April 16, 2014 | 2159 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - KATE Super Sharp Liner High Black - new for fall 2007

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Vynro

PRICE - I got this for 75HKD which is completely worth it for anyone wanting to try out liquid liners.

COLOUR - this comes in ink black, black and brown. I personally use the ink black one and out of all the liquid liners I've tried this has the purest black, not some wishy-washy grey such that one coat does the job.

APPLICABILITY - this goes on easily and stays on. It is extremely smooth upon applying and gives a very sharp finish, perfect for more defined styles.

STAYING POWER - this doesn't budge once settled and so far I haven't had the need to reapply since the colour doesn't fade, and I'm talking in 24 hour terms here.

Simply put, a great liquid liner with a dirt cheap price, easy application and brilliant staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by M31212Y

It's very hard to make a mistakes when you draw a line with this pen,unless someone push your hand.LOL. It glides smoootthhllyy on my eyelid,unlike any other liquid liner that doesn't mistake proof. It's pretty cheap for the quality,it long lasting but unfortunately it's not waterproof/water resistant...It smudge/smears after I yawned (>o<) haha. It's not for watery eyes like me, but I really like this pen liner, extremely easy to apply, dry quickly. I hope they will make the waterproof version of this,huhuh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 6:32:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pics***

When I read that Kate was going to release a new Super Sharp liner in a true deep black shade I was very excited to try it out. When you read the reviews for the original Super Sharp liner many girls mention that the BK (black) shade is not dark enough for their taste. I personally have always been happy with the original black, I layer my eyeliner a few times usually anyway so it always was black enough for my taste =)

Anyway, since Super Sharp is my HG liner for long time already I had to get the new version and it's really great even though they changed a few things!

The new liner comes in a black pencil, not silver like the original version. Both the applicator brush as well as the pen itself are thicker than the original Super Sharp liner.

When I noticed the wider brush I was afraid that it won't draw a nice thin and precise line like the original liner. But when I tried it out I noticed that it applies the same.

And in my opinion the color is indeed black. To me honestly black is black, I can't really tell the difference between the original black layered twice and the new version applied once or twice. I think probably the new one is really darker but as I said I apply my liner at least in 2 layers anyway so for me it doesn't matter much :P

Super Sharp Liner in High Black retails for around 1000 Yen (a bit less than US$10) but can be found at about 20% off in Japanese drugstores. It's really affordable and worth every yen/cent =D It contains around 0.7ml (IIRC)

continued >>