April 21, 2014 | 1353 users online

Lipstick - Smashbox - Decadence Photo Finish Lip Luxe in Socialite

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had purchased Clinique Creamy Nude Long Last lipstick and loved the color; but I didn't love what it did to my lips. (dry and pasty)

I found this on Ebay and bought several tubes, it's practically identical to the Clinique but it has a moisturizing feel on the lips, doesn't dry them out, and it lasts a good long time. It also isn't a flat dead-looking finish like the Clinique.

I hope by the time there are no other tubes of this available, there is either a replacement or I outgrow loving it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Lyssy27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color was the perfect intro to Smashbox lip colors for me. It's the absolute perfect low-maintenance nude for for my fair skin. I love the lipstick and the mirrored lid for application. I didn't love the lip gloss as it's too pale for me and the texture feels grainy. I'd buy it again if it wasn't limited edition.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Shopper's Drug Mart was having a 20x the points event, so this lipstick ended up as being on of my purchases to qualify. I really liked the colour, a very pretty nude pink, but I was really taken with the gloss in the lip of the lipstick tube, Goldish vanilla, so pretty. The lipstick itself is almost the exact same colour as my natural lips so this works quite well for me. It's a touch pinker than my natural lip tone, but the end result is glossy and pretty. The lipstick on it's own is nice, if not a bit matte, but with the gloss it's just wow! I love the dimension the gloss add to the lipstick colour. I find the lipstick to be super creamy, but not so creamy that it slides everywhere. The packaging is ok, but tube itself is quite fat, but it does have a sleek titanium/pewter colour and looks quite posh. I did choke at bit at the price, about 32$ CAD, but I guess it's because there is a gloss at the end. Only time will tell how much gloss is actually in the tube. It's a really pretty gloss colour though, I'd love to own a single tube of it one day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This is from the brand new collection from Smashbox called Decadence, released July 2007. I was immediately taken with this collection and grabbed almost everything. This lipstick looks like the perfect nude rose color. Comes in a sleek pewter shiny tube with a tiny flip top mirror on the end with a sheer gold shimmer gloss. I love the design. having the mirror on the end is awesome. I like the idea of having a gloss too, but you have to apply it with your finger or brush since its just a smallish pot at the end of the tube. I dont like putting my finger in gloss so that kinda turned me off. The lipstick is described as a sandwash pink and thats basically what it is. I thought it would be a little more nude/brown, but its really pink. Almost too much so for my NC30 light olive complexion. Definately cool toned. But i liked the tube so much, i was still considering keeping it. That is until i swatched it against my existing lippies and found its almost an exact match to EL Nude Rose. Maybe just a hint more softer/paler. But really close. (the Estee lauder is the free gift lipstick in the Nordstrom Anniversary 2007 GWP). So at $28 for this tube, its going back. Its not my HG color and i have a freebie almost identical, so this isnt worth the price for me.