September 17, 2014 | 1986 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Travel Kabuki Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Dlrainer

Good brush for traveling. I use this with my MAC studio fix powder and its amazing! Kinda pricey for a brush that's a drugstore brand, but so far I'm satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Had to throw this away after a few months. I kept this in my purse for touch ups and liked how hygienic it seemed. It did shed slightly after washing but nothing that bothered me too much. It was easy to spot stray hairs and get rid of them.I like to wash all my makeup brushes every week or so. When I washed this one the water would run black. I figured it was dye and that it would wash out after the first few washes, but this continued every single time I washed it. I also noticed an odd smell after I first washed it, almost mildewy, like the brush never dried completely, after several washed the smell never went away and was ultimately the reason I parted ways with this brush. It's turned me completely off travel kabukis and now I just carry my EM kabuki brush for touch ups.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by yankee77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get why so many people like this brush. I have had it over a year and have used it maybe 10 times, It is awful for putting on mineral foundation leaving the foundation just sitting on your face and it does a crappy job if you try to buff it in. I actually prefer to use the brush on the L'oreal mineral foundation, which is a below average brush at best. I would not recommend this-especially for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this review is for the full sized flat top kabuki brush. i used this brush to apply my cream to powder foundation. it applied my foundation beautifully!!!! my skin looked so smooth, almost airbrushed. i was amazed. no streaks or anything and i applied my makeup so much quicker than when i use a cosmetic wedge. i also used less product. i was in heaven and planned on using this brush forever...until i discovered that it was irritating my skin. it wasnt that the brush wasnt clean, it was the bristles/synthetic hair that caused the irritation. if you have really sensitive skin, beware of this brush. it gave me tiny bumps all over my face. my face got really upset after using the brush 2 days in a row. sucks for me..cuz it really is a great brush. if you can use it with no issues, then i highly recommend it. unfortunately for me, i have to go back to using cosmetic wedges :(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by susieg8385

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok...heard a spokesperson from Paula's Choice say that SK brushes are as good. Saw lots of raves on the internet but wish I'd gone to MUA too.

Cons: Shedding brush. Tried washing it and after some dark water rinses (what ink is in it?) I let it air dry and still irritating shedding. You think it'll settle down but it doesn't.

Smells chemically

Packaging feels cheap. Rectractable metal tube as mentioned earlier doesn't entirely cover the bristles.

Pricey for drugstore/Target. $19 Buyer beware. Target's return policy is woeful

Pros: None.

Conclusion: Any brush that sheds that much doesn't deserve a high rating. Check out Essence of Beauty (CVS) brushes and Eco Tools. Thanks to forum here I bought them and they are lovely

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had my travel kit for a year now and it's still in great condition. My travel brush is the silver packaging at the time they didn't have the black one available at my local Target.

My purse size varies from large to small so I needed a powder brush that will travel well with whatever 'luggage' I lug around. I have different retractable brushes, but this was THE perfect size to have around, especially in those clutch type days. The size is the size of a typical lipstick.

I've washed mine over and over for the past year and it hasn't lost a bristle. The packing feels somewhat cheap, but surprisingly it has survived in the bottom of my purse and has no dent whatsoever. I used to buy loads of powder puffs for my powder compact, but after buying this brush I've saved myself a ton of money! For $15 I would of been happy to pay even $25 for this handy brush. Mine is a year old and the current condition it's in I know it will last me another 2 year or so. Well worth the investment, for me anyways :) Great brush for touch ups!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by RandomFlopsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bingo. I pillaged the SpaceNK sales and got this at half-price, making it very cheap indeed. I would have been a little disappointed had I paid full price. This brush sheds like mad! I freaked out, thinking I'd turned into the Bearded Lady. I hope this will stop after a few uses, but right now it's quite annoying. Still: great travel staple, the retracting mechanism seems sturdy, and the brush feels good on the skin. Works nicely with mineral powder foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by jazmatazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep this in my purse for powder touch ups throughout the day. I think it works great and it's nice it is retractable and portable. I don't have any problem with shedding.

4 lippies because it is kind of pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by jenniferjanson

Note: this review is for the full sized Kabuki Brush that comes without a top.

At first I used this brush to apply mineral powder because it was cheaper than the Bare Essencials (sp?) brush. Since I quickly got over the mineral powder phenomenon I now use it to apply bronzer. This dense brush does not shed, is well made, and does a great job of distributing an even layer of pressed powder, which is vital when wearing bronzer, and that's hard to do with a regular floppy powder brush. Apply it in a swirling motion, not side to side, to eliminate streaks. I've had mine for several years now.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Wendie

This is a great little brush for the price. I've bought the Bobbi Brown, Nars and Smashbox Kabukis in the past. The Smashbox is too big to carry. I had been carrying around a Chantacaille blush with me, but it doesn't even come with a mediocore brush. I was in Target and picked this one up. It's terrific. Soft dense bristles, Even application. Grest for powder or blush. So far no shedding, it's own case, and much less expensive that others purchased previously. This is a touch up brush, I wouldn't abuse it - there are better brushes to keep at home - MAC or Shu...