August 21, 2014 | 1164 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Fever Gloss in hotness

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gloss is amazing. The color is natural yet glam, and it makes your lips look super sexy. Could be worn to dinner or clubbing.. very versatile. The packaging is amazing and the applicator is the most comfortable I've ever used!! I have very pigmented lips and this does show up on me without anything else underneath. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

It smells alittle weird, but its glossy and pigmented. I love the heart shaped applicator and the subtle shimmer. The packaging looks luxe and heavy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I put that I would repurchase this gloss... mainly because I did... but let me tell you what happened...

The first time I bought this was a few years ago, and I purchased it without trying it on my lips first. In the tube, it looks like such a gorgeous peahy-pink-nude, sort of like a more golden-toned version of the now-discontinued MAC Lip Lacquer in Varneesh.

Anyway, unfortunately, since my lips are rather pink-pigmented, this gloss turned out to be too sheer, and on my bare lips, it just looked like nothing. I ended up returning it.

Fast forward a few years... I was recently watching a Lancome video featuring makeup by Sandy Linter, and she lined the lips with Bronzelle lipliner (which I will review separately), applied Rich Cashmere lipstick (which I already have in my arsenal), and then applied some Hotness gloss right on top. It created the most gorgeous nude-pink lip on the model, so I decided to give this gloss another shot.

I have to say that this gloss (along with the other Fever glosses) is best applied on top of lipstick. It really helps the pigments in the gloss to pop, helps it to last, and gives the lips that extra dimension. Additionally, it seems to seal the moisture into my lips when I apply it on top of lipstick.

Other qualities you should know about these Fever glosses? They have a heart-shaped doe-foot applicator that conforms well to the contours of the lip. The gloss smells overwhelmingly like sweet fruit, which sort of grosses me out, but when used on top of a lipstick, particularly a rose-smelling lippie like the Lancome ones, it really tones that scent down. The texture is gel-like and somewhat thin, so there is no stickiness/tackiness. It retails for $26, which is slightly pricey for a lipgloss.

Overall, I would most likely purchase this when I run out, but only to wear on top of a lipstick. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by StrawberiiKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip gloss :) It's extremely pigmented and the packaging of it is GORGEOUS :D

~Strawberii

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Gorgeous gloss! The scent is a little much for me but this l/g is so pretty it is worth it! I will rebuy when i run out!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a PPP neutral/cool with pigmented lips. I do not like the color of Hotness as it is too pale for my lips and I look very washed out if I wear it alone. On me, it pulls alittle brownish pale tone. The texture of the gloss is nice and it has nice shimmer and it layers well, but I do not like layering my lip colors so I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by qwerty_x3

This gives a really nice color to my lips and it matches my skin tone perfectly. If you don't like it, it's probably just the wrong color. There are so many other colors to choose from, though. It's not really shiny or "poppin", which is a good thing for me. Definately repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

For $23, I expect a lip gloss to carry some real pigment. It smells great (like berries), the wand applicator is clever, and the overall design is gorgeous for a lip gloss. But I have pigmented lips against pale skin, and the color is very light. The shine is very good, but it does the work of a cheaper lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by BreAnn21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this colour. On my pale complexion, this gloss shows up with the right hint of natural colour. I am on my third one of these. It works very well for me for a tad bit of added colour and shine but not to over do it for professional occassions. It is non sticky and I love the wand applicator as opposed to the squeeze tube. This is my HG/staple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 8:40:00 PM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

Not really pigmented. If I didn't put a concealer on my lips to neutralize my lip color I wouldn't have seen this on me at all. However, I use this as a sheer gloss over lipsticks and boy did it give me that extra OMPH.