January 29, 2015 | 1693 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Over-Night Biological Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This thing healed my acne in four days.

I have mild to moderate acne problem and had been using a prescribed tretinoin cream (0.1%) for a little over a month. Even though the purging state was over, i was still getting an occasional pimple every now and then. I also had some redness and a LOT of flaking, mostly around my mouth. I could not wear foundation because of the flakes. The pimples i had were healing up fast but were leaving a nasty red/pink spots that took weeks to heal.

One day i visited Kiehl's shop to buy hair conditioner. I was wearing foundation and my face was looking pretty bad with all the flakes. While browsing for some testers to take with my purchase, i decided to ask the SA about what i can do to minimize the flaking. She gave me two testers of this product and told me to use it once a week.

At home i checked out the ingredients and saw that it was basically a chemical peel with some moisturizing ingredients. I decided to replace my tretinoin cream with this and use it every night, to see if it'll do a better job peeling my face gracefully.

I did not expect much from this, given the low rating here on MUA but i took the risk anyway. I'm so glad i did.

After day 1 the flakes were gone. Day 3, i noticed some fading on my old red acne marks. It's day 5 of using this product and my red marks are almost gone. I also noticed today that i no longer felt tiny lumps and bumps under the skin when i massaged my face. I haven't had a single pimple show up on areas i applied this product on.

I'm shocked at this result to be honest and i really really hope it keeps doing whatever it did to my face. I still have two more days worth of tester, but i'll go and purchase the full sized bottle today.

I'll update my review if it starts not to work. But so far, this is the best thing i've done to my face. Make sure you grab a tester next time you visit Kiehl's, you can never know what will work for your skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Sue90114

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is very acne prone and sensitive, and this product caused a reaction where I experienced a break out of lumps and had a slight rash as I felt the product was quite strong on my skin. Because I'm sensitive to most products I've started focusing on these capsules that work from the inside, where I came across biocorrex and it really has dealt with my acne symptoms. It's such a relief to find a product that is skin friendly and gets to the source even deeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Janya2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love to use Kiehl's Over-Night Biological Peel on my sensitive skin once a week. You can just spread the serum, leave it on your face over the night, and your flaky skin appears smoother and clearer the next morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by vaa16

Im acne prone and no break outs, more even skin tone and smaller pores I will update in few months...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

So my first impression of this product was amazing, gave me beautiful glowing flawless skin after only 5 hours of wearing it during the day. The only problem is this gives me horrible break outs all over my face.
If your acne prone stay away from this product, l'm a huge fan of kiehls but this product didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by LadySelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it's a HG in my skincare regime!!!
It's sticky and uncomfortable when it's used during the night but this stuff is amazing!makes skin glow clear and glowing,I have oily-combo skin and I've stopped using harsh exfoliator since I've found Kiehl's overnight biological peel.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This has been a real game-changer for me! I've had acne-prone skin for a really long time, with issues with oiliness, skin texture, and big ole' fat pimples. Since I started using the Biological Peel a few months ago, I've had all of those problems mostly disappear. I still have some acne scarring from middle school (that's a story for another time!), but my skin is definitely smoother, I have fewer pimples, and when they appear, they also leave faster.

I use about 1.5-2 pumps 3 times a week, and haven't had any problems with the stickiness other people are reporting. Yeah, it takes a little time to absorb (probably 10-20 minutes?), but I also read in bed, so it has some extra time to sink in there before my face hits the pillow.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by silksun

I love Kiehl's and I bought this product with curiosity.
I am afraid the price paid starts to hurt after experiencing no difference on your skin no matter how much you want.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by natmc13

I was looking for a glycolic peel to buy and came across this. Kiehls products are great. My skin is pretty good and i only get a few breakouts here and there but its good to invest and look after your skin all the time anyway. I was advised to use it once or twice a week and you only need a small amount a paper thin layer all over your face. I smoothed it on before i went to bed because you need atleast 5hours for it to work. I used toner to remove it in the morning and immiditley noticed the difference! my skin was sooo smooth and glowing. After using it twice a week sometimes three my skin is looking and feeling great, even the tiny lines by my eyes and on my forehead have reduced and small spot scars have also nearly gone. Would recommend this for anyone of any age. (also try to use a moisturiser the following day with SP in it) x

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by grace123

I got this as a sample recently and have been using it once a week on my sensitive skin. My first impression of this is that it didn't seem to do very much, and I felt as though I didn't see that much of a difference the next morning. However, over the past few weeks my skin has improved dramatically, with less breakouts, redness and smaller pores. I feel as though its smoother, brighter and more "glowy." I haven't changed anything else in my skin care routine (except skipping foundation daily altogether after week two of using this!) so I am figuring this must be it! Will purchase when my sample runs out - they are always so generous at Kiehl's.