well - I don't have a huge issue with smell and this works very well for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by dmud74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disappointed. I had high hopes for a natural deodorant. It darkened my pits, made me smell worse than I think I would had I not used it. This was actually my second try with Tom's Deodorant, the first was the Calendula scent which was ok, not great but ok. I thought the Apricot would be better as I wanted to go for a more feminine scent...I was wrong! I expressed to my SO my disappointment over my darkened pits, yet how great it is they don't do animal testing as I am a vegetarian, he says they did the testing on you, you're the animal!

If you try this, try and get it on sale. It's just not worth shelling out $5 for something for which a cheapie deodorant would do a better job.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl8705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awhile back, I believed all the hype about antiperspirants being bad for you. I purchased this deodorant hoping it would be a good alternative to mainstream antiperspirants/deodorants. Well I would have been better off using nothing at all. It was worse than bo. And I had just showered and was in a/c and yet this awful stench infused with apricot was coming from me! It was awful. Well thankfully I researched a little more about the whole antiperspirant thing and the whole claim that it is harmful is pretty much an urban legend. So I'm back to wearing mainstream stuff and I'm most definitely okay with that.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is f-ing HORRIBLE! DO NOT BUY!

This crap irritated my underarms like nothing before! It was really bad and took a few weeks for my underarms to recover. I developed a rash that stung and darkened my underarms also (been applying coconut oil to my underarms every night for several weeks to soothe the area during the night).

If you check out the ingredients, I believe the culprit is ascorbic acid, other people say it is the ingredient 'zinc ricinoleate'. What ever the case is, this natural deodorant has been the worse deodorant I have ever tried (and even if the rash/burn never occurred, this deodorant left me fresh no longer than half the day.

The ironic thing about this product is that I purchased the Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Wild Lavender roll on and have never had a reaction from that one AND it keeps me fresh for at least two days without reapplying (probable the salts). So try the roll on version.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by yoitsninaxo

Do not use if you have sensitive skin!!! Seriously, this stuff burned my underarms :( It's my fault for continuing to use it when it stung a bit in the first place. It's been about a week since I used it and my skin is still flaky, dry, and dark. Ugh :( And I see from other reviews that I'm not the only one. Even if you don't have sensitive skin or an allergic reaction to it, this isn't the best deodorant. It felt like it never dried, and there were times I felt self conscious because I didn't smell as good as usual. The one thing about it I enjoyed was the scent. This was a spontaneous purchase and I had thought that since it is a natural product, I shouldn't have any problems. Won't make that mistake again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

What to expect in a deodorant: prevents bad BO, lasts at least 8 hours without souring, doesn't burn the armpits, texture isn't unpleasant, and doesn't stain clothing. The only positives I found to this deodorant are that it smells great and doesn't stain (more than normal, no-deo'd sweat.)

Not horrible for an all-natural deodorant, but doesn't live up to being a deodorant. When a deodorant says long-lasting, I expect it do last me at least 8 hours as I sweat EXCESSIVELY. This lasted 3 hours of lounging in air conditioning before souring slightly. 2 hours of excessive work and it's gone and it's very noticeable. Doesn't prevent BO, doesn't last a few hours, and burns my armpits. 3 strikes, even with the lovely apricot smell. The texture is a bit gloopy while it settles in and there's no noticeable stain on my shirts or horrible salt rings, which is alright.

I've tried many different brands (all of them?) with different compounds at different concentrations. Down to business; I sweat a hell of a lot. My dad does and I do. Couldn't have my mom's awesome genes for THAT, nope. One application of normal anti-perspirant/deodorant can't last her 2 whole days. My skin and sweat don't allow 24-hour anti-perspirants to halt or even slow my sweating to a more normal amount, but should delay the BO stank.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by rkpterodactyl

I bought this because I was intrigued by the "all-natural"ness of it and because of how great it smelled. Unfortunately, I seem to be allergic to some ingredient in this deodorant. Immediately after applying, my skin stung and turned red. I can't say I'd buy this again despite it's amazing apricot scent. I hope it works for someone else out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by BonBonMouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

There was a time when I was really into Tom's of Maine's deodorants. I purchased the deodorant in a variety of scents, but my favorite by far is the Apricot version.

I LOVE that it is 'all-natural' and also the great company values of TOM. I also love the scent of the apricot deodorant.

HOWEVER, this deodorant really does not suit my body chemistry. As soon as the deodorant hits my skin, It turns into a putrid scent on my skin, something close to rotting cabbage. I just tried this on my wrist, and it still gives the same 'off' smell. I really wanted this product to work, and have repurchased more than once, thinking that my deodorant had gone 'off'.

Sadly, this deodorant does not agree with my skin's pH. This is odd, since I don't normally have a problem with perfumes.

Note: This is only a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant. It rates around 2.5 in terms of effectiveness in keep body odor in check. It suits my everyday needs,but you might need something stronger if you have strong body odor or participate in intense sports.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This deodorant burned my underarms as soon as I applied it. No redness or rash, just intense burning, unrelated to shaving. I washed it off after ten minutes and felt immediate relief. Too bad! I'm glad it works for others.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I swear the advertisement on this deodorant is a lying cheat! I understand that sweating is the human body's way of clearing toxins but it just didn't provide enough protection. I smelled musty by the end of the day and was afraid to lift up my arms. It leaves a sticky residue all over my clothes. I mean seriously, what isn't bad about this product? I won't buy this ever again.