April 20, 2014 | 1956 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Long-Lasting Natural Deodorant (with hops) in Apricot Scent

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is f-ing HORRIBLE! DO NOT BUY!

This crap irritated my underarms like nothing before! It was really bad and took a few weeks for my underarms to recover. I developed a rash that stung and darkened my underarms also (been applying coconut oil to my underarms every night for several weeks to soothe the area during the night).

If you check out the ingredients, I believe the culprit is ascorbic acid, other people say it is the ingredient 'zinc ricinoleate'. What ever the case is, this natural deodorant has been the worse deodorant I have ever tried (and even if the rash/burn never occurred, this deodorant left me fresh no longer than half the day.

The ironic thing about this product is that I purchased the Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Wild Lavender roll on and have never had a reaction from that one AND it keeps me fresh for at least two days without reapplying (probable the salts). So try the roll on version.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by yoitsninaxo

Do not use if you have sensitive skin!!! Seriously, this stuff burned my underarms :( It's my fault for continuing to use it when it stung a bit in the first place. It's been about a week since I used it and my skin is still flaky, dry, and dark. Ugh :( And I see from other reviews that I'm not the only one. Even if you don't have sensitive skin or an allergic reaction to it, this isn't the best deodorant. It felt like it never dried, and there were times I felt self conscious because I didn't smell as good as usual. The one thing about it I enjoyed was the scent. This was a spontaneous purchase and I had thought that since it is a natural product, I shouldn't have any problems. Won't make that mistake again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

What to expect in a deodorant: prevents bad BO, lasts at least 8 hours without souring, doesn't burn the armpits, texture isn't unpleasant, and doesn't stain clothing. The only positives I found to this deodorant are that it smells great and doesn't stain (more than normal, no-deo'd sweat.)

Not horrible for an all-natural deodorant, but doesn't live up to being a deodorant. When a deodorant says long-lasting, I expect it do last me at least 8 hours as I sweat EXCESSIVELY. This lasted 3 hours of lounging in air conditioning before souring slightly. 2 hours of excessive work and it's gone and it's very noticeable. Doesn't prevent BO, doesn't last a few hours, and burns my armpits. 3 strikes, even with the lovely apricot smell. The texture is a bit gloopy while it settles in and there's no noticeable stain on my shirts or horrible salt rings, which is alright.

I've tried many different brands (all of them?) with different compounds at different concentrations. Down to business; I sweat a hell of a lot. My dad does and I do. Couldn't have my mom's awesome genes for THAT, nope. One application of normal anti-perspirant/deodorant can't last her 2 whole days. My skin and sweat don't allow 24-hour anti-perspirants to halt or even slow my sweating to a more normal amount, but should delay the BO stank.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by rkpterodactyl

I bought this because I was intrigued by the "all-natural"ness of it and because of how great it smelled. Unfortunately, I seem to be allergic to some ingredient in this deodorant. Immediately after applying, my skin stung and turned red. I can't say I'd buy this again despite it's amazing apricot scent. I hope it works for someone else out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by BonBonMouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

There was a time when I was really into Tom's of Maine's deodorants. I purchased the deodorant in a variety of scents, but my favorite by far is the Apricot version.

I LOVE that it is 'all-natural' and also the great company values of TOM. I also love the scent of the apricot deodorant.

HOWEVER, this deodorant really does not suit my body chemistry. As soon as the deodorant hits my skin, It turns into a putrid scent on my skin, something close to rotting cabbage. I just tried this on my wrist, and it still gives the same 'off' smell. I really wanted this product to work, and have repurchased more than once, thinking that my deodorant had gone 'off'.

Sadly, this deodorant does not agree with my skin's pH. This is odd, since I don't normally have a problem with perfumes.

Note: This is only a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant. It rates around 2.5 in terms of effectiveness in keep body odor in check. It suits my everyday needs,but you might need something stronger if you have strong body odor or participate in intense sports.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This deodorant burned my underarms as soon as I applied it. No redness or rash, just intense burning, unrelated to shaving. I washed it off after ten minutes and felt immediate relief. Too bad! I'm glad it works for others.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I swear the advertisement on this deodorant is a lying cheat! I understand that sweating is the human body's way of clearing toxins but it just didn't provide enough protection. I smelled musty by the end of the day and was afraid to lift up my arms. It leaves a sticky residue all over my clothes. I mean seriously, what isn't bad about this product? I won't buy this ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by thyniki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best aluminum-free deodorant I've used so far. For some reason, I've found that the apricot variety works far better than the lavender variety (which really didn't work for me at all). This one actually seems to last, and does have the drying effect that is necessary to keep odor under control, unlike the lavender scent variety and the deodorant made by Nature's Gate. However, it isn't something I'd trust when attending important functions, so I recommend keeping a spare conventional stick around in case you want to try this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

I'm giving this a one-star rating because the scent attracted a lot of bugs (flies and bees in particular) around my underarm area :S (yes I have put this to test and I'm sure it's the deodourant's problem). The deodourant itself smells very nice with a natural fruit smell (perhaps this was why it attracted a lot of bugs around me). It's not as long-lasting as it claims, and probably just last for half a day max.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by cleverk

If it's hot enough outside for me to sweat, no anti-perspirant seems to work, so I figured I might as well just use a plain deodorant and avoid any unnecessary ingredients. I gave this deodorant a fair chance, about 2-3 weeks, and I have to say that it is extremely ineffective. Prior to using Tom's, I didn't even really know if I had an offensive body odor...I think I started using deodorant as a kid when everyone else did before I really needed it. Now, however, I am definitely aware that I do need deodorant and Tom's does not cut it. I was so self-conscious that everyone could smell me and finally gave up on it. The product itself smells good but it only lasts me 5-10 minutes... not exactly "long-lasting" I used it during the winter months so I wasn't even sweating at all, I just smelt bad all the time. After a couple weeks, it also made my armpits very itchy and red. A couple days after switching deodorants, they are still recovering :(