October 25, 2014 | 1744 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - No7 Refine & Rewind serum

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Lisa1000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

According to a few articles I read, this seems to be one of the few face creams tested in a published scientific study. The good news is that it worked, the bad news is that it worked for only 1 out of 5 people. But, those odds seemed better than most of the products out there so I bought it. I'm now on my second bottle and I like it. It's light, doesn't make me break out, and seems to help with wrinkles. I'll update if I move on to something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i use serums on occasion, and really like this one; for some reason my Target store had it for about 5 or 6 dollars on the clearance shelf, like they were getting rid of the last bottles ( i love those shelves-bought my Pureology dry style for $5 due to a cracked outer container, and recently got some lovely Starbucks coffee and dark chocolate-76% cocoa chips/discs). i have been using my serum under my sunscreen and BE powder foundation, and my skin is definitely brighter looking! i get comments about my skin alot (not to brag-just never did alot of tanning, never smoked, have good genes and take care of myself), and this makes my complexion even nicer!! mind you i do have the 1 between my eyes- would love to do Restylane- and some broken blood vessels which BE covers nicely, but the RR serum kind of smooths everything out without being too greasy. will definitely continue to use- unless i find something better!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Laura22smom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start with two caveats...
1) I received this product from the UK and they use different names there...mine is called protect and perfect intense but it has the exact same ingredients as the refine and rewind intense serum available in Canada. This review is for either the rewind and refine intense or the protect and perfect intense UK (the key is the term INTENSE somewhere in the title which this one has although it is not written in this product review title).

2) I am not a serum person and I do not have much to compare to

On to the good stuff.

Application:
I was worried that a serum would feel heavy, sticky, OTT in combination with sunscreen and moisturizer. This could not be further from the truth. This product is light and pleasant to apply. It is easily absorbed and leaves no scent and feeling at all.

Effectiveness:
Well, within the first couple of days I developed a couple of volcanic sized pimples (which is extremely rare for me...almost never happens). I was ready to toss the stuff when my friend suggested that the product might be cleansing my skin and removing the deep down dirt in the pores. She suggested I wait a week. I didn't even have to wait that long. After that one initial break-out, I started to notice an almost immediate improvement in my skin. I'm not saying my skin looked 10 years younger, but there was an overall improvement in evenness and brightness. Just generally nicer skin. I found myself using foundation less often and feeling good about it. As for reduction in wrinkles, there may be some minor improvement but it has not been that long. I have used half a bottle (probably about a month or so now?) and so I don't expect miracles. But I have gone out and purchased more (which says quite alot coming from a non-serum-using woman). I will update in future months as to the effectiveness on wrinkles (mild and deep). I would not be surprised to see positive effects as the product contains retinol and other ingredients proven to be effective (but at a much more reasonable price point then most...about $20 US, $25 Canadian).

General Info:
I am 44 years old with early signs of aging with some deep wrinkles (e.g. the 11 between the eyes). Other then this, I only use moisturizer and sunscreen (religiously). Overall my skin is normal.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2009 7:19:00 AM More reviews by MidwestChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love serums that go underneath my face cream. This one isn't bad but it's not one of my favorites. It prevented breakouts and somewhat firmed up my skin, but not as well as other brands. I just thought it could do a better job than it did.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by laurakate

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product. I bought Restore and Renew also, but love this one. My skin is amazing now, and people have noticed. I'm lucky to have good skin with very few wrinkles especially at my age, but this treatment has really made a difference in the past two months. I will definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading about the miracle serum and not being able to find it at my local Target or CVS. I am a little underwhelmed. I have very good skin that is starting to age and after using a few pumps of this every morning for about 6 weeks I really don't notice any difference. I don't think I will try this again. I might try the other serum (the famous one) to see if I notice a difference. Benefits: did not break out or get itchy, absorbs well, does not get oily nor dry, good price point.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, after reading all the comments on this product, I spent HOURS at my local Target today, trying to decide between this and the other one, Restore and Renew (they were well supplied on both, but they did not have Protect and Perfect). I just could not make up my mind. Finally, I opted for Refine and Rewind because it said something about around-the-eye wrinkles. Also, I read good reviews here by women in my age bracket. Mind you, I checked the ingredients in both boxes, and I saw they pretty much coincided. Anyway, I will try it out starting tonight and I will report back.

UPDATE 01/01/08: Well, wouldn't you know it. This stuff does not work for me. Surprise, effing surprise! (I beg your pardon; I don't mean to be rude, but I'm so frustrated). On the second day I used it, I saw a pimple that was not there before. I persevered and used it again all day and at night, as a primer, before we went out for our New Year dinner. When I came home, there was another little pimple where none had been before. That did it. I put a quick stop to it. I removed my makeup and put on some of my faithful Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturizer, which I keep at hand for occasions such as this one. As usual, it cleared eveything up (they were little pimples), I'll keep using Boot's serum around the eyes (please don't tell me one can break out there, too :rolleyes: ) just to get some sort of money value, but that's all I'll use it for. I went through bloody hell in my youth due to acne. I have NO intentions of going through that again. What really bummers me is that I was such a chump that I did not keep the receipt and now I can't return it. Oh, well. Today, I went and bought Olay's Total Effects Andti-Aging/Anti-Blemish Moisturizer. It was on sale, so that was good. But I mourn my wasted $20. Especially because I saw so many new goodies on display at Walgreens. As this serum seems to work so well for others, I removed only one lippie, and said I would not buy it again. Looks like it just does not work for me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2007 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lainemmitchell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this a lot. I don't have a lot of wrinkles, but I feel like it had an immediate effect, most especially on my crow's feet. My skin feels smoother and looks healthier in general too. No breakouts or irritation either.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 6:32:00 PM More reviews by obie1

Have been using this for the past 2 weeks and my skin is looking good. Have also upped the intensity of my environ c quence gel to 3 so don't know if its that or a combination of the two!
My skin appears very clear and refined and I have no need to wear make up at present. My fine lines seem plumped out and discolouration seems to have faded. No one has made a comment as yet but lets wait and see.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2007 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Paulaschoicefan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When all the hype about P&P came out after the Horizon prgramme I just had to go down to Boots and get a bottle of this wonder cream. I live in Thailand and was so dissapointed that they didn't stock the miracle potion but they said they had one better called Refine and Rewind so of course so as not to go home empty handed I bought one. On first applying it I felt that it was a bit thick and rich for my oily skin but after a minute or two it completely disappeared into my skin to leave a really smooth fresh feel with no oiliness at all. The thing that swayed me the most was after about 3 weeks of use, on TWO seperate occasions, I bumped into two friends that I hadn't seen for about a year (both male!) and they both commented on my skin and said I looked much younger than before!! Well that did it for me! I have recently changed to P&P only because I find it a little more lighter for my oily skin. However I would have no problem to purchase R&R if stock levels of P&P became a problem again.